- attack animation. will continiously prevent Spirit Breaker from using Nether Strike, Charge of Darkness and even right clicking because of his long
- can be used to cancel Charge of Darkness.
- combined with cancels Charge of Darkness and Nether Strike from long range.
- Ember Spirit can use to instantly escape when he sees approaching Spirit Breaker.
- can be used to protect allies by imprisoning either them or Spirit Breaker.
- will heavily drain Spirit Breaker's intelligence, rendering him almost useless and unable to cast spells. Spirit Breaker's low intelligence also means will deal a lot of damage to him.
- prevents Spirit Breaker from using his spells for the duration.
- Eidolons have high magic resistance, receiving little damage from Charge of Darkness.
- allows Invoker to cancel Charge of Darkness and Nether Strike.
- can be used from long range to cancel Charge of Darkness.
- proccing his Greater Bash. prevents Spirit Breaker from right clicking and thus
- If Medusa activates the charge will inevitably fail.
- and overall tankiness allows Medusa to easily survive Spirit Breaker’s initiation.
- prevents/interrupts Charge of Darkness.
- As a single target focused hero without much damage output, Spirit Breaker is ineffective in general against Meepo.
- Due to Spirit Breaker's low attack speed, is problematic for Spirit Breaker to take down, and even more so with debuff applied.
- grants Phoenix capability to quickly escape to safety.
- reduces damage bonus from Greater Bash, but cannot remove by Nether Strike.
- melts Spirit Breaker's armor, and makes him much less tanky.
- makes it hard for Spirit Breaker to catch Razor.
- can mitigate a large portion of Spirit Breaker's damage since his attacks are slow.
- Treant Protector can also counter initiate Spirit Breaker with and his bash from before he manages to escape.
- can be cast on an area, that Spirit Breaker has to cross to finish his Charge of Darkness, to cancel it.
- provides a way to escape from a Spirit Breaker gank for Underlord as well as his teammates.
- Due to Spirit Breaker's low attack speed, is problematic for Spirit Breaker to take down.
- and allows Undying and his allies to survive from incoming ganks of Spirit Breaker.
- Heroes that can cancel Charge of Darkness: ( , .
- Heroes with ways to protect themselves or allies from Spirit Breaker's initiation: ( , )
- Heroes that punish mobile heroes: ( , )
- Heroes with as core item: , ,
- Durable heroes: , , ,
- Heroes who continue damaging while being stunned: , , , , ,
- Heroes has slows: , , ,
- (and its upgrade ) prevents Spirit Breaker from right clicking and bashing you.
- can be used on yourself or Spirit Breaker to cancel Charge of Darkness and Nether Strike.
- , , , and (and its upgrade ) interrupt Charge of Darkness.
- can prevent Spirit Breaker from right clicking and bashing.
- can prevent Charge of Darkness and Nether Strike.
- Anti-Mage usually relies on to escape, but with vision from Charge of Darkness it is easier to catch him.
- Spirit Breaker could single-handedly lock Anti-Mage down for 4 seconds (or even more with lucky bashes), allowing his teammates to follow up.
- As Anti-Mage is an elusive hero who likes to farm alone, Spirit Breaker could choose to charge whenever Anti-Mage is in sight.
- Once caught with dust, Clinkz could be locked down for a long time by Spirit Breaker and has nowhere to escape.
- Charge of Darkness provides shared vision over its target, showing Clinkz even when he is in .
- Charge of Darkness allows Spirit Breaker to catch Nature's Prophet out when he tries to split push.
- Nature's Prophet can't hide in his against Spirit Breaker, as his Charge of Darkness provides vision on its target.
- Spirit Breaker can easily cancel Nature's Prophet's .
- Tinker relies on his high mobility from and to survive. Those items don't help him if Spirit Breaker manages to cast Charge of Darkness on him.
- Spirit Breaker can easily cancel and .
- Though Spirit Breaker can't fight Ursa toe to toe directly, his stuns could prevent Ursa from dealing damage during .
- Heroes that are squishy by nature are an easy target for Spirit Breaker: ,
- Charge of Darkness provides shared vision over its target, keeping track of heroes who rely on invisibility, mobility, or illusions: , ,
- Heroes that rely on escapes to stay alive can be caught and locked down for a long time: ,
- Spirit Breaker's stuns pierce spell immunity, making him a good choice against heroes that heavily rely on : ,
Works well with...
- amplifies Spirit breakers damage, giving him higher solo kill potential.
- reveals low health enemies, enabling Spirit Breaker to use Charge of Darkness to finish them off.
- enables Spirit Breaker to charge heroes that are outside of the team's field of vision, also granting gold for the rest of the team should the kill occur.
- Bounty Hunter usually scouts areas, hence he can find lone targets for Spirit Breaker to charge.
- gives Spirit Breaker extra attack speed and thus a higher chance to proc Greater Bash.
- can turn a Charge of Darkness into a three man gank.
- allows Lifestealer to come along when Spirit Breaker uses Charge of Darkness.
- With Lifestealer can an ally before infesting Spirit Breaker, turning a two man gank into a three man gank.
- allows Spirit Breaker to increase his movement and Charge of Darkness speed decreasing his target time to counter simultaneously increasing his damage.
- Heroes with attack speed buffs: ( , , ,
- Heroes that can give extra movement speed to Spirit Breaker: ( , )