From Dota 2 Wiki
| Stout Shield|
|One man's wine barrel bottom is another man's shield.|
Proc Chance: 50%
Blocked Damage (Melee): 18
Blocked Damage (Ranged): 9
- Axe's high natural health regeneration combined with Stout Shield makes him much tougher in lane, especially after picking up another health regeneration item.
- Stout Shield's damage block keeps Spirit Breaker alive when charging into enemy lines, where he often takes damage from multiple sources.
- still triggers after Stout Shield's damage block, making Timbersaw extremely resilient in lane.
- Ursa generally needs a Stout Shield to jungle effectively.
- Melee carries who need extra protection from harassment in lane can benefit from a Stout Shield.
- Useful for tanking creep attacks as a melee hero, and more effective than a against enemy physical attacks in the early game.
- In The Lab, a VR game by Valve, there are some Bendie soldiers who wield Stout Shields in the minigame Longshot, along with other Dota 2 weapons like Axe's war axe, Huskar's spear and Legion Commander's sword.