- 1 Hero as main damage dealer
- 2 Aghanim's Scepter
- 3 Phase Boots or Treads
- 4 Battle Cry default key?
- 5 Bear using runes
- 6 New trivia?
- 7 Spells last as long on Spirit Bear as they do on heroes
- 8 The name for transforming back is "Druid Form"
- 9 Bear's BAT
- 10 2 Questions
- 11 "Attack Range Loss"
- 12 teleport upon resummoning
- 13 lua error
Hero as main damage dealer
I think there's an issue with this sentence in the intro text:
The Spirit Bear is mostly played as the tank and aura giver, while the Lone Druid is played as the support and the main damage dealer as the Druid is still capable of causing more damage than the Spirit Bear.
I'm pretty sure I've never seen any professional player play lone druid in this way. Usually the bear holds the damage items and the druid holds aura/utility items. It's not true at all that the main hero is capable of dealing more damage than the bear given that the bear has a higher BAT when fully upgraded. 184.108.40.206 05:46, 17 January 2014 (UTC)
Does he have an upgrade for his ultimate? Ssmeek 03:50, 29 March 2012 (UTC)
- Nope. --Kroocsiogsi 04:34, 29 March 2012 (UTC)
Phase Boots or Treads
In my opinion Phase is a much better build for him than Treads because: 1. Phase Boots gives 3x more damage than Treads, last hitting would be easier 2. The strength you receive from Treads isn't needed since he's already got enough HP and he gets bonus HP in bear form 3. The Phase ability is useful since Lone Druid has no true escape mechanism so it will aid him in escaping. So Phase Boots or Treads? If Treads, could you give reasons why it is more preferable than Phase Boots. TY :) — The preceding unsigned comment was added by Kyros97 (talk) • (contribs)
- The recommended items shown on the Wiki are the ones shown, by default, in-game - Valve's official suggestions. We do not change them based upon our own preferences. -RJ 13:46, 31 March 2012 (UTC)
- In my opinion, phase boots is the better choice. However, as our wiki follows Valve's official recommendations, what you could do it make a thread at the Dev forums. Redefining history 14:24, 31 March 2012 (UTC)
Battle Cry default key?
I've rebound a bunch of stuff so am not entirely sure, but isn't his Battle Cry on D (not F as claimed) by default? Fizz 17:11, 21 September 2012 (UTC)
- The C button as default.
Bear using runes
I'm pretty sure the bear can actually use runes. I don't know from where the person got the info that says it can't.
I think the response "Form of: BEAR!" may be a reference to the Wonder Twins' Jayna who can transform into animals.
Spells last as long on Spirit Bear as they do on heroes
Actually, this is incorrect, for example tinkers laser blinds bear for full 6 seconds (like creeps) instead of 3 seconds (like heroes). I think there is a reddit thread where all the spells that don't work properly are listed (there is also thread on dev.dota2 forum). As far I know none of these were fixed (I think that bulldog abused bear too much and they kept nerfing them and only 'fixing' bug when it would nerf bear). — The preceding unsigned comment was added by 220.127.116.11 (talk) • (contribs)
The name for transforming back is "Druid Form"
In the Wiki, it was named "True Form Return", but ingame it's "Druid Form". I changed the name, but I don't know how to change the file names of the sound and the image and that's required to be able to link it with Ability ID. Could someone change the files to reflect the real name of it please?
Also @above, yes it's very inconsistant in Dota2, so just saying that buffs and debuffs last as long as on heroes would be wrong. I was thinking of giving it a new section in the page, or a whole new page for unique spell interactions. There are plenty of unique interactions between spells, so having them at one page and have each spell on the hero page link to that page would be best imo. Because it looks ugly when putting the interactions all in the spell notes like in here http://dota2.gamepedia.com/Abaddon#Aphotic_Shield — The preceding unsigned comment was added by Bu3ny (talk) • (contribs)
Last time I checked, its internal BAT value was all the same for any levels, but the attack speed is increased for attack time to be same as 1.75/1.65/1.55/1.45. Maybe this also applies to Necronomicons. (which means unit Attack Speed increase is less efficient for units with higher BAT)
- From the game files:
"AttackRate" "1.75" // Speed of attack.
- "AttackRate" "1.65" // Speed of attack.
- "AttackRate" "1.55" // Speed of attack.
"AttackRate" "1.45" // Speed of attack.
- Every unit has a base attack speed of 100. There are no exceptions. The attack rate (aka BAT, base attack time) is what makes units attack differently fast by default Bu3ny (talk) 12:29, 15 June 2015 (UTC)
1. Is there a damage threshold for Spirit Bear's Return? 2. When leveling True Form while having it active on Lone Druid, do the health and armor bonuses get applied instantly or only after switching between True and Druid Form? Psion1C (talk) 23:13, 26 November 2015 (UTC)
- After testing this, my results are: 1. There is no damage threshold for Return, even damage instances of 0 do put it on cooldown (e.g. Dazzle's Poison Touch when Spirit Bear is under the effect of Omniknight's Guardian Angel). 2. The new True Form bonuses from leveling the ability do only get applied after re-switching to True Form and not instantly.
- Is this worth being added to the notes? Psion1C (talk) 18:06, 1 December 2015 (UTC)
- The second one is now fixed with the 6.86c update. Should Return's damage threshold of 0 be added to the notes? Psion1C (talk) 12:56, 29 December 2015 (UTC)
- The bonus armor is still only applied when reswitching between the forms, though. Psion1C (talk) 12:59, 29 December 2015 (UTC)
"Attack Range Loss"
I think it's better to rid of "Attack Range Loss" note from ultimate description (and related properties) because it is actually not range loss but form change (melee/ranged) as mentioned in notes.18.104.22.168
- Attack range loss is correct. When used by Rubick, he has 200 attack range during it (600-400), while Lone has 150 (550-400). ~~ Bu3ny (talk) 00:42, 12 November 2017 (UTC)
teleport upon resummoning
if Summon Spirit Bear teleports the bear to Sylla, then shouldn't it be added to the list of teleportation spells? — The preceding unsigned comment was added by 22.214.171.124 (talk) • (contribs) 10 July 2018 • Please sign your posts with ~~~~
Defender currently says "Lua error in Module:Show at line 54: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)." 126.96.36.199 02:39, 16 February 2019 (UTC) fuck u lol