- 's ghosts will automatically clear all Proximity Mines revealed when Death Prophet walks near them, provided that the ghosts do not have a specific target at that time.
- can scout Techies as they are placing mines.
- can clear Proximity Mines.
- The stun of will usually be enough to deal with the squishy Techies before they can try to suicide with Blast Off!.
- With an Night Stalker gains unobstructed vision during night-time allowing him to easily detect mines if he has a , but Night Stalker is a melee hero so he has to use to safely defuse Remote Mines and Stasis Trap.
- is effective in stopping Techies from using Blast Off! and is effective in stopping them from running to safety of their mines.
- can scout Techies as they are placing mines. They even trigger Stasis Trap.
- As long is Batrider under effects of , he can safely fly over mines.
- automatic activation will help Abaddon survive a massive Remote Mines explosion; however, the damage from a single one will kill him if his HP is low enough.
- Thanks to Anti-Mage can fight Techies head on and trip multiple mines once the late game hits.
- Juggernaut can attack Remote Mines and trigger Proximity Mines while in .
- Lifestealer's lets him clear Remote Mines and Proximity Mines with proper vision.
- root. gives 100% magic resistance, which prevents most of Techies' damage and his dispels Stasis Trap
- can be very useful in safely navigating potentially mined choke points and rune spawns.
- Due to and his general tankiness he can live through at least one major Remote Mines stack or Blast Off!.
- Special mention for a bug with his . If enemies get killed from your mines under the effect of "Wraith Delay", they get denied instead of counting the kill for you.
- Due to the fact that gives True Sight, Zeus is able to reveal where Techies' remote mines are. He can also cancel Blast Off! due to the mini-stun on the Lightning Bolt.
- creeps can be used to clear mines.
- If Chen has an magic resistance is extremely high. he can send his Ancient creeps to defuse visible Remote Mines with little risk of giving up their bounties because their
- Due to their high magic resistance are siege creeps the best possible creep to persuade for scouting and killing mines.
- 's Timewalk allows him to backtrack any damage taken from Techies' mines. Also, he can kill Techies easily with his and , preventing them from suicide.
- In general, heroes such as , , , , and others with reliable disables are crucial to killing Techies before they can suicide.
- Heroes with summons like , , , , , ;or illusions, like , , are effective at keeping the choke points and rune spawns safe from Proximity mines in the early game.
- Techies struggles early game against heroes with naturally large strength and health regeneration such as , or , as the player is forced to lay down more mines than usual to kill these bulkier heroes.
- Ranged heroes as a whole deserve a mention since they can remove mines with basic attacks from a safe distance.
- Heroes that can tank damage like can return the damage to Techies if he has a and , rendering the Techies will receive a massive return damage due to Bradwarden's tankiness.
- Heroes with vision such as: , , , can scout your mines from miles away
- can help early against some mines.
- s and are key to winning against Techies.
- is also very useful due to providing True Sight and push potential.
- s are important for catching Techies due to them rarely appearing on lane.
- is useful in safely pushing a high-ground against a Remote Mine/Stasis Trap defense, provided they are visible.
- / or are useful in taking Techies down before they can suicide.
- not only provides a character with more bulk against Techies' mines, but the passive regeneration can easily allow that hero to reenter another mine pit in less time than Techies can create another pit.
- , and significantly reduce the damage caused by Techies' abilities.
- dominate creeps and send them to defuse bombs or use them as living wards. can
- can be used to prevent damage from proximity mines and remote mines.
- Ember Spirit relies on his to keep a steady push and then retreat to a safe distance. Keeping two or three patches of Remote Mines on a lane will severely impair him from pushing that lane without risking his life.
- Due to the nature of and the playstyle of splitting up multiple Meepos across the map, Techies can limit Meepo's movement with mines forcing the Meepo player to either keep all Meepos together or be extra careful when moving each individual Meepo because clones cannot carry any True Sight providing item.
- However, if a mine blast isn't enough to kill a Meepo, he can to safety of another Meepo.
- Techies can turn his tree jumping ability against him, by placing Proximity/Stasis traps that will detect him near trees, and then destroying the trees around him with Bast Off!, stunning him and dealing high damage, on top of him being silenced when he comes out of his stun.
- Morphling usually has low max health due to shifting strength into agility, making him an easy target to blow up.
- Phantom Assassin has low HP and mediocre strength growth and most of Techies's spells have a large magical damage output, which will kill Phantom Assassin.
- A common playstyle among Tinkers is to teleport to a lane creep using and immediately blink into the trees to cast . If Techies can predict where said Tinker would blink after teleporting, he could place strategic Proximity Mines or even Remote Mines in those places.
- Techies is very good against roaming supports and gankers such as , , , , , etc. that are constantly moving around the map.
- He is also good against squishy heroes in general.
- Heroes below are special mentions which do not fall in the above categories.
Works well with...
- can pull enemy heroes onto mines.
- Since placing mines costs a lot of mana, having is very helpful.
- Dark Seer can a number of enemies onto mines or bring them together for a Blast Off!
- Magnus can a number of enemies onto mines.
- is good for setting up a deadly Blast Off!
- can pull an enemy onto mines.
- Putting Techies in a is good for setting up a Mine on top of a stunned enemy.
- Tiny can an enemy onto a unit standing on mines (but not onto a mine itself).
- Can an enemy into mines.
- Techies works well with any team with a high late-game potential as Techies can guarantee the game will last long enough for his team to farm. Techies will help your towers survive longer thus your carries can farm safer and for a longer time.