Neither the damage nor the stat loss of Whirling Death go through magic immunity, can someone edit that in? -07.02.2015
- Removed Whirling Death from the list completely, since no part of it pierces spell immunity. Bu3ny (talk) 19:43, 7 February 2015 (UTC)
Please add the fact that Spell Immunity grants 100% magic resistance. -05.06.2015
A lot of "temporary" abilities that grant immunity are missing
There are some abilities that grant temporary immunity, such as Waveform, Chemical Rage (transformation duration), True Form (transformation duration), Backtrack (although that's more of a spell shield than an immunity and unreliable) and I guess a lot more that I didn't think of. Also, I think a SEE ALSO should be there regarding Magic Damage/Magic Resistance since they are related articles.
- Waveform, timewalk etc don't grant spell immunity, they grant invulnerability, which blocks (almost) everything. Chemical Rage/true form disjoint projectiles upon cast, no immunity here either. Backtrack simply negates damage. It doesn't use magic resistance. Besides this, spell immunity only blocks spell EFFECTS, it does not block damage. Every source of spell immunity also grants 100% magic resistance, so magical damage is reduced to 0 by that. This article includes all sources of spell immunity. Everything else which blocks effects uses other mechanics.
- Also, there is a nav box at the bottom part of the article, which includes all links to articles about game mechanics, including the ones you mentioned. Bu3ny (talk) 11:49, 15 April 2015 (UTC)
(6.85, Dispersion now reflects damage before reductions and returns it as the same damage type.) It make Spectre will reflect magical damage while Spell Immunity. So I think the "Damage interaction" section should be changed some description. Elite stay (talk) 13:06, 25 December 2015 (UTC)
- The damage interaction section is about how the hero receives damage. It has nothing to do with other spells' interaction with damage, since they differ from spell to spell. That section is still accurate, Dispersion working with unreduced damage does not matter. ~~ Bu3ny (talk) 13:58, 25 December 2015 (UTC)
Attempts to damage spell immune?
what does it mean that an ability does or does not attempt to damage spell immunity? can you put few examples? is this sentence even necessary? i.e. what is the difference between this statement and the statement saying "peirces spell immunity" ?
are there cases where an ability is set to "does not attempt to damage spell immune". For such ability, is it possible that if it was cast on spell immune, and then spell immunity buff expired, does that mean that ability will still not affect the target, because it did not attempt to damage the spell immune?
also, whats the difference between this page and spell immunity/vi ?
- Because some abilities like Elite stay (talk) 03:38, 26 August 2016 (UTC) now returns damage before reduction, if an ability attempt to damage spell immunity, Blade Mail will return the damage of this ability even when Blade Mail caster is spell immunity, vice verse. --
- Best example I can think of is Mana Void. As we know, the spell pierces spell immunity. It can target spell immune units, stunning them and dealing aoe damage based on their missing mana. But the damage is not applied to spell immune units at all. For example, Reaper's Scythe will apply its damage on spell immune units, but does get reduced to 0 due to the 100% magic resistance which every source of spell immunity grants. This 0 damage instance is still enough to interact with on-damage effects which have no minimum damage threshold. This means, Reaper's Scythe will cancel your allied Kotl's Recall even if you were spell immune, because Recall has no damage threshold and is canceled even on 0 damage instances. Mana Void on the other hand simply does not apply its damage at all, so not even a 0 damage instance happens. The spell simply does not attempt to apply its damage on spell immune units.
- And /vi is a language page. Vi is Vietnamese. The page was simply not translated yet. ~~ Bu3ny (talk) 13:43, 26 August 2016 (UTC)