There is no direct cap to the amount of Remote Mines you may place at once, it is only limited by the cooldown/duration.
Shouldn't this say Theoretically, you can have 48 Remote mines at the same time before one expires (if you cast one straight away every time it's available). ?
Is it possible to detonate your ult-mines while you are dead? Kazemi 18:38, 15 May 2013 (UTC)
- Yes, but without "Focused Detonate" you must select mines manually...best hiro ever... — The preceding unsigned comment was added by Fasic46 (talk) • (contribs) • Please sign your posts with ~~~~
Goblin Techies > Techies Tomarzig 11:55, 6 August 2013 (GMT+7 time)
- Or to Greevil Techies as suggested on the playdota.com forums would be fine too. Kevinliew 2:30, 21 August 2013 (GMT+8 time)
- We usually delay renaming pages until we have names/titles officially appearing in the game files. The reason for this is that renaming a hero is actually quite a bit of work, as there are multiple pages that need changing and moving, as well as a large number of templates and images. As for Greevil Techies, that wouldn't be "fine too". We don't know what race they will be - that they will become Greevils is speculation. Until we have an official name from Valve (aside from voicelines), there's no need or use to change names/pages. - Hefaistus 18:01, 20 August 2013 (UTC)
Witch Doctor has had Taunt: Celebration of Death. Removed the claim that Techies would be the first to receive such a Taunt as it is untrue. -Anonymous — The preceding unsigned comment was added by 22.214.171.124 (talk) • (contribs) 22:37, June 23, 2014 • Please sign your posts with ~~~~
- What the writer said was true. He was saying Goblin Techies would be the first to receive a taunt before they were released in the game. As far as I know, Witch Doctor received his taunt after his release. Either way, the trivia wasn't interesting and I was considering removing it myself anyway. --PimpadelicX (talk)
Mines damage placed before levelled up?
If you placed level 1 mines, after that you levelled up to level 2 mine. Did your previous mines do the damage of level 2 mines or they still did level 1 mine damage?
They would do the same damage as level one... You can select the mines and see its a level one mine if I remember corretly..
Why would any previous stasis, remotes, or mines ever level up if you put more points into them? Makes no sense.
I just tested this, mines don't level up or get stronger with Aghs after they've been placed, so I can confirm.
Trollface & Mythbusters trivia?
The Remote Mines look like they undeniably have a trollface on them. Does anyone think that the line ▶️ "I think your eyebrow's growing back" could be a reference the the explosive incident with Adam Savage of the Mythbusters? --GaussNine 9/3/14 9:05PM EST
The trivia did have a note about the trollface, however, looking at the history it was removed by IP 126.96.36.199 Link.
As for the eyebrow quote, the missing eyebrows joke appears in many cartoons and TV shows, if the quote was something such as "Do I still have my eyebrows" or what Adam did say on Mythbusters, "Am I missing an eyebrow?" then I think it could have been. However, I don't think the techies quote is a reference.
Pictures of the mines and trap models required
I created unit info boxes for all 3 mines and added their spell icons as picture for now. Could someone take pictures of the mine models and replace them? I don't have the tools to view the models. Bu3ny (talk) 17:52, 1 November 2014 (UTC)
Trying to get stupid trivia removed
"The flavor text of Pinpoint Detonate icon.png Pinpoint Detonate "Kablooey!" is a direct reference to the line "Kabloeey!" spoken by the Demoman from Team Fortress 2." I don't want to get into an edit war, but do you realize how nonsensical this is? Kablooey dates back to the 60's. What makes you think the flavor text is referencing the demoman, and not some sitcom from that era?
Detonate All ability in the balance changelog is bugged
- Both are technically correct. Detonate is the old name. Fixed it up. ~~ Bu3ny (talk) 16:00, 7 June 2016 (UTC)
Detonation of Proximity Mines can be juked
If timed precisely, at the very last of the detonation delay, it is possible to dodge the damage while the mine still goes off by various means. (e.g. leaving the detection area/becoming invulnerable) Hope for others' confirmation. And if this is true, I think it should be mentioned in the notes. -Symmetrychaos (talk) 09:40, 22 September 2018 (UTC)
- You may add it on counters page. --Elite stay (talk) 14:08, 22 September 2018 (UTC)