There is no Silent Champion set displayed in the items section.
Last Word rework
Last word no longer disarms (;n;), so the tips section must be rewritten to include the changes.
18.104.22.168 19:20, 12 May 2015 (UTC)
Intelligence Steal radius
Should't the steal radius be 900 instead of 925? Every other source says 900 (e.g. http://www.playdota.com/heroes/silencer).
- The ingame files say it is 925 as you can see here
- And as you can see here, it reaches up to 948 range away. This means it has a 925 radius. Every aoe effect affects units as soon as they touch the radius of the effect with their collision size. Since all but 3 heroes have a collision size of 24, Last Word has an effective range of 948. Against PL/Naga/Lycan, it has an effective range of 932, since their collision size is 8.
- The difference in DotA1 is, the int steal range starts not at the center of Silencer, it starts at the edge of his collision size, so there, it effectively is 948 radius, too (24 Silencer size, 900 radius, 24 enemy size). In Dota2, the silencer size is just summed up with the radius. Bu3ny (talk) 13:55, 28 July 2015 (UTC)
- Very interesting, thanks for your explanation. I'm just wondering how this works with all the other auras having a radius of 900, such as Beastmaster's Inner Beast? Do these also have 948 range or just 923?
- No, it's just the int steal radius is 925 and most auras have 900 radius. Maybe I can make it clearer with a pro paint image. The hero in the middle carries a 900 radius aura. He has 2 allies nearby, both are exactly 924 range away from the middle hero. However, one of them has a 24 collision size while the other has 8. The one with 24 size is affected by the aura but the one with 8 is not, despite the heroes (the black dots) having the same distance from the centered hero. And for Silencer's int steal, the red circle has a 925 radius, instead of 900. Bu3ny (talk) 16:54, 28 July 2015 (UTC)
- Thanks for the further explanation, but I think I've already understood what you had meant. Eventually, the reason why I wanted to change the radius of Intelligence Steal is that the in-game buff icon over Silencer's head says it's a 900 radius as well as the patch notes from 6.76 ("Int Steal aoe increased from 850 to the standard 900 aoe range"). So basically, the problem is an incorrect information on the part of Dota, right?
- The ingame buff icon is wrong then. Also, it technically is correct in DotA1 to say 900 radius, because there is a big inconsistancy there. Some spells work from unit center to unit center, others from edge to center and then others from edge to edge. There are 3 different ways to code them in DotA1 and depending on which one was chosen, its effective range varies. The coded range for int steal is 900 in DotA1, but it's coded to work from edge to edge, so at least 924. In Dota2, all aoe spells work from center to edge, 925 center to edge is the same as 900 edge to edge in this case. Bu3ny (talk) 16:44, 29 July 2015 (UTC)