- 's automatic activation will help Abaddon survive a massive Remote Mines explosion; however, the damage from a single one can kill him if his HP is low enough.
- Thanks to Anti-Mage can fight Techies head on and trip multiple mines once the late game hits.
- As long as Batrider is under the effects of , he can safely fly over mines.
- also punishes low mobility heroes that like to kite, such as Techies, by lowering their turn rate dramatically. This can also potentially delay Techies' Blast Off! if Techies tries to cast Blast Off! in a direction he's not currently facing.
- can scout Techies as they are placing mines.
- can clear Proximity Mines.
- The stun of will usually be enough to deal with the squishy Techies before they can try to suicide with Blast Off!.
- creeps can be used to clear mines.
- If Chen has an magic resistance is extremely high. he can send his Ancient creeps to defuse visible Remote Mines with little risk of giving up their bounties because their
- Due to their high magic resistance, siege creeps are the best possible creep to persuade for scouting and killing mines.
- 's ghosts will automatically clear all Proximity Mines revealed when Death Prophet walks near them, provided that the ghosts do not have a specific target at that time.
- Juggernaut can attack Remote Mines and trigger Proximity Mines while in .
- Lifestealer's lets him clear Remote Mines and Proximity Mines with proper vision.
- With Night Stalker gains unobstructed vision during night-time allowing him to easily detect mines if he has a , but Night Stalker is a melee hero so he has to use to safely defuse Remote Mines and Stasis Trap.
- also allows Night Stalker to fly over Proximity Mines without triggering them.
- is effective in stopping Techies from using Blast Off! and is effective in stopping them from running to the safety of their mines.
- root. gives 100% magic resistance, which prevents most of Techies' damage and his dispels Stasis Trap
- can be very useful in safely navigating potentially mined choke points and rune spawns.
- can scout Techies as they are placing mines. They even trigger Stasis Trap.
- Due to and his general tankiness he can live through at least one major Remote Mines stack or Blast Off!.
- Special mention for a bug with his . If enemies get killed from your mines under the effect of "Wraith Delay", they get denied instead of crediting the kill to you.
- Due to the fact that gives True Sight, Zeus is able to reveal where Techies' remote mines are. He can also cancel Blast Off! due to the mini-stun on the Lightning Bolt.
- 's Timewalk allows him to backtrack any damage taken from Techies' mines. Also, he can kill Techies easily with his and , preventing them from suicide. also reveals Remote Mines and Stasis Traps in its radius.
- In general, heroes such as , , , , and others with reliable disables are crucial to killing Techies before they can suicide.
- Heroes with summons like , , , , , ;or illusions, like , , are effective at keeping the choke points and rune spawns safe from Proximity mines in the early game.
- Techies struggles early game against heroes with naturally large strength and health regeneration such as , or , as the player is forced to lay down more mines than usual to kill these bulkier heroes.
- Ranged heroes as a whole deserve a mention since they can remove mines with basic attacks from a safe distance.
- Heroes with flying vision such as , , , or can scout your mines from outside their trigger radius.
- can help early against some mines.
- s and are key to winning against Techies.
- is also very useful due to providing True Sight and push potential.
- s are important for catching Techies due to them rarely appearing on lane.
- is useful in safely pushing a high-ground against a Remote Mine/Stasis Trap defense, provided they are visible.
- / or are useful in taking Techies down before they can suicide.
- not only provides a character with more bulk against Techies' mines, but the passive regeneration can easily allow that hero to reenter another mine pit in less time than Techies can create another pit.
- , and significantly reduce the damage caused by Techies' abilities.
- dominate creeps and send them to defuse bombs or use them as living wards. can
- can be used to prevent damage from proximity mines and remote mines.
- Ember Spirit relies on his to keep a steady push and then retreat to a safe distance. Keeping two or three patches of Remote Mines on a lane will severely impair him from pushing that lane without risking his life.
- Due to the nature of and the playstyle of splitting up multiple Meepos across the map, Techies can limit Meepo's movement with mines forcing the Meepo player to either keep all Meepos together or be extra careful when moving each individual Meepo because clones cannot carry any True Sight-providing item.
- However, if a mine blast isn't enough to kill a Meepo, he can to safety of another Meepo.
- Techies can turn his tree jumping ability against him, by placing Proximity Mines/Stasis Traps that will detect him near trees, and then destroying the trees around him with Blast Off!, stunning him and dealing high damage, on top of him being silenced when the stun expires.
- Monkey King's mobility is also severely limited around Techies' mines as he will almost always trigger them due to the cooldown time between tree jumps. Monkey King will be forced to take mine damage or escape with .
- Morphling usually has low max health due to shifting strength into agility, making him an easy target to blow up.
- A common playstyle among Tinkers is to teleport to a lane creep using and immediately blink into the trees to cast . If Techies can predict where said Tinker would blink after teleporting, he could place strategic Proximity Mines or even Remote Mines in those places. Stasis Traps also prevent Tinker from blinking or teleporting away.
- Techies is very good against roaming supports and gankers such as , , , , , etc. that are constantly moving around the map.
- He is also good against squishy heroes in general.
- Heroes below are special mentions which do not fall in the above categories.
Works well with...
- can pull enemy heroes onto mines.
- 's turn-rate debuff allows Techies' mines and traps to trigger easily as they try to destroy them.
- Since placing mines costs a lot of mana, having or her Manacost Reduction talent is very helpful.
- Magnus can a number of enemies onto mines.
- is good for setting up a deadly Blast Off!
- Putting Techies in a is good for setting up a Mine on top of a stunned enemy.
- Heroes with abilities that provide forced movement, such as , , , , , can displace enemies on to mines.
- Techies works well with any team with a high late-game potential as Techies can guarantee the game will last long enough for his team to farm. Techies will help your towers survive longer thus your carries can farm safer and for a longer time.