The International 2016: Group Stage
| The International 2016:|
|Start Date:||3 August 2016|
|End Date:||7 August 2016|
The Group Stage gathers 16 teams from 4 different region. They compete in a round-robin format to decide them will advance to Upper Bracket or Lower Bracket of the Main Event.
- 16 teams divided in two groups of eight teams each and played in a round-robin format.
- All matches are played in a best of two.
- A 2-0 win provides 2 points.
- 1-1 provides 1 point.
- 0-2 provides 0 points.
- Top four teams in each group advance to the upper bracket of the Main Event.
- Bottom four teams in each group advance to the lower bracket of the Main Event.
- If there is a tie along the Upper and Lower Bracket divider, more games will be played.
- For other games, the following is used:
- 1. Compare the matchup history of the tied teams.
- 2. Compare their wins vs the seed right below them. If not resolved, compare with the seed immediately below the previous one until at least partially solved.
- 3. Repeat steps 1 and 2 until fully resolved or no more teams below them to compare.
- 4. Coin toss.