Are responses real or it's just a joke?
- I could not find his voice entries in the game files. But I think Cyborgmatt had posted them once. So as long as he wasn't joking, they are legit. Bu3ny (talk) 15:03, 4 January 2015 (UTC)
Bar the bare-bones suggested items section this entry pretty much has everything in it that all of the other articles on the other heroes has. I think that it's safe to no longer call this a stub. Sanhard (talk) 11:42, 22 February 2015 (UTC)
- I added a lot to the recommended items, so that is no longer a problem.
Winter's Curse Aura
Can someone help me adding the fact that Winter's Curse is provided by an aura to its notes? This would make it clearer and a lot of notes could be cut/shortened and summarized in the process. --Psion1C (talk) 04:37, 17 November 2016 (UTC)
Regarding the aura's debuff linger duration, shouldn't it work like Enigma's Black Hole or Disruptor's Static Storm? The way I understand it, is that the linger duration only comes into effect after the aura itself expires, and in this case, the aura has a duration of 3.25/4/4.75 seconds, or until the target dies, whichever is shorter. After that, there is no lingering. Can you explain me, why it doesn't work like this? --Psion1C (talk) 21:50, 21 November 2016 (UTC)
- Black Hole and Static Storm are just regular auras with a 0.5 second linger duration, so if you manage to get out of them, you will still be affected by them for up to 0.5 seconds. For example, if an allied Chen teleports you to your fountain while inside Black Hole, you still are disabled, and get pulled towards the hole center for 0.5 seconds, even though you are now at your fountain. However, Black Hole's effect immediately ends when the Black Hole is gone, so it effectively lingers for either 0.5 seconds or for the remaining duration, whichever is shorter. Static Storm always lingers for 0.5 seconds, no matter what.
- Winter's Curse, on the other Hand, does not linger like this. If you would get teleported by Chen while taunted by Winter's Curse, you still will be taunted for its remaining duration, so your hero will move towards the cursed ally to attack it. The taunt only stops when the curse on the ally does (or when either you or the cursed ally die). So it effectively lingers for the curse's duration. But we cannot know how it was coded. All we know is that it's aura based (the taunt used to not stick during the test client phase, so you were able to free allies with e.g. force staff, and we know that Valve does not like changing things too much during that phase, because it takes too much time). ~~ Bu3ny (talk) 23:13, 21 November 2016 (UTC)
First of all, thx for the clarification, it helped me a lot to understand this better. (: Just a few more points:
- 1. The thing you said about Static Storm describes the way it used to work, but it got changed and now stops lingering once its duration is over, right?
- 2. Is it possible to test whether Winter's Curse doesn't simply apply a debuff like Axe's Berserker's Call to units in the AoE, which lasts for the Winter's Curse duration, or gets removed when the debuff carrier dies (as with nearly all debuffs), or gets removed when the Winter's Curse target dies, whichever is shorter (similar to how Berserker's Call gets removed when Axe dies)?
--Psion1C (talk) 01:12, 22 November 2016 (UTC)
- If the curse would work like call, then enemies entering the area after cast would be taunted for the full duration. Also, the status debuff of the taunt does not visually expire, so it does not use a timed debuff, and therefore is most likely an aura. And yes, I forgot that Static Storm's lingering was fixed to end together with the spell. Smoke Screen and Naga's song weren't though. ~~ Bu3ny (talk) 01:58, 22 November 2016 (UTC)