From Dota 2 Wiki
|Forage to survive on the battlefield.|
- Stacks with itself in inventory, there is no stack limit. The sell-back price adapts based on the number of Tangos in a stack.
- A set of Tangos is not shareable. However, it is possible to give allies a by casting it on them.
- The sell value of the item is based on the number of charges remaining. A single instance has a sell value of 15 gold.
- When cast on trees, enemy s and s, it destroys the target and heals the user.
- When targeting wards or trees placed by , the heal duration is doubled.
- Restores health in the form of health regeneration, so it heals for 0.71875 health in 0.1 second intervals, which is 7.1875 health per second.
- Each charge can heal a total of 115 (230 when used on wards) health over its full duration.
- One set of Tangos can heal for up to 345 (690) health.
- Successive uses with the same unit do not stack, but refresh the duration instead.
- Cannot be cast on any other ward than enemy Observer and Sentry Wards.
- The targeted tree or ward is instantly destroyed upon cast.
- When targeting an allied hero, it creates a in the targeted ally's inventory, instead of healing the user.
- Tangos are a very effective source of combat heal in the early-game, as they do not dispel upon taking damage. When an engagement seems even or against you, using a Tango can tilt the balance in your favor.
- Although one Tango charge heals way less and slower than a , one set of Tangos provides in about the same HP/gold value. Also, the fact that it is not dispelled by damage and its side effect of destroying trees makes it more versatile than Healing Salves. So if no quick and strong healing is required, Tangos are usually more valuable.
- They can also be cast on with doubled healing effects, making them very useful for dewarding.
- Since using Tangos on a tree destroys the tree, it can be used to create alternate pathways between some trees, making it easier to escape or chase enemies. Sometimes it is fully worth it to use a Tango just for this purpose.
- Unlike other restoring consumables, it is possible to give allies one charge of the Tangos stack. This allows players to grant another lane healing without having to be there. Giving the mid-laner 1 or 2 charges can be a deciding factor for doing well in the lane.
- In the original DotA, Tango's full name was "Ancient Tango of Essifation".
- Tango's active ability was called "Eat a Tree or Ward" before July 19, 2017 Patch.