Terrorblade, the Demon Marauder, is a melee agility hero who grows to a devastating carry in the later stages of the game. Terrorblade has the highest starting armor in the game, but is squishy due to his low health, meaning he needs strength items to be tanky enough to sustain damage to himself and his illusions. As with all illusion-based heroes, he needs attribute-based items in order to make his illusions powerful. He uses Reflection, which creates invulnerable illusions of all nearby enemy heroes for a few seconds. Conjure Image creates an illusion of Terrorblade that deals considerable damage at max level. Terrorblade can create up to two illusions, which together deal more damage than Terrorblade himself, effectively multiplying Terrorblade's base damage (but not his bonus damage). Metamorphosis transforms Terrorblade into a powerful ranged demon capable of wreaking havoc on his enemies with its bonus range and damage, but makes Terrorblade slower. Metamorphosis also makes illusions of Terrorblade transform into his demonic form, but they revert back once they wander too far away from Terrorblade. Finally his ultimate, Sunder, swaps his health with a targeted hero, ally or enemy alike. This ability makes ganks on him incredibly risky since he can sunder a hero before finishing them off with a few attacks. With his two illusion-based abilities, the 'semi-ultimate' Metamorphosis and his ultimate, Sunder, Terrorblade's skill set makes him a strong foe in the early game and absolutely terrifying at the later stages of the game. He is usually played as a hard carry.
- Upon cast, slows all enemy visible heroes (including clones, excluding illusions and creep-heroes) within range and creates illusions of them.
- Reflection illusions are invulnerable, untargetable, and uncontrollable.
- Reflection illusions have 550 movement speed and free pathing. They also provide vision equal to the vision range of their target.
- The illusions spawn 108 range away from their targets if the hero has a collision size of 24, and 72 if the collision size is 8. They appear either north, east, south or west from their targets.
- The illusions attempt to attack their targets. If they cannot be attacked, they follow the targets close enough until they can be attacked again.
- The illusions do not lose track when their targets turn invisible, hidden or move in the Fog of War. However, they do need vision to attack.
- The illusions are completely immune to every spell, even those which affect invulnerable units.
- Just like other illusions, Reflection illusions bestow auras and can make use of other passive abilities which work for illusions.
- The slow debuffs and the illusions are bound to each other. Dispelling the slow removes the all Reflection illusions of that unit as well.
- The slow of multiple casts does not stack, but each cast creates an illusion for each enemy hero within range.
- Although the slow duration gets refreshed, each created illusion has its separate duration, meaning new casts do not refresh the duration of previous illusions.
- Has a cast backswing of 1.66 during .
- The created illusions are visually distinguishable from the real Terrorblade for the enemies.
- The illusion spawns 108 range away from Terrorblade. It appears either north, east, south or west from him.
- Considering the default cooldown and cast time, it is possible to have 3 illusions up at a time.
- Has a cast backswing of 0.7 during .
- During the transformation, Terrorblade cannot do anything. Cannot be interrupted. This applies to transforming illusions as well.
- The bonus damage is added to Terrorblade's and his illusions' base attack damage.
- Increases Terrorblade's base attack damage to 68‒74/88‒94/108‒114/128‒134, attack range to 550 ( 850) and reduces movement speed to 285.
- It also gives him ranged unit properties, so all items with ranged and melee differences (e.g. ) use their ranged values.
- Terrorblade's attack projectiles travel at a speed of 900.
- The aura only affects illusions under Terrorblade's control, except for the illusions from .
- The transformation aura's buff lingers for 1 second.
- While transformed, Terrorblade does not leave footprints behind.
- Metamorphosis is fully canceled on death.
- The wave is released 0.6 seconds after cast, starting at the original cast location.
- The cast sound is global and audible to the enemy through the fog of war.
- The wave travels outwards at a speed of 1000, taking 1.6 seconds to reach max radius.
- The wave is a thin ring expanding outwards. This means it can be avoided by teleporting towards Terrorblade over the ring.
- Despite the tooltip, the fear affects any unit, not just heroes.
- Sunder can be cast on both enemy and allied heroes as well as illusions.
- Terrorblade and his target always end up with at least 35%/30%/25% of their maximum health.
- For example, if both parties have 5% health before Sunder, then they both end up at 35%/30%/25% thereafter.
- Sunder directly manipulates Terrorblade's and his target's health, so it fully ignores on-damage effects (e.g. , , and ).
- Has a cast backswing of 0.8 during .
|-10sCooldown||20||+10 All Stats|
|+30 Attack Speed||15||+300 Health|
|20% Evasion||10||+25 Movement Speed|
- The evasion talent stacks multiplicatively with other sources of evasion.
- The health talent increases maximum health capacity, and keeps the current health percentage.
- Lua error in Module:Ability_ID at line 44: Could not find Cargo data for "Terror Wave". is now a standalone ability:
- Lua error in Module:Ability_ID at line 44: Could not find Cargo data for "Terror Wave".
- Only available when using .
- Radius: 1600
- Fear duration: 3.75
- Mana cost: 75
- Cooldown: 90
- Level 10 right talent: Increased from +20 Movement Speed to +25.
- Level 10 left talent: Increased from +15% Evasion to +20%.
- Level 15 right talent: Increased from +250 Health to +300.
- Level 15 left talent: Increased from +25 Attack Speed to +30.
- Level 20 left talent: Increased from -8s Cooldown to -10s.
- is now an area targeted ability with 700 cast range and 475 radius, instead of non-targetd with a 900 radius.
- Reduced damage taken from 360% to 320%.
- provides health regeneration during the laning phase.
- also restores health to Terrorblade in the early game.
- helps Terrorblade last hit and deny easier.
- gives attributes that increase health and damage; you can use it with Tango to get more heal.
- provide movement speed boost.
- gives attributes and charges to restore Terrorblade's HP and mana.
- provide attack speed and attributes, benefiting his illusions.
- greatly increases attack range in Metamorphosis, helping Terrorblade and his illusions to hit towers from a safer distance. He can either upgrade the item into , or dismantle it to build Black King Bar and Yasha.
- allows you to have even more illusions. Terrorblade can get stronger illusions and a shorter cooldown if he uses the item while in melee form, and then cast Metamorphosis to convert all to ranged illusions.
- gives a large amount of attributes which help bulk up his illusions, and its attack and movement speed slow works nicely with Metamorphosis, bringing enemy heroes to a halt.
- prevents Terrorblade from being stunned or silenced when his health is low enough to warrant using Sunder.
- provides agility for damage and evasion for defense, which all benefit illusions.
- helps with grabbing last hits.
- offers agility and Manabreak which increase damage on Terrorblade and illusions; the active can slow enemy targets so they cannot easily retaliate.
- , upgraded from Dragon Lance, grants attributes and attack range, as well as a way to position Terrorblade and pop enemy Linken's Sphere.
- provides attributes for Terrorblade and his illusions.
- can be purchased early to help Terrorblade with split pushing and farming.
- gives attributes, regeneration, and Spellblock to protect Terrorblade against most targeted abilities, increasing the success chance of Sunder.
- gives you massive health bonus, which is well needed as Terrorblade's strength growth is one of the lowest in the entire game, as well as powerful health regeneration.
- provides a lot of damage and the Radiance aura can accelerate Terrorblade's farm and increase his ability to push. Illusions also carry a weaker aura, and the aura does not stack from multiple sources.
|Roles:||Carry Pusher Nuker|
|Playstyle:||The fractal walls of Foulfell not only failed to contain Terrorblade, they granted him newfound control over its twisted Reflections. The Demon Marauder Conjures Images of himself, confounding enemies and multiplying his damage. Feeding on his own rage, Terrorblade transforms into an even more imposing form; an unholy Metamorphosis that allows him to hurl demonic energies at range. Experienced foes know that an injured demon is far from defeated. At the brink of death, Terrorblade tips the scales with Sunder, eliminating any need for retreat as he exchanges his depleted health with that of his opponent's.|
- In DotA, Terrorblade and were brothers. This was to be kept in Dota 2 based on certain responses Anti-Mage made in Terrorblade's presence, but upon Terrorblade's release, these relations were severed and thus the lines went unused.
- Terrorblade's title in DotA was Soul Keeper. Unlike other name changes, this one does not appear to be related to copyright issues with Blizzard. A possible reason could be that the title "Soul Keeper" doesn't fit him anymore, since only one ability could be associated with souls.
- In-game, Terrorblade constantly leaves flaming footprints wherever he goes, similar to his DotA hero model, Illidan Stormrage (a prominent Warcraft character). These can be seen by enemies, but stop being rendered once he's out of their vision, meaning that one cannot track down an enemy Terrorblade that goes invisible or enters the Fog of War on the basis of his footprints.
- Terrorblades response when dying ▶️ "I go where angels fear to tread." is a reference to the line "Fools rush in where angels fear to tread" from Alexander Pope's poem An Essay on Criticism. also has a response that references this poem.