New Phantom Lancer
Removing the phantom edge from the resistance list . :)
There's been a lot of talk on IRC about Veil of Discord in Dota 2. Seems like it's not amplifying magical damage anymore, but decreases magical resitance properly like description says. --XRdR 01:46, 31 October 2011 (CDT)
Don't forget to discuss AA's vortex. - Nickoladze 12:09, 21 April 2012 (UTC)
Lone Druid's Demolish, to add or not to add?
The ability technically gives increased magic resistance to the bear, but the bear is a Heavy armor type unit. I don't even know if it's relevant. —126.96.36.199
Chen's Damage Amplification
No mention of Penitence?
Please update the article to 6.82 - changelog says that "Cloak, Hood and Pipe magic resistances now stack like all other normal magic resistance". Btw, does this also mean that magic resistance from items now works on illusions? Frozen Spider (talk)
- Just checked - no, as before, illusions only benefits from magic resistance bonus if it came from hero passive, not from items. Frozen Spider (talk)
Does repel provide 100% magic resistance? It is not listed on this page yet on the omniknight page it says it does? If it were to provide magic resistance then assuming no other amplification source it should make heroes immune to all plain / normal magic damage like a Zeus thunderbolt?
- All sources of spell immunity also provide 100% magic resistance. Repel is no exception. Bu3ny (talk) 15:31, 10 December 2014 (UTC)
Medusa's Stone Gaze
Medusa's Stone Gaze doesn't grant magical resistance. Instead, it reduces all incoming magical damage by 100% ignoring the resistance. Here's why:
- It doesn't change resistance in tooltip
- If hero's resistance is lowered (even below -100%), he still takes no damage from magic.
- UI bug. The UI also doesn't show your correct movement speed when slowed by eg shadow strike. That doesn't mean shadow strike doesn't use a deceasing slow.
- It works like fate's edict or the spell immunity sources, it sets magic res to 100% and can't be lowered. Bu3ny (talk) 18:11, 10 December 2014 (UTC)
No mention of Rage, Backtrack, Bristleback, Refraction, Overcharge
- Regarding blocking abilities: while they are not meant to strictly block magic damage (as compared to say, Repel, BKB, Rage etc.) Backtrack and Refraction can block magical damage as well. Also, as mentioned above, Repel is missing as another user mentioned and I noticed Rage is, as well.
- Regarding damage reduction/magic resistance: Bristleback takes less damage as well (i.e. from Dagon) and tethered units that are affected by IO's overcharge
- Regarding amp abilities: Penitence is missing, as previously stated by another user
Author of this page was wrong about magical armor. For exsample i have %50 magic armor and there is an 'anti magic cloak' which give %50 magic armor. I have 1000 HP.
- I have no cloak= %50 magic res, 2000 dmg will kill me
- I have 1 cloak= %75 macig res, 4000 dmg will kill me
- I have 2 cloak= %87,5 magic res, 8000 dmg will kill me
As we can see all 'anti magic cloak's gave me sam amaunt of persentege and it is x2. Acordig to author, every item should be less effective.
- Number of Hoods Total magic resistance Effectiveness of last hood (THIS PART IS COPMLETLY WRONG)
- No hood 25%
- 1 hood 47.5% 22.5%
- 2 hoods 63.25% 15.75%
- 3 hoods 74.275% 11.025%
- 4 hoods 81.9925% 7.7175%
- 5 hoods 87.39475% 5.40225%
- 6 hoods 91.176325% 3.781575%
please rewrite that potion of guide, it isnt the truth.
- Number of Hoods Total magic resistance Effectiveness of last hood
- No hood 25%
- 1 hood 47.5% x30 less magic dmg
- 2 hoods 63.25% x30 less magic dmg
- 3 hoods 74.275% x30 less magic dmg
- 4 hoods 81.9925% x30 less magic dmg
- 5 hoods 87.39475% x30 less magic dmg
- 6 hoods 91.176325% x30 less magic dmg
- You got it wrong.. Taking your own example, a 50% magic resistance hero buying 50% magic resistance cloaks
- With 0 cloaks, he has 50% magic resistance.
- With 1 cloak, he has 75% magic resistance. The cloak increased it by 25%, not by 50%.
- With 2 cloaks, he has 87.5% magic reisstance. So the 2nd cloak increased it by 12.5%, not 50%.