Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
- greatly limits Sven's positioning, potentially wasting the duration of in a teamfight.
- makes it hard for Sven to fight Clockwerk in his .
- Clockwerk's forces Sven to avoid attacking while inside , effectively rendering him useless for a few seconds.
- Against her , Sven is barely able to hit Enchantress without using his .
- goes through Sven's .
- Lifestealer excels at killing high health heroes with , and Sven is no exception.
- stops Storm Hammer from hitting Lifestealer.
- and helps Lifestealer survive against Sven's high physical damage.
- nullifies Sven's bonus physical damage during God's Strength and also slowing him.
- can be a problem for Sven, as he is a high health hero, and an easy target for (provided that Sven's hasn't been activated or is on cooldown).
- Somewhat like Necrophos, Pugna can save himself or his allies with , neutralizing the bonus physical damage from God's Strength.
- He can also cast this ability on Sven, provided the latter hasn't activated his beforehand.
- prevents Sven from hitting Phantom Assassin consistently, and forces him to rush a .
- saps Sven's insane attack damage, and goes through .
- can slow Sven's already abysmal attack speed.
- negate's Sven's massive damage during God's Strength.
- Sniper's long-range allows him to harass Sven endlessly in lane, as well as stay out of his reach in team fights.
- slows Sven's movement and attack speed greatly.
- hinders Sven's low movement speed, and can be an easy tool to escape against his high damage.
- makes it harder for Sven to burst down Spectre in one on one fights, and can reflect Sven's high damage back to him or his nearby teammates.
- and disables Sven's .
- 's pure damage ignores Sven's high armor.
- 's blind makes Sven nearly useless in the early game and allows Troll Warlord to him on comfortably.
- Trollwarlord can build , whitch goes through Sven's and can stun him repeatedly during God's Strength.
- Venomancer forces Sven to choose between using his or getting constantly slowed by his poison.
- and s are very effective at harassing Sven in lane.
- saves any ally Sven initiates on and wastes the duration of God's Strength in team fights.
- can be devastating to Sven's team, as his massive damage can take out a teammate before there is much time to react.
- helps Wraith King outlast Sven in fights, and wastes the duration of God's Strength.
- 's low cooldown allows Wraith King to stun Sven several times in a team fight.
- In general, any hero that can stun, root or slow will give Sven a difficult time in teamfights.
- blind can keep Sven from landing hits. 's AoE
- and are used to kite Sven, also can save allies from Storm Hammer.
- disjoints Storm Hammer in quick hands.
- and allow for great control of the Sven. As a strength hero Sven seldom builds .
- neuters Sven's main damage source during a teamfight.
- roots the Sven to the ground making him an easy target.
- reflects Sven's massive damage, recommended for beefy heroes or in combination with .
- disables Sven completely.
- negates Sven's initiations with Storm Hammer.
- make Sven miss attacks without .
- Anti-Mage is fairly fragile, and cannot stand against Sven in a prolonged fight.
- Sven's and low base mana protects against .
- Great Cleave destroys the illusions from Anti-Mage's .
- Great Cleave clears Spiderlings quickly to increase gold income.
- Warcry shields Sven and his allies against Broodmother and her Spiderlings.
- Great Cleave is very effective against Chaos Knight's illusions.
- Storm Hammer's radius can catch all of Chaos Knight's illusions at once, especially after .
- Warcry shields Sven and his teammates against Chaos Knight's burst physical damage.
- Great Cleave quickly destroys Chen's creeps in team fights, before they have a chance to do much.
- God's Strength allows Sven to take down Death Prophet quickly, reducing the damage dealt over time from .
- Warcry's shield is very useful for Sven and his teammates against , which deals physical damage.
- generally does not impede Sven in any way, provided he has activated God's Strength beforehand.
- Great Cleave will devastate Meepo's clones. Against a closely packed group, Sven does not even need to target the clone with the lowest health.
- Warcry's shields protects Sven and his teammates from .
- Sven's blocks most of Pangolier's skills.
- Great Cleave and God's Strength cuts through Phantom Lancer's illusions in no time.
- Storm Hammer's AoE stun will hit Phantom Lancer and his illusions.
- With God's Strength, Warlock's Golem goes down in a matter of seconds. The two weaker golems granted by will fare worse due to Great Cleave hitting both.
- Heroes who depends on illusions and summons: , , ,
- Fragile supports who die in a few hits against Sven's high physical damage: ,
- 's illusions will be cleared quickly by Great Cleave.
Works well with...
- Crystal Maiden's and numerous slows make it easy for Sven to catch up to enemies.
- helps to compensate for Sven's low manapool.
- A and Storm Hammer combo can stun the whole enemy team with good cooperation.
- makes Sven much harder to kite.
- A well positioned could result in a team wipe for Sven's team, due to the AoE damage from Storm Hammer and Great Cleave.
- and sets Sven up for easy ganks anywhere on the map. This is effective against single targets because Sven can burst them down without being disabled by the enemy's teammates.
- makes Sven hit faster, increasing his damage output. The damage reduction, combined with Warcry, will make Sven tough to kill.
- and gives Sven plenty of time to beat down the enemy.
- gives Sven additional cleave and damage.
- A well-positioned allows Sven to devastate multiple opponents with God's Strength and Great Cleave. He can also prolong the disable with Storm Hammer.
- and dispels most disables, making Sven unstoppable in teamfights.
- and gives Sven plenty of time to destroy the enemy.