Does it have translate switching?
- No, so far it doesn't. It's at the same functionality level as the SkillTableLite template. I have no clue how translate switching could be implemented tbh. Molldust (talk) 16:53, 19 December 2015 (UTC)
- I checked the topic out a bit and it's fairly easy to use Category:Pre-translated_templates. This isn't translation switching per se, but string translation. The overhead might be MASSIVE when used on SkillListLite and SkillListRich, so I'm a bit hesitant to implement.
- A less risky approach would be to implement forcesource and forcename parameters, that can be translated ahead of time. A good script should be able to get the translations based on the pre-translated templates and reduce the effort drastically. The traits and notes need manual translation in every case. Molldust (talk) 09:35, 26 December 2015 (UTC)
Damage manipulation#Preventing on-damage effects
ultimate/ags/item/npc vs Type
Looking at this template, for background colors, would it not be more sensible to have created the |ultimate, |aghanims, |item, and |npc parameters as a single |type parameter? (Yes I know it would be a large amount of work to change everything, but I feel like a single parameter would make a lot more sense.) (Also, one way or another, the #ifeq chain could all be replaced by a single #switch statement.) PaladinAHOne (talk) 23:00, 18 January 2016 (UTC)
- This is one of the things I forgot to mention as this template was created. Template:Ability uses a single parameter. Yes, it obviously would be better. A bot could be used to adapt all the pages to the change. Should be done for Template:SkillListRich as well. ~~ Bu3ny (talk) 12:44, 20 January 2016 (UTC)
- I wrote a test version with a single parameter in a sandbox page. The test version actually built slightly faster as well (~10% loading speed improvement in all cases)... however, given that both of them load at a rate of approximately 120 calls per second, that doesn't actually make much of an improvement.
- Still, from a standpoint of 'ease of writing', it would probably be better. I could rig up a bot myself to do it over the course of a day, but I would need authorization to do that or it would spam the hell out of RC (and it would leave all uses of the templates broken for an hour or two). PaladinAHOne (talk) 12:56, 20 January 2016 (UTC)
Automated coloration doesn't respect Ag's-specific components
I know Type got removed because the coloration is handled automatically, but there are cases (example: Attack Damage#Instant attacks) where the relevant effect is only present as an Ag's upgrade of an existing ability, but is not itself a new ability. (For example, Gyrocopter Side Gunner only exists with an Ag's, but isn't actually a new spell.) Unfortunately I'm not sure what a good fix would be (other than a manual override parameter).
As a related point, it might also be useful to add a Talent marker to the template, for noting that "this ability only goes in this column because there's a Talent that makes it relevant" PaladinAHOne (talk) 09:22, 4 January 2017 (UTC)