From Dota 2 Wiki
|Hero||Strategy||Counters||Equipment||Gear||Responses||Sounds||Lore||Old Abilities||Changelogs||Known Bugs|
- Timbersaw dishes out heavy burst damage which is great for taking down Terrorblade's illusions.
- Many stacks of high level Reactive Armor plus another armor item can make Terrorblade's attacks tickle.
- Zeus with Arc Lightning and Lightning Bolt can easily burst Terrorblade and his illusions.
- Static Field automatically hits everything in a big radius, taking a huge chunk of health out of Terrorblade's illusions, regardless how much health they have.
- Tinker is one of the best counter pushers in the game.
- An Aghanim's Scepter Laser allows Tinker to blind Terrorblade's illusions.
- Moon Glaives and Lunar Blessing help Luna to tear off Terrorblade's illusions.
- Luna's Eclipse can often quickly kill Terrorblade before he can save himself with Sunder, especially with Aghanim's Scepter.
- Plasma Field can destroy Terrorblade's illusions.
- Static Link along with armor item can make Terrorblade's attacks tickle, while Razor's attacks can hit like truck.
- Unstable Current can discourage Terrorblade to use Sunder, and also gives Razor high mobility, thus nullifying effects of Reflection.
- Eye of the Storm along with Aghanim's Scepter can quickly melt Terrorblade's armor, and due to his pathetic strength gain, he will be rendered worthless in teamfights.
- Sven is the most effective hero against Terroblade's illusions, his Great Cleave with God's Strength can easily kill the illusions and also Terrorblade.
- Outworld Devourer's Arcane Orb can destroy all of his illusions with ease and it deals pure damage against the real Terrorblade so his high armor is useless.
- Firestorm will clear Terrorblade's illusions.
- Pit of Malice can trap Terrorblade, as he has no escape mechanisms.
- Too many stacks of Atrophy Aura can make Terrorblade's attacks tickle.
- Terrorblade has nothing to intercept Underlord's team when he uses Dark Rift.
- Necrophos's Reaper's Scythe can often kill Terrorblade before he has time to save himself with Sunder.
- Ill-timed Sunder will always make Terrorblade vulnerable to Reaper's Scythe.
- All of Shadow Shaman's skills totally ruin Terrorblade: Ether Shock destroy his illusions, Hex prevents him to use Sunder, destroys his illusions, and/or Manta Style in bad situations, Shackles not only that prevents him to use Sunder, but he has no way to cancel it and Mass Serpent Ward can help Shadow Shaman push faster than Terrorblade, even in Metamorphosis.
- Terrorblade will be often killed by Lina's damage burst before he saves himself with Sunder.
- Dazzle will always use Shallow Grave to save ally on which Terrorblade has used Sunder.
- Heroes with burst AoE damage: Invoker, Keeper of the Light, Lina, Timbersaw, …
- Heroes that can destroy illusions instantly: Lion, Shadow Shaman, …
- Heroes that can dominate his illusions or create their own illusions of him: Dark Seer, Enchantress, Morphling, Shadow Demon, Winter Wyvern, …
- Heroes with abilities that scale with the amount of units they hit: Earthshaker, Ember Spirit, Legion Commander, …
- Linken's Sphere will prevent Sunder, and Terrorblade has no solutions to waste its cooldown.
- Orchid Malevolence will prevent Terrorblade from using his abilities; however, this can be removed with Manta Style.
- Scythe of Vyse will prevent Terrorblade from using his abilities, and hex cannot be removed Manta Style.
- Lotus Orb for negating Sunder's effect. (Terrorblade's health will be set to a minimum of 25% if he previously had less).
- Maelstrom and Mjollnir are very effective for destroying illusions.
- Satanic can quickly nullify effects of Sunder.
Good against...Chaos Knight
- Terrorbalde is a great counter to Chaos knight seeing as how Terrorblades Q can instantly wipe most of Chaos Knights Illusions
- Almost all of Viper's damage revolves exclusively around single-target damage-over-time effects. Furthermore, without any hard disables, Terrorblade can almost always get a Sunder off.
- Nethertoxin deals physical damage, and due to Terrorblade's naturally high armor and agility gain, Nethertoxin isn't as effective against Terrorblade.
- Viper is very slow moving and Corrosive Skin doesn't protect against physical damage, meaning that Terrorblade under Metamorphosis can quickly kill Viper.
- Techies mines can be destroyed by Terrorblade's spammable illusions.
- Terrorblade can push without the fear of dying from mines; he can uses just his illusions to push.
- The Reflection of Shadow Fiend cause Presence of the Dark Lord to affect Shadow Fiend, reducing his armor and making it easier for Terrorblade to kill him. Also, Shadow Fiend doesn't have lots of survivability or control skills in order to escape.
- Even if Shadow Fiend uses Requiem of Souls, Terrorblade can Sunder and kill him.
- Since Sunder calculates from a percentage of HP if Terrorblade is hooked by Pudge he can immediately Sunder Pudge and kill him. (Pudge can commit suicide).
- Reflection will reflect Mana Break back to him.
- Reflection will quickly wipe out the illusions from Anti-Mage's Manta Style.
- Sunder can save himself or his allies from Assassinate.
- A well farmed Terrorblade is stronger than Sniper.
- Even without a Black King Bar, reflection can send Geostrike back to each Meepo and Sunder can change a situation against Meepo very quickly.
- With a Black King Bar, Meepo's Poof is useless and Terrorblade's Metamorphosis will help him attack the weakest one.
- Any nuker without an active silence ability.
- Users of illusions ( Phantom Lancer, Naga Siren, Chaos Knight). Reflection will make a powerful illusion on each one of the enemy illusions. This often will kill the illusion. (also Phantom Lancer illusions will have a chance to create their own short-lived army which will copy Metamorphosis).
- Other heroes with high base damage ( Morphling, Tiny, Drow Ranger) or mana burns ( Anti-Mage and Diffusal Blade users like Juggernaut or Riki) will suffer from Reflections.
- Sunder is useful to prevent an allies's death from Venomancer, Witch Doctor, Sniper, Queen of Pain, Doom, Invoker, and Huskar.
- Heroes that rely on damage-over-time effects and rot damage ( Venomancer, Viper, etc.) generally do not have fast enough burst damage to be able to kill Terrorblade before he can get off a sunder.
Works well with...Oracle
- Fate's Edict offsets some of Terrorblade's weakness to magic damage.
- False Promise can keep Terrorblade alive, allowing him to cast Sunder.
- Both can initiate, just make sure that Alchemist won't die quickly after being sundered.
- Shallow Grave protects Terrorblade from death, giving him more time to use his Sunder.
- Conjure Image illusions deal 60% of Terrorblade's base damage at max level, but the illusions made by Shadow Demon's Disruption deal 75%. Having these extra illusions will provide your team with even more tower pushing power.
- Shadow Dance allows Terrorblade to Sunder Slark in order to save his life. If Slark is out of enemy vision he is quickly able to regenerate the lost life.
- His Sunder and Metamorphorsis help Legion Commander gains victory easier.
- Sunder and Reaper's Scythe cause instant kill, but make sure that Terrorblade doesn't die from Radiance or any poison enemies.
- Any hero that buys Heart of Tarrasque.
- Any pushers