In-game description for Hookshot is misleading. We'll leave it as it is, till Valve fixes it.--XRdR 07:28, 22 October 2011 (CDT)
Does this name have anything to do with Clockwerk from Sly?
Picture of power cog model required
I created a unit info box for the power cogs and can't take a pic myself, because I dont have the tools. Could someone take a picture of the cog's models and add it?
puzzled by hook
The note's description is strange. It seems that hook deals two instances to the latched target. One could be blocked by bkb, the other is not. But the pierced instance will disappear when Clockwerk reach the target?
response "The turtle wins the race"
I think his response "The turtle wins the race" is more likely to be a reference to Aesop's fable The Tortoise and the Hare, rather than a reference to Zeno's paradox.
The Notes of power cogs say:"A cog shocks the first enemy unit which comes within 160 range of it from the outside."
Want to know the exact definition of "from the outside". I've experienced the circumstance that if you are trapped in the cog, destroy one of them and then get out, with great possibility you'll get knocked by one of the nearby cogs. The way to avoid it seems to be getting out from the very middle between the nearby cogs. This isn't the case when the arrangement of the cogs were still a square. This circumstance appeared after the arrangement was changed into circle.(or a little bit later, after further minor adjustment, idk)
Also, the notes didn't mention the interaction between the knockback and other forced movements(especially Force Staff and Hurricane Pike). I didn't find related description in forced movements page as well. --Symmetrychaos (talk) 03:13, 21 June 2017 (UTC)
- Only answering the last part regarding forced movement: The Forced Movement article says "In general, almost all forced movement effects override each other. The later applied one nullifies the previous ones. Although there are a few exceptions.", which should answer your question (i.e. only exceptions need an extra note regarding forced movement). --Psion1C (talk) 08:21, 21 June 2017 (UTC)
- I've known that, but I think this is the case of exceptions. As far as I know, the knockback does NOT proc if under other forced movement effects, which is not the regular interaction between them as described in the Forced Movement article. The only forced movement get overridden by the knockback is Force Staff. That's why I think there should be a note mentioning this.
- BTW, sorry for not related to this topic, but why my edit to the page fails when logged in? I've tried log out and in again but it didnt work, and I'm now editing while logged out. --Symmetrychaos 10:50, 21 June 2017 (UTC)
- Cogs shock you when you are standing within range of them from the outside of the circle. It doesn't matter how you enter that area. I planned to redo those notes after some testing to specify how exactly the areas are and how they are shaped, so don't bother with it now.
- offtopic: The wiki had some issues, no one could edit stuff while logged in. It should work now again. ~~ Bu3ny (talk) 21:22, 21 June 2017 (UTC)