New Windrunner Sets
Can anyone add the new Windrunner set released in Julu 26th, 2013?
- Sure, I'm working on it. --ERmachdp (talk) 15:02, 4 August 2013 (UTC)
- Thanks, much appreciated! I tried to do it myself, but I got confused xD.
Another New Windrunner Set
It seems that new item for Windrunner added on November 14th, 2013 patch isn't included in the item list. It's called Windweave Headband. Can anyone please add it?
- Already did. Windweave Headband. The templates are just messed up and don't show everything :< ~ Lemoncream (talk) 22:11, 22 November 2013 (UTC)
Powershot Cast Time
The ability section says Powershot does full damage after .7 sec, while the tips section says it does full damage at 60% (.6 sec). Does anyone know for sure which one it is? Verumae (talk) 22:35, 11 September 2013 (UTC)
- I believe the Powershot notes section is wrong, currently it says it will do full damage if cancelled after .8 sec of channel or 80%. This should be changed to .7 sec of channel or 70%. This is due to the cast point counting towards the channeling time for powershot. .3 sec cast point + 1 sec of channel = 1.3 full sec of channel, but damage is capped at 1 sec. I did some testing ingame and this seems to be correct. Can anyone else verify this?
- --LoudMetal (talk) 20:59, 3 June 2014 (UTC)
Tooltip on Wiki currently states the skill name is Windrange. Whilst Valve did change the name of the character, the skill name is still Windrun.
The notes say that Shackleshot will prioritize enemy heroes for the latch. The only thread I found on the dev forums was this: http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?t=40574
Quote by a mod: No, it was just units over trees. Units that would make the smallest angle between the primary and secondary target are selected, it doesn't matter if its a hero or creep.
This would be in line with my personal experience where Shackleshot prioritizes Units over Trees but doesn't distinguish between creeps and heros.
Missing cosmetic items
Some cosmetic items (Featherfall Cloak, Shoulderpads of the Falcon, possibly more) are missing from Windranger's equipment template. I don't know how to fix this. Can anybody assist?
-Edit: Zaru'Kina Protector's Cape, Featherfall Quiver, Zaru'Kina Protector's Bow, still possibly more --188.8.131.52 09:11, 6 June 2014 (UTC)
- Here is a link to the template Template:Equipment_Windranger. I've never edited a hero template, but I assume it's not too difficult. Just copy one of the other item's code and replace the values with the ones you want. I'm not sure which other sets are missing, but I'll add the two you listed.
- --PimpadelicX (talk) 09:19, 6 June 2014 (UTC)
- I see you're fixing it, as it looks to be a Windrunner/Windranger issue on the item pages themselves. I just verified the template and it seems to be working now.
- --PimpadelicX (talk) 09:21, 6 June 2014 (UTC)
- I did indeed change some Windrunner/Windranger stuff, but it didn't seem to do anything; the template still looks the same to me, even after clearing my browser cache. But if you say it's fixed, maybe it'll update for me eventually. --184.108.40.206 09:34, 6 June 2014 (UTC)
What's your policy on suggested items? Because I think some powerful items on Windranger are blink dagger and Mjollnir. The first gives you a superior mobility in comparison to force staff (and a decent escape in conjunction with windrun), the latter gives you a much needed attack speed increase and has very high chance to proc while using your ulti. --220.127.116.11 12:21, 23 June 2014 (UTC)
- The general policy behind adding non-Valve recommended items is to mention them in the "Tips" section. The tips section is far more opinionated than the "Recommended Items" section.
- --PimpadelicX (talk) 16:46, 23 June 2014 (UTC)
http://dota2.gamepedia.com/index.php?title=Windranger&diff=698888&oldid=698883 Correct, while testing I made an inaccurate observation, the other fix about enemy targeting was correct however. Side note, while testing I found that maelstrom does more damage than diffusal 2, when used against a hero with 8 armor and 25% magic resistance.
- Focus Fire only reduces your attack damage. Maelstrom lightnings are dealt as separate damage, not added to your attack damage, so they are unreduced. Diffusal dmg is directly added to attack damage, so it is reduced. Same for mbk. Bu3ny (talk) 00:53, 9 January 2015 (UTC)
Doing some tests, that's incorrect unless I misunderstood the sentence's meaning: you can cast it on Ancient Black Dragons, Roshan, Warlock's Golem, Storm and Fire pandas, but not on other ancient creeps or the earth panda since they are magic immune. On all these units that you can cast it on, shackleshot can latch only if these units are the primary target, meaning that it can latch if there is a tree/creep/enemy hero behind them. Shackleshot cannot latch on these units if they are the secondary target. --18.104.22.168 20:15, 5 April 2015 (UTC)
- You misunderstood it. "Can be cast on" = ancient creeps, roshan, warlock golem storm from primal split spirit can be targeted. "but cannot latch on" = they are not valid secondary targets. Shackleshot cannot latch units to them. I reworded it slightly. Bu3ny (talk) 21:24, 5 April 2015 (UTC)
- Thanks for clarifying, however it still cannot cast on the earth panda and all ancients creeps but the ancient black dragons. --22.214.171.124 22:13, 5 April 2015 (UTC)
Suggesting correction for patch 7.00
I thought that it might not be caught the first time around, but if you look in the 7.00 patch notes, apparently Windrun is now dispellable.
- We've barely begun making 7.00 changes, please help us by actually changing it instead of commenting on future edits, thanks - Lemoncake(talk) 04:06, 12 December 2016 (UTC)
The article says that the Powershot damage increases for every 0.01s of channelling, but testing it in the hero demo made me think that there are only 30 different damage values possible, which means it is updated every 0.03333s. — The preceding unsigned comment was added by 126.96.36.199 (talk) • (contribs) • Please sign your posts with ~~~~