Raijin Thunderkeg, the Storm Spirit, is a ranged intelligence hero who wields the elemental power of lightning. He has high mobility, strong ganking and carrying potential, and very good synergy between his hero abilities.
Static Remnant creates an immobile clone of himself that, upon contact with an enemy, shocks all enemies in a small area for damage. It has a very low cooldown, making it a good farming skill. Electric Vortex binds an enemy to himself, drawing it in slowly; at higher levels of the skill, it will always be able to pull the target into a Static Remnant. Overload further supplements this combo by harnessing the excess charge whenever Raijin casts a spell, adding it in the form of magical damage to his next attack and zapping enemies in a radius around the target. Finally, Storm Spirit's ultimate and signature skill is Ball Lightning, in which he transforms into pure energy, sacrificing his own mana to dash quickly around the map in an invulnerable state, inflicting minor damage to foes he impacts as well as giving him an Overload charge. It can be used to initiate and escape long distances with ease.
Since his ultimate disjoints enemy projectiles and has no cooldown, he can prove to be one of the most slippery foes in the game, provided that he has enough mana regeneration to sustain it and/or the enemy team does not have strong disables such as stuns and silences. However, without proper mana management, he will run out of juice very quickly and become a sitting duck. While extremely vulnerable early game before he acquires his ultimate, once he does so, if he gets a few quick kills and some mana-sustaining items, he will become an unstoppable force of nature.
- Static Remnant interrupts Storm Spirit's channeling spells upon cast.
- After a remnant is placed, it takes 1 second for it to be able to explode and deal damage.
- When a remnant expires, it still explodes and deals damage around it.
- Remnant can be triggered by invisible units and deal damage to them.
- The remnants are visible on the minimap with the same color as Radiant/Dire units, not the color of the player.
- Remnants provide 500 range flying vision at their location for their duration or until detonating.
- Electric Vortex pulls affected units at a speed of 128.57/122.22/118.18/115.38 ( 94.74/95.65/96.3/96.77).
- If the affected unit gets affected by another source of horrizontal forced movement, it stops pulling, and continues as soon as the other source expires.
- This means, unlike other forced movement effects, Electric Vortex is not canceled by them, but temporarily stopped instead.
- If the target gets moved more than 1200 range away from the original cast location, the link breaks immediately.
- The upgraded version still uses the same cast time.
- Multiple casts on the same target refresh the pull duration, and reset the pull distance, but do not update the pull location.
( fully affects spell immune enemies.)
- Using items does not trigger Overload.
- The bonus damage is dealt in a separate damage instance, and counts as spell damage.
- The slow and damage are applied to all enemy units within the radius around the attacked target.
- On the primary target, the attack first applies the debuff, then its own damage.
- On secondary targets, it first applies the damage, then the debuff.
- The charge is released upon successfully hitting a target. If the attack misses or is disjointed, nothing happens.
- Each attack checks for the buff on Storm Spirit upon successfully hitting the target. If the buff is present, the charge is released.
- This means when Storm Spirit gains the buff while an attack projectile is flying, that attack still releases the charge when it hits.
- Ball Lightning disjoints projectiles upon cast.
- Storm Spirit is invulnerable during Ball Lightning.
- Storm Spirit can turn, cast spells, use items and attack during Ball Lightning.
- Recasting Ball Lightning during Ball Lightning has no effect, but is still registered as cast, proccing on-cast effects (the activation mana cost gets refunded).
- If Storm Spirit runs out of mana while traveling, he stops immediately.
- Ball Lightning destroys trees within 100 radius of Storm Spirit while traveling.
- Provides 400 radius flying vision around Storm Spirit during Ball Lightning.
- Drains Storm Spirit's mana after every 100 range traveled, resulting in 0.08/0.05/0.04 second intervals.
- The spell's tooltip mana cost shows the current initial mana cost of the spell based on Storm Spirit's current maximum mana pool.
- The damage of Ball Lightning works identical to shockwave-based spells (like e.g. Magnus'
), with Storm Spirit acting as the projectile.
- This means it applies its damage instantly on enemies getting within range, and an enemy can only be damaged once per cast.
- Unlike a regular shockwave spell, Ball Lightning's damage increases based on how far the projectile (Storm Spirit) has traveled.
- The damage increases by 8/12/16 per 100 units, so for the first 99 units, it deals 0 damage within its entire radius.
- This means if Storm Spirit zips up to 99 range directly towards an enemy, it does not get damaged when within 299 range of the starting location (99 distance + damage radius).
- This is how much damage Ball Lightning can deal around Storm Spirit at certain travel distances (before reductions):
- 500 Distance: 40/60/80 damage (90 + 11.5% of max mana)
- 1000 Distance: 80/120/160 damage (150 + 15% of max mana)
- 2500 Distance: 200/300/400 damage (330 + 25.5% of max mana)
- 5000 Distance: 400/600/800 damage (630 + 43% of max mana)
- 10000 Distance: 800/1200/1600 damage (1230 + 78% of max mana)
- When the talent is chosen, a
is automatically dropped every 500 range Storm Spirit travels.
- These remnants do not cost any mana and do not prevent Storm Spirit from manually casting Static Remnant during Ball Lightning.
|500 Distance Autoin||25||Pierces Immunity|
|+30 Attack Speed||20||+0.5s|
|+3 Mana Regen||10||+30Damage|
- The health talent increases maximum health capacity, and keeps the current health percentage.
- regenerates health so Storm Spirit can trade hits better.
- also restores health in lane.
- allows Storm Spirit to replenish his mana so he can use Static Remnant more.
- gives cheap attributes and can regenerate more health from Tango.
- gives burst mana for Storm Spirit to use Static Remnant.
- can give Storm Spirit a quick burst of mana and health when needed. This can help give Storm the extra bit he needs to survive and escape a gank, or enough to cast one more spell to finish off a foe.
- are important on all heroes as early as possible. For Storm Spirit, the ability to outmaneuver his lane opponent is crucial to victory.
- gives Storm Spirit a good balance of attributes, most importantly intelligence and damage for more mana and last-hitting power. Depending on the situation, two Null Talismans can be useful for giving Storm good early attributes.
- is crucial to obtain early when playing in the mid lane. Bottling runes allows Storm Spirit to maintain his HP and mana against his lane opponent, and the runes themselves can be put to use at a time of the player's choosing, making it an extremely potent item at all stages of the game.
- is a cheap upgrade from Magic Stick which provides very cost effective attributes, as well as additional burst HP and mana regen.
- give Storm Spirit the ability to treads switch, crucial when combined with a Bottle. The attribute bonus can be shifted between strength for more survivability, or intelligence for more mana and attack damage.
- reduces the cost of Storm Spirit's abilities allowing them to be cast more in the mid game as well as amping spell damage.
- gives Storm Spirit many strong benefits, allowing him to become a force to be reckoned with by any foe. The large HP and mana bonuses make Storm Spirit much more survivable and allow him to cast his spells more profligately, and the bonus mana regen allows him to be active on the map for extended periods of time. If it can be built early and multiple charges obtained, Storm Spirit can quickly snowball out of control and dominate the battlefield.
- is extremely strong on Storm Spirit, as it greatly magnifies his offensive potential. The intelligence and mana regen bonus allow him to remain relatively autonomous when roaming the battlefield, giving him the mana to engage on enemies. The damage and attack speed bonuses, combined with the intelligence bonus, increase Storm's right-click power, allowing him to use his physical attacks to greater effect. Most importantly, the active allows Storm Spirit to silence enemies that he initiates on with Ball Lightning, magnifying the amount of damage he deals due to the damage amplification, as well as preventing targets from simply using their escape spells. Later you can upgrade your Malevolence into a .
- is a very strong item to purchase on any intelligence hero, and is good on Storm Spirit for all the same reasons as Orchid Malevolence. The item grants a strong intelligence and mana regeneration boost, making Storm extremely mana-independent, and the bonus strength and agility shore up his weaknesses in those areas as well. The active ability allows Storm Spirit to instantly disable an enemy during an initiation, and more than double up on the time that the enemy is hard-disabled when combined with Electric Vortex.
- gives Storm Spirit attributes across the board and increased mana regen, as well as a very strong survivability passive. Spellblock can block targeted disables, making him much harder to catch out of position and an extremely slippery foe.
- is useful when the enemy team has numerous disables that they can use to catch and kill Storm Spirit. The spell immunity can be used during a fight to focus down enemies without fear of being stunned or silenced.
- gives Intelligence, armor, and a giant slow that is useful for teamfights. It can be a strong item if Storm Spirit needs survivability against physical damage instead of against disables.
- accuracy, allowing Storm Spirit to melt his targets. 's active ability guarantees critical damage and
- can be a situationally strong item if Storm Spirit needs more single-target killing power and already has a strong advantage over the enemy team. The item itself provides more intelligence, and the active can put more damage on an enemy in order to accelerate the amount of time required to kill them.
- can be a good item to purchase on Storm Spirit. The bonuses it grants are powerful on any intelligence hero, and the spell lifesteal can allow Storm to maintain his HP pool by using his spells, making him harder to bring down in fights if the enemy is able to damage him. More importantly though, the cooldown reduction can greatly improve Storm's turnaround time, as his spells and items become ready for use faster; in particular, the reduced cooldown on Static Remnant can allow for greater damage output and more Overload procs.
|Roles:||Carry Escape Nuker Initiator Disabler|
|Playstyle:||In a final act of desperation, the elementalist Thunderkeg cast a suicidal spell that merged his being with the Storm Celestial. From this fusion, the Storm Spirit was born. Now known by his combined name, Raijin Thunderkeg leaves behind crackling images of himself, boastful poses that shock foes as he pulls them into his Electric Vortex. Every ability Overloads him with energy, which he gleefully discharges on the next unfortunate target. Like a jolly weatherman, Raijin forecasts victory with a boisterous laugh. The Storm Spirit flashes across the land in the form of Ball Lightning, zaps his enemies senseless, and zips away before any can hope to catch him.|
- Storm Spirit, like Pandaren are a race of in the Warcraft Universe. , and , was a Pandaren in DotA. He was re-skinned to avoid copyright issues with Blizzard, since
- The line ▶️ I'll spirit you away!, as well as him muttering Spirit... Away... when he dies may be a reference to the film Spirited Away.
- Storm Spirit's speech is very similar to Ninjor, a character from the Power Rangers franchise, whose voice acting is largely based on the character Dudley Do-Right, from the Dudley Do-Right Show.
- has an equivalent in Heroes of Newerth called "Stormspirit".