Audio migration in progress. Some responses pages / audio files may have broken file links.
- allows Anti-Mage to escape through Anchor Smash and Ravage.
- reflects Gush and Ravage back on Tidehunter (it can be dispelled by Kraken Shell if you take enough damage).
- quickly burns Tidehunter's mana pool, preventing him from spamming his abilities.
- Both and are very effective against Tidehunter, and can counter his initiation.
- Luna often builds , and none of Tidehunter's spells can bypass spell immunity.
- and deal a lot of magic damage in the early and mid-game, which can bypass Kraken Shell.
- His and are perfect against Kraken Shell and Anchor Smash in all stages of the game.
- also drains Tidehunter's intelligence with each hit, which further reduces his mana pool and prevents him from casting a lot of spells.
- Tidehunter's low base intelligence and intelligence gain means that he will take a lot of damage from .
- Kraken Shell can't restore damage stolen by , and the damage stolen can offset Anchor Smash's damage reduction.
- melts Tidehunter's armor and makes him much less tanky.
- Ravage is easy to steal, and you'd rather not give it to the enemy team. Be sure to use Anchor Smash immediately after Ravage when playing against a Rubick.
- can be used when you blink in, denying your initiation and putting you in a bad spot, especially if your opponents have s.
- dispels debuffs from Gush, Anchor Smash and Ravage.
- Kraken Shell cannot restore attributes stolen by or break the leash if he gets d.
- Because Sniper tends to stay in the back, hitting him with any of your spells can be hard.
- allows Sniper to harass Tidehunter effectively in lane.
- puts Tidehunter's Blink Dagger on cooldown from a long range.
- Ursa can be quite a bully in lane because can neither be dispelled by Kraken Shell nor reduced by Anchor Smash.
- dispels the slow from Gush, and if upgraded with , can even dispel stun from Ravage.
- Gush doesn't slow with a little trouble.
- dispels debuffs from Gush and Anchor Smash.
- Kraken Shell and Anchor Smash can't kill and dispel bugs by .
- Skills that provides spell immunity, e.g. , .
- Disables which cannot be removed by Kraken Shell, e.g. , , .
- 's cannot be dispelled, and the bonus attack speed he gains from negates some of the protection provided by Kraken Shell.
- Break disables Kraken Shell, reducing much of Tidehunter's survivability.
- Percentage-based damage, like , is effective on Tidehunter's high health pool.
- prevents nearly all of Tidehunter's spells for its entire duration.
- 's break can disable Kraken Shell.
- burns Tidehunter's mana pool, although the slow can be dispelled by Kraken Shell.
- Armor items (like and ) lessens the armor reduction of Gush.
- Tidehunter is probably the worst hero to initiate with , as Kraken Shell will remove it and he is usually tanky enough to survive and cast Ravage in a middle of enemy team. At the same time, if Batrider initiates on his teammate, Tidehunter will have the perfect opportunity to counter-initiate.
- Kraken Shell is very useful against and as well.
- Tidehunter can cancel channeling with Ravage, limiting Sand King's potential to initiate and counter-initiate. 's
- Kraken Shell dispels the damage amplification stacks of and the damage reduction from (provided he has taken enough damage).
- When all of Shadow Fiend's abilities are on cooldown, he relies on physical damage. This can be reduced by Anchor Smash.
- Ravage can cancel Requiem of Souls if Shadow Fiend isn't protected by .
- Kraken Shell can remove debuff unless Slardar picks his level 25 talent.
- Gush's movement speed reduction can somewhat cancel out the movement speed bonus from .
- Kraken Shell blocks huge amount of damage from , and dispels when enough damage is taken. It is almost impossible for to solo kill him before she gets her level 18 and an . Add the damage reduction from Anchor Smash on top of that and she shouldn't even scratch you.
- Most summons and illusions can barely hurt Tidehunter at all, after their attacks get reduced by Anchor Smash and blocked by Kraken Shell.
- Tidehunter's AoE-based spells can be effective against summons or illusions-based heroes such as or .
- Heroes with channeled abilities can be cancelled by Ravage from a distance: , , , , .
Works well with...
- and are two good spells to combine with ravage.
- combined with Kraken Shell will make you near immune to physical damage before the enemy carries build up some considerable damage.
- Ravage can be a good setup for .
- Ravage allows Elder Titan to follow up with an and combo.
- Ravage is a good setup for .
- Since Kraken Shell blocks a static amount of damage, it becomes proportionately more effective the less the enemy heroes deal through right clicks. Therefore, any ally that can reduce their right click damage though a spell or an aura (such as or a negative ) will turn you progressively tankier and harder to kill.
- Tidehunter is a dedicated teamfighter thanks to Ravage and will benefit from other big team fight spells to combine with Ravage ( or to name a couple). The triumvirate of dota (5-man beats ganks beats split-push beats 5-man) holds quite true with Tidehunter : he is somewhat ill-suited to deal with split-push, but very hard to take down in a gank by one or two people.