The Seven Planes
|The Seven Planes|
|Heroes:|| Elder Titan|
The Dota 2 universe is divided into Seven Planes of existence, each with their own characteristics. Physical beings that traverse between planes are subject to a powerful friction that damage their bodies. Spirits losts between the planes eventually become minerals.
Travelling between planes can be dangerous, as there exists interdimensional predators that stalk the dark corners of creation.
Only four planes are currently known by name.
- Terrene Plane: The plane on which most of Dota 2's events take place. According to Elder Titan, it is the plane on which the final battle will be fought. This plane is considered a "shadow" of the unnamed plane that Spirit Breaker is from. Also known as the Physical or Mortal Plane.
- Astral Plane: Elder Titan's comes from the Astral Plane.
- Fundamental Plane: The plane where Fundamentals go after they die. "A far upstream plane where the fundamental laws of the universe have found sentient expression."
- Elemental Plane: Possibly a plane where  is from.
- Foulfell: A hidden dimension sometimes described as the "prison plane". It is where demons imprison their renegades.
- Spectre's Plane: An unnamed plane where Mercurial originates. It is described as a plane of chaotic emanations and violent power.
- Heavy Pauldrons of the World Runner description.
- Ghost Orb of the Planeswalker description.
- Spectral Light description.
- Elder Titan response: ▶️ On this alone of seven planes the final war is fought.
- Heavy Belt of the World Runner description.
- Elder Titan response: ▶️ I return from the Primordial plane.
- Elder Titan response: ▶️ Return to the Fundamental plane.
- Chaos Knight biography.
- Spirit Breaker description.
- Atramentos the Apocalyptic description.
- Horns of the Ephemeral Haunt description.