Earth Shaker article similarity
Sand King and Earthshaker are completely different heroes. They have different roles in games and their playstyles are incomparable.
- Tell that to Reddit, also sign your messages in talk pages please. Anyway, feel free to edit anything you think is wrong, afterall, that's how wiki's work ;) -ChocolateWaffle 02:27, 13 September 2011 (CDT)
- We will probably clear out the summaries from reddit at a later date - replace them with original content, so I wouldn't worry about it. If you want to remove it and re-write it now, feel free. RJackson 02:32, 13 September 2011 (CDT)
- Especially with DOTA2 still not releasing till OCT. Ssmeek 02:45, 13 September 2011 (CDT)
That section is a total mess. Anyone willing to clean it up? --SirIronclad 08:25, 21 March 2013 (UTC)
- Me, see below. --Formic.Sapien 01:51, 25 October 2013 (UTC)
I got the rewrite
I've been maining Sand King for a while now (414 matches, 52.2% win rate). I'm not perfect, but I think I know enough to make some improvements to the article. I'll make changes here and there, but I'll update as I go in case someone wants to help out. --Formic.Sapien 01:51, 25 October 2013 (UTC)
I'm a new player, so I might be wrong about this, but under Tips, it says:
"Sand King can be played as an early game jungler by stacking the neutral camps and killing them off with Sand Storm. However, it is practical to jungle from level 3 onwards, as Sand Storm is much more powerful at level 2."
Earlier today however, I found that this doesn't work. Activating Sand Storm does shield Sand King from damage, but the jungle creeps don't react at all and become passive. They don't attack Sand King, but neither do they take damage from Sand Storm. The secret shop isn't 'activated' either. 220.127.116.11 23:48, 18 October 2014 (UTC)
Burrowstrike and Linken's Sphere
I don't want to make changes by myself but I think there's a mistake in the "Burrowstrike" section about how it works with Linken's Sphere. It has the same words as Lion's (Blocked upon impact by everyone within range of the spikes) but it's not how it works on Sand King's Burrowstrike. In this case, Linken's Sphere will activate if casted directly on target but WILL NOT activate by everyone within range. I know it because Sand King is one of my main heroes and when playing with heroes carrying Linken's Sphere, the way to stun them is by targeting ground and not directly. So, maybe, we can change these words for: Blocked if targeted directly. Enemies within the range not targeted will not be blocked. FeliasSnape 09:56, October 14 2016 (CDT)
- No, it does be blocked upon impact by everyone within range of the spikes. --Elite stay (talk) 15:08, 14 October 2016 (UTC)
- Targeting unit, targeting ground. In both cases, both blocked it.~~ Bu3ny (talk) 15:11, 14 October 2016 (UTC)
- Thanks for the quick asnwer; I was completely sure it was the other way, that Burrow wouldn't activate Linken of targets in range... Thanks for the screenshots. FeliasSnape 10:22, October 14 2016 (CDT)
Talents and Abilities updates
Reading and thinking about the talents and abilities I saw that we need to add the right updates/improvements to certain abilities which are changed somehow depending on the talents chosen. Even we need to choose a new icon (a little branch I guess) to determinate when or how an ability changes based on the chosen talents.
For example, a Sand King chosing the left 25lvl branch will have a 14 pulses Epicenter instead of 10 pulses, so the maximun possible Magical Damage output will change from 1100 to 1540, and maximun radius will enlarge from 700 to +/- 900 radius...
Don't know where we could discuss this topics more detailed... FeliasSnape 12:56, December 16 2016 (CST)
- Got you covered. Not sure if it stays like that, but it's a good start. Molldust (talk) 19:08, 16 December 2016 (UTC)
- I know you guys were adding the information in the wikis xD I'm talking more of a refined edition. The same way we have a little icon for Linken, BKB or Aghanim to show how the ability works with these items, maybe we could add this same technique with talens, with an icon something like this http://imgur.com/a/l2amE followed by something like "Add 4 pulses". I mean, not to add the info in the ability notes but in the ability itself. FeliasSnape (talk) 19:13, December 16 2016 (UTC)