- 1 Trivia?
- 2 Name trivia
- 3 No longer unreleased
- 4 No Portrait?
- 5 Helmet
- 6 Carry? You have to be joking.
- 7 He fits any role aside initiator
- 8 Aphotic Shield's detonation and Borrowed Time..
- 9 Borrowed Time and Rupture
- 10 Does the Agha scepter upgraded Burrowed Time 35% redirected amount of damage is calculated before any reduction ?
- 11 Patch info
- 12 Turn rate
His.. horse(mount?) on the concept art looks like an Acherus Deathcharger from world warcraft, which is an horse given to new deathknights as part of their training, instead of a skeletal horse. ( Acherus deathcharger pic) — Draforce 10:01, 17 April 2013 (UTC)
"His name means "the Destroyer" in Hebrew."
Not quite. Abaddon (pronounced Avadon in Hebrew) was indeed called "the destroyer" in the Book of Revelation and that is what it translates to in Greek, but in Hebrew Avadon translates into several things - destruction (the concept), the "dwelling place of the dead" (from Wikipedia article Abaddon), doom, ruin, abyss, etc. --188.8.131.52 22:29, 10 July 2013 (UTC)
No longer unreleased
I tried to remove the unreleased warning, but it said it was a nonsensical edit... — The preceding unsigned comment was added by 184.108.40.206 (talk) • (contribs) 21:00, 12 July 2013 • Please sign your posts with ~~~~
Why doesn't this page have a big portrait and a hero icon in his bio? — The preceding unsigned comment was added by Flabbergastric (talk) • (contribs) 15:28, 31 July 2013 • Please sign your posts with ~~~~
- I see a portrait and hero icon? Perhaps I'm misunderstanding you, could you give examples of what you're looking for from other hero pages? 220.127.116.11 13:32, 31 July 2013 (UTC)
I think this can be part of the trivia section. Whenever Abaddon kills Nyx he says "Another emissary of Nyx...Crushed." And his helmet clearly looks like a Nyx Assassin's head. That greatly suggests that his helmet was fashioned from the Nyx Assassin he killed 'before' he entered the war for the ancients. This same fact caused a channel on youtube that does the Lore of heroes to use it as their story material: Abaddon Lore. This is further alluded to by the fact that Nyx himself says "I despised you since the birth of my whole entire caste." whenever he kills Abaddon. — The preceding unsigned comment was added by Garnetinvoker (talk) • (contribs) 03:00, 9 August 2013 • Please sign your posts with ~~~~
- It's baseless speculation that I deconstructed here, and removed from this page before as well. Until we get some actual tangible lore on the matter, whether they be via items, comics or videos, or via voicelines that are more than one off kill lines, it's a very, very weak 'connection' with almost nothing to it.
- Also keep in mind that a random YouTube channel using this 'idea' as story material does not increase the validity of this fan theory in any way, shape, or form.
- Unrelated to the topic, don't forget to sign your comments on Talk Pages using ~~~~. - Hefaistus 15:42, 14 September 2013 (UTC)
Carry? You have to be joking.
Abaddon is listed as a Carry here. This information is misleading at best, straight up false at worst. I think that this page makes the best case for why he is not a carry at all. — The preceding unsigned comment was added by 18.104.22.168 (talk) • (contribs) 15:12, 30 August 2013 • Please sign your posts with ~~~~
- The roles we list used to be what was set in-game (i.e. they were never the opinion of the Wiki / members of the Wiki, only what the game said), though it seems Valve have removed all the role listings for Abaddon since he was added so I will correct the Wiki accordingly. -RJ 13:21, 30 August 2013 (UTC)
He fits any role aside initiator
On a personal opinion I beg to differ, I think the reason valve didn't specify his role is because he fits into almost any role to begin with. His spells simply complement a lot of roles together. He may not make a good hardcore late game carry but I'm sure he makes a fine mid game semi carry with a lot of chasing and diving power if that is the role a player decides to take with him. — The preceding unsigned comment was added by Garnetinvoker (talk) • (contribs) 10:17, 31 August 2013 • Please sign your posts with ~~~~
Aphotic Shield's detonation and Borrowed Time..
- "If under the effects of Borrowed Time, Abaddon's own Aphotic Shield will not burst."
This is my wording, but it implies the same thing as the previous (sloppier) revision. My question is.. what does this actually mean? Does this mean that Abaddon's Aphotic Shield will only detonate because of the buff ending? I don't see any mechanical reason that Borrowed Time would extend the buff past it's duration. This vagueness leads me to question whether or not it is even true. Perhaps the Aphotic Shield is simply not bursting because less damage is being done, and the editor was mistaken? Can anyone confirm this? ASassyDog (talk) 23:43, 23 September 2013 (UTC)
Borrowed Time and Rupture
I've seen that Abaddon will lose HP even when Borrowed time is activated under Rupture. Am I mistaken? Seems like the tip regarding Rupture is implying that Abaddon can heal from Rupture using Borrowed Time. HP removal doesn't heal Abaddon even when Borrowed Time activates. --Garnetinvoker (talk) 11:08, 28 September 2013 (UTC)
Does the Agha scepter upgraded Burrowed Time 35% redirected amount of damage is calculated before any reduction ?
Does this calculation more like Medusa's damage reduction or bb/kunkka/io/spectre 's one ?
if two or more damage reduction mechanics present at the same time, does they stacks as a sum of them or as calculated by one by one subtractively? for example
damage : 100 damage reduction 1 : 40% damage reduction 2 : 20%
100 - (100 * 0.4) - (100 * 0.2)
[100 - (100 * 0.4)] * 0.8
Litzschbot changed abaddon turn rate at this update https://dota2.gamepedia.com/index.php?title=Abaddon&diff=1685678&oldid=1685676
I didnt found any change log documenting this and look like 0.6 was he turn rate for a long date. I dont know how to test it so can anyone confirm it or know where we can document this change. Ravor (talk) 03:24, 2 June 2018 (UTC)