Audio migration in progress. Some responses pages / audio files may have broken file links.
|One man's wine barrel bottom is another man's shield.|
Proc Chance: 50%
Blocked Damage (Melee): 20
Blocked Damage (Ranged): 9
- Does not work against wards ( , , ).
- Does not reduce physical damage from spells, except from and .
- Multiple instances of Damage Block from Stout Shields do not stack.
- Stacks with all other sources of Damage Block.
- Damage Block uses pseudo-random distribution.
- For more details, see Damage Block.
- Axe's high natural health regeneration combined with Stout Shield makes him much tougher in lane, especially after picking up another health regeneration item.
- Stout Shield's damage block keeps Spirit Breaker alive when charging into enemy lines, where he often takes damage from multiple sources.
- still triggers after Stout Shield's damage block, making Timbersaw extremely resilient in lane.
- Melee carries who need extra protection from harassment in lane can benefit from a Stout Shield.
- Useful for tanking creep attacks as a melee hero, and more effective than a against enemy physical attacks in the early game.
- In The Lab, a VR game by Valve, there are some Bendie soldiers who wield Stout Shields in the minigame Longshot, along with other Dota 2 weapons like Axe's war axe, Huskar's spear and Legion Commander's sword.