- greatly limits Sven's positioning, potentially wasting the duration of in a teamfight.
- makes it hard for Sven to fight Clockwerk in his .
- Clockwerk's forces Sven to avoid attacking while inside , effectively rendering him useless for a few seconds.
- Lifestealer excels at killing high health heroes with , and Sven is no exception.
- stops Storm Hammer from hitting Lifestealer.
- and helps Lifestealer survive against Sven's high physical damage.
- Pugna can save allies with both healing or by making them ethereal.
- saps Sven's insane attack damage, and goes through .
- can heal allies while dealing pure damage to Sven.
- can remove Storm Hammer's debuff immediately or make it a very mediocre stun.
- negate's Sven's massive damage during God's Strength.
- hinders Sven's low movement speed, and can be an easy tool to escape against his high damage.
- makes it harder for Sven to burst down Spectre in one on one fights, and can reflect Sven's high damage back to him or his nearby teammates.
- and disables Sven's .
- 's pure damage ignores Sven's high armor.
- Spectre should not attempt to stand up to a full slotted Sven, since she will get shredded.
- 's blind makes Sven nearly useless in the early game and allows Troll Warlord to him on comfortably.
- will mean Sven will never take Troll out in a 1vs1 with equal farm.
- will make Sven a very easy kill if he gets it of on him.
- Terrorblade likes to go late game with his high attack damage, range and agility items.
- Sven has no easy way to burn charges and needs help from teammates to kill TA successfully.
- Venomancer forces Sven to choose between using his or getting constantly slowed by his poison.
- saves any ally Sven initiates on and wastes the duration of God's Strength in team fights.
- can be devastating to Sven's team, as his massive damage can take out a teammate before there is much time to react.
- helps Wraith King outlast Sven in fights, and wastes the duration of God's Strength.
- 's low cooldown allows Wraith King to stun Sven several times in a team fight.
- Some heroes, such as can be an issue if not initiated onto by Sven first.
- In general, any hero that can stun, root or slow will give Sven a difficult time in teamfights.
- blind can keep Sven from landing hits. 's AoE
- and are used to kite Sven, also can save allies from Storm Hammer.
- disjoints Storm Hammer in quick hands.
- and allow for great control of the Sven. As a strength hero Sven seldom builds .
- neuters Sven's main damage source during a teamfight.
- roots the Sven to the ground making him an easy target.
- reflects Sven's massive damage, recommended for beefy heroes or in combination with .
- disables Sven completely.
- negates Sven's initiations with Storm Hammer.
- make Sven miss attacks without .
- disables Sven even with spell immunity.
- Anti-Mage is fairly fragile, and cannot stand against Sven in a prolonged fight.
- Sven's and low base mana protects against .
- Great Cleave destroys the illusions from Anti-Mage's .
- Although Sven should be careful as a well-timed can block and reflect Storm Hammer.
- Great Cleave clears Spiderlings quickly to increase gold income.
- Warcry shields Sven and his allies against Broodmother and her Spiderlings.
- Great Cleave is very effective against Chaos Knight's illusions.
- Storm Hammer's radius can catch all of Chaos Knight's illusions at once, especially after .
- Warcry shields Sven and his teammates against Chaos Knight's burst physical damage.
- Great Cleave quickly destroys Chen's creeps in team fights, before they have a chance to do much.
- God's Strength allows Sven to take down Death Prophet quickly, reducing the damage dealt over time from .
- Warcry's shield is very useful for Sven and his teammates against , which deals physical damage.
- generally does not impede Sven in any way, provided he has activated God's Strength beforehand.
- Great Cleave will devastate Meepo's clones. Against a closely packed group, Sven does not even need to target the clone with the lowest health.
- Warcry's shields protects Sven and his teammates from .
- Sven's blocks most of Pangolier's skills.
- Great Cleave and God's Strength cuts through Phantom Lancer's illusions in no time.
- Storm Hammer's AoE stun will hit Phantom Lancer and his illusions.
- With God's Strength, Warlock Golem goes down in a matter of seconds. The two weaker golems granted by will fare worse due to Great Cleave hitting both.
- Storm Hammer upgraded with level 15 talent dispels .
- Heroes who depends on illusions and summons: , , , .
- Fragile supports who die in a few hits against Sven's high physical damage: , , .
- 's illusions will be cleared quickly by Great Cleave.
- 's summons will be quickly disposed off by Great Cleave.
Works well with...
- Crystal Maiden's and numerous slows make it easy for Sven to catch up to enemies.
- helps to compensate for Sven's low manapool.
- A and Storm Hammer combo can stun the whole enemy team with good cooperation.
- makes Sven much harder to kite.
- A well positioned could result in a team wipe for Sven's team, due to the AoE damage from Storm Hammer and Great Cleave.
- and sets Sven up for easy ganks anywhere on the map. This is effective against single targets because Sven can burst them down without being disabled by the enemy's teammates.
- makes Sven hit faster, increasing his damage output. The damage reduction, combined with Warcry, will make Sven tough to kill.
- and gives Sven plenty of time to beat down the enemy.
- gives Sven additional cleave and damage.
- A well-positioned allows Sven to devastate multiple opponents with God's Strength and Great Cleave. He can also prolong the disable with Storm Hammer.
- and dispels most disables, making Sven unstoppable in teamfights.
- and gives Sven plenty of time to destroy the enemy.
- Heroes with lengthy stuns or roots will synergize well with Sven.
- Heroes with little armor but high health will benefit most from Warcry, becoming much more resilient: , , .