- 1 Invisibility
- 2 Venomancer's night vision
- 3 Phantom Spots
- 4 Flying vision
- 5 Ember Spirits Ultimate
- 6 New Abilities Added for Flying Vision
- 7 Something to add
- 8 Barathrum / Spirit Breaker charge vision
- 9 Shared Vision - Sniper - Assassinate
- 10 Update the list of abilities that provide vision
- 11 Arc Warden
- 12 Spell Vision
Does anyone have any issue with me making a separate page for Invisibility and True Sight? If not, I'll probably get to it in a day or two.— The preceding unsigned comment was added by Stupid Lemon Eater (talk) • (contribs)
- Doesn't seem necessary to me, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt if you think it's the right thing do do. :-) --Kroocsiogsi 02:58, 27 June 2012 (UTC)
Venomancer's night vision
- I do not believe that's the case. Venomancer has 1800/800 just like most heroes. --PimpadelicX 12:58, 01 May 2014 (UTC)
Will continue to work on this section later, including ordering. Opinions on whether or not it is worth listing vision given by projectiles, or just things such as sprout/static remnant?
- I don't know where to write it so I will leave it here.
- Pudge's Heathook doesn't give vision "on projectile". It gives vision only if hook hits the target and the vision is granted only for the area where hook latched the target. Vision is granted for 4 seconds.
- Ember spirit's remnants 400 vision is not flying, it's common/usual (call it as you want). The flying vision is about 150.
- Morphling's Waveform doesn't seem to give any vision at all.
- Vengeful Spirit: would be nice to add that vision is granted for 3 seconds.
- Venomancer's Venomous Gale flying vision is about 150, not 400.
- September 09, 2011 Patch "Waveform now properly gives 1000/1000 flying vision during movement and for 0.94 seconds at the destination"
- I have not test this, but when I added Waveform originally, I based it off of those patch notes. --PimpadelicX 16:12, 5 May 2014 (UTC)
Ember Spirits Ultimate
Ember's ultimate needs to be added to the list of things that give vision,
- Alright, it's been added. --PimpadelicX 01:06, 01 May 2014 (UTC)
New Abilities Added for Flying Vision
I just added about 10 abilities to the list, all from previous Patch Notes. I tested most of them myself, and the only problem I noticed was Razor's Static Link. The August 02, 2011 Patch Notes stated that it gave 800/800 Flying Vision for 3.34 seconds, but I noticed it gave that vision for the entire duration of Static Link (Ranging from half a second to the full 8 seconds). --PimpadelicX 12:57, 01 May 2014 (UTC)
- Nice work.
- Razor's Static Link gives the target's vision to the caster, it's not (Artorp (talk) 15:32, 1 May 2014 (UTC) ) flying vision. Just like Bounty Hunter's Track. --
Something to add
Invoker's Tordando as a source of flying vision. It's 1000 units radius around projectile for the duration of the spell.
Mirana's Sacred Arrow as a source of flying vision. It's 650 units radius around projectile for the duration of the spell.
Sniper's Shrapnel as a source of flying vision. It's 400 AoE in the targeted area for 9 seconds.
Sniper's Assassinate as a source of shared (linked) vision for the duration of the cast time (2 seconds).
Razor's Plazma Field as a source of flying vision. It's 800 units radius around the hero for 4 seconds.
Razor's Statik Link's vision is granted for 8 second or til the link is broken.
Spectre's Spectral Dagger as a source of flying vision. It's 200 units radius around the path for 12 seconds.
Crystal Maiden's Crystal Nova as a source of ground vision. It's 900 units radius targeted area for 6 seconds.
Windranger's Powershot as a source of flying vision. It's 800 units radius on projectile with linger time 0.
Clockwerk's Rocket Flare as a source of flying vision. It's 600 units radius on targeted area for 10 seconds.
Io's Spirits provide vision over heroes (300 units radius around) they collide with for 3 seconds.
Windrunner's Shackleshot doesn't provide any vision.
Elder Titan's Astral Spirit as a source of ground vision. It's 450 units radius around the spirit.
Naix's Infest as a source of shared (linked) vision.
Phantom Assassin's Stifling Dagger as a source of flying vision. It's 500 units radius on projectile and the same radius on the area when target gets hit by the dagger for 3 seconds. Area of vision doesn't move with target.
Zeus Thundergod's Wrath as a source of ground vision. It's 1000 units around the hero for 3 seconds.
Silencer's Last Word as a source of shared (linked) vision. It grants vision over the target while the initial debuff is on it.
Disruptor's Thunder Strike as a source of shared (linked) vision. It grants vision over the target for 6 seconds.
Ancient Apparition's Ice Vortex as a source of ground vision. It's 275 units radius from targeted area.
Ancient Apparition's Ice Blast as a source of flying vision. It's 500 units radius on projectile and a 3 seconds duration flying vision on targeted area.
Invoker's Sun Strike as a source of flying vision. It's 275 units radius on targeted area.
Invoker's Chaos Meteor as a source of ground vision. It's 300 units radius on projectile (vision is granted only when meteor hits the ground) with linger time 0. However vision of the very last area where meteor crumbles is granted for extra 3 seconds.
Tusk's Ice Shards grant only 150 units radius on projectile.
Night Stalker with Aghanim's Scepter as a source of flying vision (1200 at day/1800 at night).
Keeper of the Light with Aghanim's Scepter as a source of flying vision (1800 at day/800 at night).
I think that's it. All of it I tested myself. It would be nice is someone could add it to the page because I can't do the appearance. Thanks!
- Wow, that's a lot of spells, great work. I'm surprised my couple changes last week would get people so interested in revitalizing "Vision". I added your changes related to Flying Vision, but someone else seems to be adding your Ground/Linked Vision spells at the moment. [Edit] Looks like that was you :P. --PimpadelicX 16:55, 5 May 2014 (UTC)
- Yeah, I figured out how to edit things so added all of these sources of vision. Check for any mistakes to be sure if you want!
- — The preceding unsigned comment was added by F1f42f (talk) • (contribs) 18:50, 4 May 2014
Sorry, I didn't know how to edit the discussion thread properly. Please add the following two abilities as both of them provide vision: Io's Relocate providing 300 flying vision during the effect delay and Spirirt Breaker's Nether Strike giving vision of the target during the cast time.
Best regards psioniC
- Spirit Breaker's Charge is also missing, I think. 126.96.36.199 21:09, 17 September 2015 (UTC)
Barathrum / Spirit Breaker charge vision
I wanted to add Spirit Breaker charge in spells that give vision, but i don't know where to add it. Flying? Ground? I let someone that knows better the responsibility to do it. ^_^
It says 2 second duration right now. However, in the notes of the ultimate on http://dota2.gamepedia.com/Sniper#Assassinate it says that the debuff lasts 4 seconds at most. Which one is it? I presume that 4 seconds is the correct value? If someone know it is true, please change this page from "Duration: 2" to "Duration: 2 to max 4".
- It lasts 4 seconds. Easy way to test it is to send a unit back to base with chen and cast assassinate on it before it's moved to based. Chen tp doesn't disjoint. http://i.imgur.com/IJynanM.png. Bu3ny (talk) 00:10, 4 January 2015 (UTC)
Update the list of abilities that provide vision
There are lots of abilities still missing on these lists (e.g. Sven's Storm Hammer, Io's Relocate and Spirirt Breaker's Nether Strike). I suggest updating the lists when 6.85 hits (Icefrog said it should be released next week). Psion1C (talk) 15:07, 20 September 2015 (UTC)
What his abilities provide a vision?
- No idea about flux and field. Spark Wraith gives 300 radius flying vision around itself and around the projectile. The vision does not linger when expiring. It does linger when damaging an enemy, at the location at which it hit the enemy. Lingers for 3.34s econds.
- Also, Black Dragon's Fireball gives flying vision equal to its area for its full duration. Bu3ny (talk) 12:27, 19 December 2015 (UTC)