In the section for Relocate on this page, it says if Wisp is interrupted during the delay, Relocate is cancelled. I'm 99% sure this is not the case.
- It's bugged ATM. The note is how it should work. -Baloroth 15:10, 28 June 2012 (UTC)
- 1 Wisp VS Guardian Wisp
- 2 Headdress not Recommended Item
- 3 Wisp Audio not Working?
- 4 Article needs a section on Wisp partners
- 5 Vengeful Spirit
- 6 Relocate resets tether expiration time
- 7 Io isn't Io... its Wisp
- 8 Revert to older icons as of March 28 Patch
- 9 About Tether expiration time:
- 10 Tether Break -> Break Tether
- 11 Fundamentals
Wisp VS Guardian Wisp
This needs discussion. Valve didn't add the Guardian part of the name, but I've seen some mods in the dev forum who use the complete name at some situations. -- Denmax (talk|contributions|sandbox) 17:18, 7 July 2012 (UTC)
- The update notes when he was released referred to him as "Guardian Wisp", but then the notes from last week call him just "Wisp." Wisp is better I think, but calling him "Guardian" at some point isn't wrong, but I don't think it should be our regular term for him. -Baloroth 18:23, 7 July 2012 (UTC)
Headdress not Recommended Item
The last few games I've been playing as Wisp, I've had good success with using Headdress. The +2 to all attributes and the +3 regen aura make it very useful during the laning phase. It is also one of the items in the Mekansm recipe, which is an actual recommended item for Wisp. Is there any reason why Headdress isn't listed? Is it not as good as I think it is? --Anon
- Recipe items that build into other items that are on the list are not always shown on the list, due to the clutter it would cause. Also, Valve made the list, not us. -Baloroth 13:18, 3 August 2012 (UTC)
- I suppose I should've known that. It's in-game after all. I wanted to put a tip on the Wisp page but didn't know where to put item-related tips on the page. I figured the talk page was best since people could confirm or refute my claim. --Anon
Wisp Audio not Working?
It's on the "Wisp Responce's" page for a while now,Wisp audio doesn't play.No ghostly sounds or anything,only the play button you clicked reacting like it usually does,then getting stuck on that position untill you click in it again.
- Oh, it's because Wisp's sounds are wavs instead of mp3s, and not all browsers handle the wavs correctly. I think the best solution would be to convert the wavs to mp3s. Thanks for bringing it up. --Kroocsiogsi 23:32, 4 August 2012 (UTC)
Article needs a section on Wisp partners
I haven't tried it but i assume either Tether or Relocate doesn't work with Vengeful Spirit. If that's the case, shouldn't it be added here somewhere?
If Wisp works fine with VS, you could use it to get her into an otherwise inaccessible area, then have her swap with an enemy to lock them away. Same for Pudge with hook.
Relocate resets tether expiration time
While playing Wisp on my first times, I have at some point noticed that tether has an expiration time and cooldown of 12 seconds but also the relocate effect lasts 12 seconds.
I assumed I had to break the tether during the relocation effect and re-tether again to bring my ally back, but that wasn't actually the case since relocate resets the tether effect expiration time when the relocation effect starts, so that it expires right after the relocation ends.
I haven't found an indication of such a behavior in the article, shouldn't there be one?--220.127.116.11 21:45, 10 March 2013 (UTC)
- I had not been aware of this mechanic before you brought it up, but my testing shows you are right. I don't know if it is a glitch or not, but I'll add it to the article. --Stupid Lemon Eater 02:22, 11 March 2013 (UTC)
Io isn't Io... its Wisp
So I see someone changed Wisp's page to be Io and be redirected from Wisp to all things Io, when infact the name Io isn't used at all in game except for ability flavor text and Wisp's bio. So I'd think it might confuse people trying to find Wisp in the wiki when the name is set to "Io". Just my opinion, should probably be changed back to Wisp for continuity and ease of access sake. — The preceding unsigned comment was added by Colgrevant (talk) • (contribs) March 27, 2013
- Please check the most recent Test patch notes. He's Io now. -- Seven Five Seven 22:51, 27 March 2013 (UTC)
Revert to older icons as of March 28 Patch
In the newest patch, Io has gone back to his darker blue color scheme. Can someone revert his portrait, minimap icon, and abilities?
I would do it myself but I already tried to fix his portrait and it didn't change anything. Someone who knows more about this stuff than me should do it.
--Stupid Lemon Eater 19:03, 29 March 2013 (UTC)
- Cache, mate. Always the cache... I already updated everything but the minimap icon --Nystus 20:01, 29 March 2013 (UTC)
About Tether expiration time:
I personally find the expiration time on Tether to be really annoying and especially in the middle of a dense teamfight it can be difficult to tether the correct ally and it has cost me several teamfights in the past, especially if a hero like DS is involved and vaccuums everyone into a clumpy mess. I think it should be reworked to simply remove the expiration time, keeping everything else. If the exp time is 12 seconds and the cooldown is 12 seconds there is no point to having it there. Of course it would stand that the tether slow can only work once per tether, no matter how long you've been tethered. That's just my personal opinion from that standpoint that as is, the expiration time has no purpose existing as long as the cooldown is the same amount of time.
Tether Break -> Break Tether
The sub-spell's name to break the tether is Break Tether and not Tether Break. I changed it in the hero page, but I can't change the image and sound file names. Could someone change it to Break_Tether_icon.png? Bu3ny (talk) 10:41, 29 October 2014 (UTC)
Is it confirmed that Io represents the EM force? From how I understood, Io represents the strong nuclear force, the force that binds protons and neutrons together into nucleons. Ezalor represents electromagnetism, as light is just another manifestation of this interaction.Admittedly, photons are radiated from weak interaction, but "Keeper of the LIGHT" hints a lot stronger at EM interaction than weak interaction. Finally Nessaj would make a lot more sense as the representation of the weak interaction, as this is the interaction with the most.. Well.. Randomness to it, basically. Honestly weak interaction is kind of hard to personify, but Ezalor definitely doesn't fit. And don't say "because weak interaction -> radiation", which is true but nuclear radiation =/= light, that's only applicable for gamma radiation.
Also one more note: During the quark epoch (a specific period in the history of the universe about 10^-12 seconds into the Big Bang. Yes this is real particle physics, I'm not making this up), electromagnetism and the weak interaction were split from one force: the electroweak force, which split up into discernibly different interactions. Now I might be reading too much into the DotA designers' knowledge of particle physics, but this fits PERFECTLY into the lore between Ezalor and Nessaj. Too perfect, really.
Obviously Enigma is gravity. But the other three, as noted on the wiki, seem to clash which what makes the most sense with the actual science. — The preceding unsigned comment was added by 18.104.22.168 (talk) • (contribs) 29 January 2015 • Please sign your posts with ~~~~