- 1 What debuffs are not removed by death
- 2 Shadow Strike can be dispelled/purged.
- 3 DotA and Dota 2 Disparities
- 4 Large tables
- 5 Neutral creeps' buffs/debuffs?
- 6 False Promise: no strong dispel
- 7 Are GG boots missing from the list?
- 8 Editing "Table of spell immunity dispel interactions"
- 9 Dispel Tables can't be sorted
- 10 Rolling Thunder
What debuffs are not removed by death
as the title says, can we list what debuffs are not removed by death, such as silencer's int steal. — The preceding unsigned comment was added by 184.108.40.206 (talk) • (contribs) • Please sign your posts with ~~~~
Shadow Strike can be dispelled/purged.
The Queen of Pain page and this page both state that Shadow Strike cannot be removed by normal dispels. However, I had just tested this, and Shadow Strike is removed by normal dispels. I am very new to editing wikis, and thus I am not confident that I can edit this page properly.
DotA and Dota 2 Disparities
When it comes to dispels there are quite a lot of disparities between DotA and Dota 2. For instance, AA's Ice Blast is dispellable with Diffusal Blade or Manta in DotA, but not in Dota 2. And sometimes a skill is implemented differently, Shadow Fiend's Damage reduction is a buff applied in an aoe in DotA that can be purged, but in Dota 2 it is a temporary aura with SF as the carrier and can not be dispelled.
This article is maintained by how things works in the most recent patch of Dota 2, with no regard to how spells worked in DotA. It should not be taken as a source of how spells should work, but rather as a source of information of how spells currently behave in Dota 2.
Due to the nature of the tables (having to list every spell in the game) this article became quite heavy. The tables could be moved to their own article to ease the load, just like this table.
Right now some tables are collapsed as a temporary solution to improve readability.
I externalized all the lists. I just added
though I don't think that looks very nice. Someone with more experience formatting wikis should look over this...
Neutral creeps' buffs/debuffs?
There are many status effects that neutrals/ancients/roshan place, is there a reason they are not included?
Vhoul aids, ghost slow, satyr purge slow, blue ogre armor, hellbear clap, big troll ensnare, ancient lizard slam, roshan slam. —220.127.116.11 09:33, 25 April 2014 (UTC)
- Nah no reason I just didn't test them. They should be added to the list eventually, maybe as a separate section: "neutral creep abilities" as opposed to "hero abilities". --Artorp (talk) 01:56, 26 April 2014 (UTC)
- Testing took so long, man. Saspoon (talk) 00:55, 6 May 2014 (UTC)
False Promise: no strong dispel
False Promise is actually no strong dispel. Check it out in Dota 2 Test by stunning someone and then using FP on him - it will not remove the stun which a strong dispel should. Needs to be fixed in the article when this is no bug in Dota.
- Wait for him to be ported to the main client. As of now, everything is subject to change. It might get fixed. Bu3ny (talk) 16:22, 19 November 2014 (UTC)
Are GG boots missing from the list?
Is it a strong dispel? Neither of the dispel listing has them, I guess they should be. 18.104.22.168 04:04, 13 May 2015 (UTC)
Editing "Table of spell immunity dispel interactions"
There are at least two formal mistakes in the text below "Table of spell immunity dispel interactions", but I cannot edit them. Can anyone help me?
- Can you write which mistakes? Medok 11:58, 8 July 2015 (UTC)
- Please, fix the following two mistakes: "Some abilities apply" instead of "Some abilities applies" and "It dispels some positive buffs like rune effects (haste, double damage)" instead of "It dispels some positive buffs like rune effects(haste, double damage)".
Dispel Tables can't be sorted
The 'sorting arrows' at the top of the tables don't function as expected. Is there any way to fix this, eg. by putting a backend numeral value for Yes, No, and Aura? Additionally, Should auras even be listed in the table anyway? If auras were dropped from the list, each entry could easily be given a 2/3 bit value so they could easily be sorted to, eg, show all the things that a strong dispel can dispel, but a basic one can't. Prezombie (talk) 17:47, 12 June 2017 (UTC)
It applied spell immunity but also applied a dispel. Unfortunately, with removing Venomous Gale's strong dispelable, I have no idea which type of the dispel Rolling applied. --Elite stay (talk) 14:45, 2 November 2017 (UTC)