Arcane Aura underrated on page?
I feel like the page underrates maxing arcane aura first on a babysitting CM. Especially since the recent nerf on her INT, maxing aura allows you to infinitely spam your spells in lane while also giving a huge boost to your teammates early on. It's so hard to lane against a CM who's just constantly spamming nova on you off cooldown, whoever you are. Sure, arcane boots makes her aura "less" useful, but people (typically supports are the ones who need them) tend to finish those as the laning stage is wrapping up anyway. This isn't even to mention that carries don't tend to buy arcane boots, and that being able to spam their skills makes them able to farm faster, because while they buy manapool-boosting items like drums, many don't actually buy mana regen.
- I agree, the aura shouldn't be disregarded as a one-point wonder. I changed the section to be less opinionated. Besides, the statement is a couple years old by now. --Artorp (talk) 00:12, 15 March 2014 (UTC)
Brilliance Aura -> Arcane Aura?
Not sure if this is confirmed, but it seems like Brilliance Aura has been changed to Arcane Aura. Should we change the skill name accordingly, or wait for beta release? -Lancey 13:35, 10 September 2011 (CDT)
- Best option would be to wait until we have solid proof. Is the image name Arcane Aura? If so I think it would be proof enough. -ChocolateWaffle 13:58, 10 September 2011 (CDT)
- Yes, the image is Arcane Aura. It's listed in most places as Arcane Aura. Not sure if this applies to the Ring of Basillus as well. I'll make the change and we can revert it if it's not. -Lancey 14:02, 10 September 2011 (CDT)
Crystal nova's range
Range is 700 but you only take half of the AOE of 400. So it would be up to 900 right? 13:47, 27 October 2011 (CDT)
- Range refers to castable range, not the range of the effect itself. So while it is possible to hit opponents that are 900 units away, you can't cast the epicenter of the spell further then 700 units away from you. Hefaistus 14:03, 27 October 2011 (CDT)
- He meant something else. He mistook radius as diameter, but it is 400 radius, so 1100 is correct.
Freezing Field Damage
Assuming an even distribution of damage across the radius, what will be the theoretical damage Freezing Field will do on a single spot? I think that'll be a far more useful piece of information to put as the side note than the damage all concentrated on one target. — The preceding unsigned comment was added by 184.108.40.206 (talk) • (contribs) 07:09, July 10, 2013 • Please sign your posts with ~~~~
- I know this comment is old, but this is as good a place as any to mention my change. At some point, someone did the math to calculate Freezing Field's average damage, however as mentioned in this comment, it was only on a single point. Heroes have a collision box, and I worked that into the equation, greatly increasing the average damage.
Old Formula: Average Damage = Total Damage x (Impact Radius^2 x Pi) / (Total Radius^2 x Pi) New Formula: Average Damage = Total Damage x ((Impact Radius + Hero Radius)^2 x Pi)/ (Total Radius^2 x Pi)
- I measured the hero radius to be ~60 units by using the dota_display_range command. This increased the Average Damage by ~59%, a massive change but one that I think is correct. In the end, your game's fate still resides with RNGesus.
- --PimpadelicX (talk) 19:17, 11 June 2014 (UTC)
The note saying "Lasts 10 seconds on all creeps of lvl 6 or less. This increases DPS." is obviously wrong, longer duration increases total damage, but not DPS.
However, I can't edit, because:
- This action has been automatically identified as harmful, and therefore disallowed. If you believe your action was constructive, please inform an administrator of what you were trying to do. A brief description of the abuse rule which your action matched is: Nonsensical anon edits
Anyone able to help?
- It should let you do that if you create an account and try to make the edit while logged in. - LingoSalad (talk) 01:52, 13 January 2014 (UTC)
- The note used to say "This includes the DPS" but was changed some months ago, I reverted it with a note of the total damage to avoid further confusion. Question is, does it deal 770 or 700 damage to creeps? I assumed 770 which would be consistent with the dota 2 behavior versus heroes (initial damage + 1 tick every second). Will investigate, and change as needed. Artorp (talk) 06:52, 13 January 2014 (UTC)
Does Freezing Field hit invis units? Does it hit in fog? These would be useful sidenotes. Also does BKB protect from damage but not from slow? (I'm guessing but don't know). Any interaction with Linkin's?
Backswing 2.4 secs?
Can someone verify the cast backswing time? I'm a bit skeptical about the 2.4 secs. 220.127.116.11 05:32, 31 August 2014 (UTC)