As part of the Unified Community Platform project, your wiki will be migrated to the new platform in the next few weeks. Read more here.
A Team is an in-game function to form designated groups. Unlike parties, teams have a fixed identity and do not disappear when its members log off.
Dota 2 offers support and features for making teams.
- Team logo (used on in-game banners and base emblem)
- Team tag/abbreviation
- Country flag
- Team URL
- Sponsors logos
- Teams can only participate in Ranked matchmaking
- Teams use a separate Matchmaking Rating
- Teams with players in low priority will be unable to queue for matchmaking
- Teams will only be matched against other ranked parties of five
- The system will prioritize matching against other parties using a team identity
- If no parties with a team identity is found, it will match against parties of five without team identities
- Disbanding a team is permanent and cannot be reversed.
- A disbanded team cannot be recreated with the same name.
- A team's roster must be empty for it to be disbanded.