|usually serves as an initiator/ganker/tank role in the team. His skillset requires player to check for any ganking opportunity across the map, while helping his team secure space and farm. If he does so, a successful early-mid game Spirit Breaker can snowball into a semi-carry and crush his foes, carving a path to victory for his team.|
|Generic Spirit Breaker|
|+40 Damage||15||+12 Health Regen|
|+5 Armor||10||+600 Night Vision|
- The night vision talent does not counter any vision reducing effect.
- This attack damage talent is added as raw attack damage, so it does not benefit illusions, and is not affected by most percentage-based damage increasing or reducing effects.
- The health talent increases maximum health capacity, and keeps the current health percentage.
Tips & Tactics
- Chaining together Charge of Darkness with Nether Strike can deal high amounts of burst damage in a very short amount of time.
- Spirit Breaker has little teamfight presence due to his specialized abilities, but he can still be useful at neutralizing targets and forcing enemies back.
- When charging enemy heroes in mid game, make sure that they are alone. A lone enemy may wait out in the open while their ally hides in the trees, waiting for you to charge the bait hero, and be ganked. Therefore, can reduce uncertainty before charging.
- Despite being classified as an initiator Spirit Breaker is more of a hunter who takes out lone targets or chases down fleeing enemy heroes after a team fight. To actually initiate you will either need an so that your ultimate has an AoE presence which in turn weakens your carry potential, or use Charge of Darkness in a way that would let you bowl through all of the enemy team heroes (such as aiming for the farthest enemy hero while the enemy team is standing close to a line formation).
- Because triggers on cast, Charge of Darkness can be used to instantly and globally put an enemy's sphere on cooldown.
- Spirit Breaker's abilities allow him to keep stunning a single target, controlling them during long teamfights.
- Due to the massive speed boost Spirit Breaker receives while charging, he can catch up to a team fight quickly, even from across the map. While preparing for a team fight, you might want to stand at the back of your team and let your allies begin to draw out disables and initiation spells from the enemy, then use Charge of Darkness on your target. This will disorient the enemy team, as you are likely to be hitting a few of them on the way to your target. In addition, they will be left with no disables to stop you, as they might have used them already on your teammates.
- Use Charge of Darkness to get close, stun your target, and make him vulnerable to your attacks.
- can be used without interrupting your charge, activate it just when you get close to the enemy to take advantage of its duration during the fight.
- can also be activated while charging, greatly increasing the surprise factor of his charge and preventing enemies from easily interrupting the charge (like with ). In addition, the Shadow Blade's bonus damage will be applied to the first attack from invisibility.
- Charge of Darkness allows Spirit Breaker to run through units, trees, structures and terrain. It does not indicate to your enemies when they're targeted either, letting you set up ganks.
- Although Charge of Darkness is typically used to get into fights, it can also be used to get back out in a pinch; by targeting a creep in a different lane Spirit Breaker can move quickly to avoid death, then cancel the charge when he is out of danger.
- While it does not provide True Sight, the indicator will follow the invisible unit being charged and the charge will still hit an enemy that has gone invisible after being charged. This will cause the ability to interrupt channeling spells being performed by invisible heroes such as 's .
- During teamfights, you can spam Charge of Darkness in order to create chaos and disrupt your opponents' formation, so try to target the backliners in order to get the most stuns possible.
- Use Charge of Darkness to stomp and clear creeps.
- Spirit Breaker can use Bulldoze while charging, increasing his movement speed, thus allowing Greater Bash to deal more damage.
- Bulldoze's bonus status resistance helps Spirit Breaker tank enemy disables after he has initiated on them with Charge of Darkness.
- Greater Bash deals more damage depending on Spirit Breaker's movement speed. Getting items that increase movement speed, such as , will improve your damage.
- Always try to angle Spirit Breaker in a way that you may push your enemy away from safety, the chances that you will get multiple bashes are slim but should still be considered.
- Nether Strike deals major damage to the target enemy and teleports behind them, wherever they go. You can use this to catch blinking or teleporting enemies before they get away.
- Sometimes it might be a good idea to use Nether Strike on a spell immune hero to interrupt their actions as the greater bash will hit them regardless. For example, if your team gets caught in a by a spell immune , you can turn the tide of the fight if you can stop him right at the beginning.
- Avoid stealing kills from your carries. Try not to use Nether Strike when the enemy is already doomed.
- helps Spirit Breaker sustain during the laning phase, preventing him from returning to base due to enemy harassment.
- restores health as well.
- harassing consistently. will greatly reduce incoming damage from physical damage during the laning phase. This is most helpful when the lane has one or more ranged heroes
- is a cheap and effective way to improve Spirit Breaker's low mana pool, as well as his health pool.
- are essential for Spirit Breaker, as the improved speed will allow him to escape deadly situations, as well as catching up to an escaping enemy. The bonus movement speed will also provide additional damage because of Greater Bash.
- is a useful burst health/mana item if the enemies in lane will be casting many spells. It can later be built into a .
- aids ganking as it grants mana regeneration and healing. The damage over time can also cancel enemy healing items like and .
- give attack speed, so Spirit Breaker will have a better chance proccing Greater Bash.
- is good for burst health/mana while providing a boost to his attributes compared to the .
- gives bonus attack speed and movement speed when activate, increasing both the damage and frequency of Greater Bash attacks.
- makes you immune to many abilities that interrupt your Charge of Darkness, allowing you to engage and damage your target unimpeded.
- will give Spirit Breaker a large increase in attack speed, as well as providing an attack speed/armor aura to nearby allies. The extra attack speed will cause Greater Bash to occur more often.
- grants you invisibility which could be useful for escape or to further increase your ganking/roaming capabilities. Attacking to break invisibility will disable enemy passives, reduce their damage, and give you a powerful 175 damage strike. It also grants a decent amount of attack speed, attack damage and attribute bonuses, it can also be used during charge before hitting your target in order to avoid getting disabled and thus avoiding breaking your charge.
- improves Nether Strike by greatly reducing its cooldown, as well as increasing its range. It also causes all nearby units to be hit by Greater Bash. This can be a good choice if your team needs a powerful initiation spell or as a counter to Meepo.
- status resistance, its active ability can disarm enemy carries relying on physical attacks. will not only increase Spirit Breaker's durability because of the added evasion and
- lifesteal given by , making it a useful purchase when used correctly. grants Spirit Breaker additional attack speed and damage output at the cost of his health every second. However, the life drain can mostly be mitigated by the
- increases attacks damage and allows Spirit Breaker to hit enemies with evasion.
- increases the movement speed and attack speed of both himself and his team. The bonus movement speed and attack speed synergize well with Greater Bash.
- gives Spirit Breaker the largest single-item-slot increase in attack speed in the entire game, which causes Greater Bash to occur very frequently. Thus, it should be considered to keep it through the majority of the game until a more effective item can be purchased, at which point the Shard can be consumed and replaced - The attack speed bonus will be halved, but having a permanent 60 attack speed bonus without needing an inventory slot for it is extremely useful.
- gives you good survivability stats and mana regen to allow you to use Charge of Darkness with little need to ever return to base for more mana. Its active will also make your initiation abilities stronger as spellcasters will need to think twice before attacking to nuke you or shut you down.