Town Portal Scroll
From Dota 2 Wiki
(Redirected from Teleport scroll)
| Town Portal Scroll|
|What a hero truly needs.|
- Heroes start with a free, unsellable Town Portal Scroll. The item starts on a 100 seconds cooldown at the beginning of the game.
- Stacks with itself in the inventory, there is no stack limit. The sell value adapts based on the number of instances in a stack.
- Town Portal Scroll is completely shareable.
- Double clicking the item while being at least 1500 range away from the team's fountain, automatically targets the fountain's location.
- If multiple heroes teleport to the same location within the check duration, the channeling time increases for each successive hero.
- The first channel takes 3 seconds, the second 5 seconds, and all following channels take 0.5 seconds longer than the previous one.
- Only teleports within 1150 radius of towers are counted. Teleports outside of tower range do not increase the channel time.
- Only teleports from other Town Portal Scrolls are counted. Other sources of teleport (e.g. Boots of Travel) are ignored.
- The teleports do not have to succeed. A canceled teleport still counts and increases following teleport's channeling time.
- When targeting far away from buildings, it teleports to the closest building, 575 range away from it.
- Has a max distance of 250 when targeting the shrines outside of the base.
- During the channeling, the teleport destination is marked with a visual effect in the same color as the player and a sound is played.
- Both are visible and audible to everyone. The visual effect is also visible on teleporting invisible enemies.
- Also marks the point on the minimap for allies. The mark is in the player's color and lasts as long as the channeling does.
- Provides 200 range flying vision at the destination point for the whole channel duration, even if cancelled. The vision lingers for 1 second.
- The teleport is not cancelled when the target building is destroyed during the channeling.
- Shares cooldown with Boots of Travel.
- Town Portal Scrolls are arguably the most important mobility items in the game and should be carried by every hero. They can easily prevent deaths or make kills possible when used correctly.
- When getting ganked, the teleport can be used to escape. However, one has to make sure first that the enemy cannot interrupt the teleport, by either waiting until they use their disables first, or by hiding/obstructing vision in case of single-target disables and teleport while they have no vision.
- Inversely, they can also be used to teleport to help an ally who is getting ganked. The incoming teleport may cause enemies to retreat and give up chasing the ally and thus not get a kill, or they still go for it and risk losing some of their heroes in return. It is well worth to cancel the teleport if the enemy decides to give up chasing, costing the player 50 gold, but preventing the enemy from gaining gold and the ally from losing gold and time.
- Their very cheap cost makes it very easy to buy them frequently, which is fully worth it, even in the very late game. One should only stop carrying teleport scrolls when having Boots of Travel, or when feeling safe enough and having other sources of high mobility.
- As a carry, Town Portal Scrolls can be used to speed up farming, by teleporting from lane to lane after clearing the waves through to the enemy's next tower. Instead of having to walk to another place to farm, the teleport can be used to instantly get to the next farm location and keep on farming.
- In the lategame, teleport scrolls are crucial to fight against split-pushing enemies. When being far away from a tower which is getting pushed, a teleport is the only way to get there fast and defend the tower. This also goes for base-racing. When the enemy team is faster, teleporting back to base to defend can be the game-winning move.
- In the original DotA, this item was called "Scroll of Town Portal".