Is there anyone willing to help me edit this page?
- Not bad, but maybe it could be split into sections instead of just clumping it all together? Like, "miss" or "feeder" being player jargon, but "cooldown" and "caster" are game concepts that should go on a "Mechanics" section with better explanation (or even their own pages). -ChocolateWaffle 05:28, 15 September 2011 (CDT)
- I think we could explain the terms better than a glossary. -Lancey 09:38, 15 September 2011 (CDT)
The title is improperly cased, for one. Otherwise it'd be better suited as just "Glossary". -Lancey 12:47, 18 September 2011 (CDT)
"Nonsensical anon edits"
I would really like to know the criteria for this one. The reason why I got it was trying to replace the word "turrets" with "towers". The edit is legal, "towers" is the actual Dota term. Again, if someone would be so kind as to tell me how this classified as "Nonsensical anon edits".
...And then I edited a whole bunch of other stuff only to find out that the system still hates me :( I am starting to believe that "Nonsensical anon edits" blocks all IP editors, in which case you might as well close this wiki for anonymous editors (not that I would recommend that) 126.96.36.199 16:37, 17 May 2012 (UTC)
- "User is not logged in (anon edit),
and new wikitext is missing markup" is the criteria, so yes it is pretty easy to trip. You are welcome to register an account to get around this. -RJ 16:56, 17 May 2012 (UTC)
- Missing markup, huh? So that basically prevents anonymous users from, say, correcting spelling mistakes or something similar. That's, well, not good :(
I didn't want to register simply because I don't plan on editing much, maybe just fixing a thing or two as I see it. Guess I'll have to try adding some markup to my edits then :D 188.8.131.52 17:02, 17 May 2012 (UTC)
"Flash farming - A sub-type of farming when you farm your lane creeps until the enemy tower and then proceed to clear neutral creep camps. This is refered to as the fastest and most efficient way of farming."
I would consider myself a "long time" Dota player, but I have never heard the term "flash farming". But never mind that. How can "push your lane to the enemy tower and then
get ganked go jungle" be "the most efficient way of farming". Citation needed? :) AFK farming should be named the most effective way of farming (also, the safest). Speaking of which, AFK farming isn't even in the glossary.
Summary: I request that "flash farming" be removed, or at least the "most effective" part of it. 184.108.40.206 17:20, 17 May 2012 (UTC)
- Done I changed it around a bit and added a note about the dangers of flash farming (I believe the term was widely used in LoL, but it is applicable in DotA as well). AFK farming... I'll leave adding that up to someone else. -Baloroth 17:57, 17 May 2012 (UTC)
- "the term was widely used in LoL" So probably it was added by a LoL player who wasn't aware that Dota doesn't equal LoL? --220.127.116.11 22:08, 2 March 2013 (UTC)
Definition for Turtling
Surely there should be a definition for Turtling on this page? It doesn't seem to be particularly explained on this wiki anywhere, and even if it is, it seems like it would be a suitable page for the glossary. I tried to add one myself, and got the 'nonsensical anon edits' block. I grabbed the definition from here http://www.gosugamers.net/dota/thread/824099/start/23 . It isn't, perhaps, the best definition in the world, but it made sense to me, and I don't really know what Turtling is (hence my interest in the glossary).
Anyway, someone with an account or what have you should probably add a definition.