- In early game, Omniknight can look like easy prey for Spirit Breaker but with and could quickly turn opportunity into disaster.
- Status resistance. can be used to counter Charge of Darkness by minimizing the damage and lowering stun duration with
- Attack animation will continiously prevent Spirit Breaker from using Nether Strike, Charge of Darkness and even right clicking because of his long
- Charge of Darkness can be cancelled by timed correctly .
- A combination of together with or just without and cancels out Charge of Darkness from long range.
- used to escape through approaching Spirit Breaker.
- Despite his stuns potential to be a problem, once he stuck in , Spirit Breaker is defenceless and useless for the duration like most heroes.
- His high base damage and survivability can match Spirit Breaker's strong laning stage.
- prevents Spirit Breaker to spam Charge of Darkness, his main source of contribution to the game.
- can be used to protect allies by imprisoning either them or Spirit Breaker.
- will heavily drain Spirit Breaker's intelligence, rendering him almost useless and unable to cast spells. Spirit Breaker's low intelligence also means will deal a lot of damage to him.
- prevents Spirit Breaker from using his spells for the duration.
- Eidolons have high magic resistance, receiving little damage from Charge of Darkness.
- allows Invoker to interrupt Charge of Darkness and Nether Strike.
- long range can be used to cancel Charge of Darkness.
- proccing his Greater Bash. prevents Spirit Breaker from right clicking and thus
- If Medusa activates the charge will inevitably fail.
- and overall tankiness allows Medusa to easily survive Spirit Breaker's initiation.
- root prevents/interrupts Charge of Darkness.
- As a single target focused hero without much damage output, Spirit Breaker is ineffective in general against Meepo. Consider upgrading Nether Strike with to spam AoE stuns against Meepo clones.
- Spirit Breaker relies on teammates to follow up on him, due to from being excellent and reducing his physical damage, it's very difficult to gank Razor.
- armor, and makes him much less tanky. melts Spirit Breaker's
- can mitigate a large portion of Spirit Breaker's damage since his attacks are slow.
- Treant Protector can also counter initiate Spirit Breaker with and his bash from before he manages to escape.
- can be cast on an area, that Spirit Breaker has to cross to finish his Charge of Darkness, to cancel it.
- provides a way to escape from a Spirit Breaker gank for Underlord as well as his teammates.
- Due to Spirit Breaker's low attack speed, is problematic for Spirit Breaker to take down.
- and allows Undying and his allies to survive from incoming ganks of Spirit Breaker.
- Heroes that can cancel Charge of Darkness: ( , .
- Heroes with ways to protect themselves or allies from Spirit Breaker's initiation: (
- Heroes that punish mobile heroes: ( , (
- Heroes that usually builds as a core item: , , , ,
- Durable heroes: , , ,
- Heroes who continue damaging while being stunned: , , , , ,
- Heroes that can slow Charge of Darkness by a huge amount: , , ,
- (and it's upgrade ) prevents Spirit Breaker from right clicking and bashing.
- can be used on yourself or Spirit Breaker to cancel Charge of Darkness and Nether Strike.
- , , , and (and its upgrade ) interrupt Charge of Darkness.
- can prevent Spirit Breaker from right clicking and bashing.
- blocks Charge of Darkness and Nether Strike.
- Anti-Mage usually relies on to escape, but with vision from Charge of Darkness it is easier to catch him.
- Spirit Breaker could single-handedly lock Anti-Mage down for 4 seconds (or even more with lucky bashes), allowing his teammates to follow up.
- As Anti-Mage is an elusive hero who likes to farm alone, Spirit Breaker could choose to charge whenever Anti-Mage is in sight.
- Once caught with dust, Clinkz could be locked down for a long time by Spirit Breaker and has nowhere to escape.
- Charge of Darkness provides shared vision over its target, showing Clinkz even when he is in .
- Ezalor has no abilities that allow him to trade with Spirit Breaker in the early game.
- Spirit Breaker's ideal kind of target is heroes at the back casting spells with not many items but key targets.
- lasts a very short amount of time each tick on Spirit Breaker while Bulldoze is active, meaning he can just walk out of it.
- Lifestealer cannot trade well in the laning stage against Spirit Breakers bash proc chance.
- is his only way of sustain, which Spirit Breaker can pierce and still stun him at any point of the game.
- Being stunned means Lifestealer cannot benefit from .
- Lastly, Bulldoze makes last a very short duration on Spirit Breaker during ganks if he chooses him.
- Charge of Darkness allows Spirit Breaker to catch Nature's Prophet out when he tries to split push.
- Nature's Prophet can't hide in his against Spirit Breaker, as his Charge of Darkness provides vision on its target.
- Spirit Breaker can easily cancel Nature's Prophet's .
- Spirit Breaker can easily cause problems for Phoenix in the early game and continue pursuit even if he dives away with .
- and could be an issue for Phoenix should he choose to disengage after using his spells.
- are rarely going to be a problem because Spirit Breaker relies on his abilities to keep units stunned for a long period of time and will have a shorter duration if Bulldoze is active.
- Bulldoze means Phoenix's debuffs won't last long on Spirit Breaker.
- Spirit Breaker may force out at a convenient time for his team.
- Bulldoze allows Spirit Breaker to not be affected for very long in the mid-game when Skywrath mage is at his strongest.
- is unlikely to kill Spirit Breaker from full HP.
- Skywrath Mage likes to be at the back casting spells. The best kind of target for Spirit Breaker to charge onto.
- Tinker relies on his high mobility from and to survive. Those items don't help him if Spirit Breaker manages to cast Charge of Darkness on him.
- Spirit Breaker can easily cancel and .
- Charge of Darkness and Netherstrike can keep Ursa in place for a long time or stop his team from helping him when he initiates.
- Spirit Breaker is very good in inclosed area fights, such as Roshan's pit.
- is very weak on level 1, however Greater Bash is not.
- Heroes that are squishy by nature are an easy target for Spirit Breaker: , ,
- Heroes that rely on invisibility can be tracked with Charge of Darkness opening them to team attacks: , ,
- Charge of Darkness provides shared vision over its target, keeping track of heroes who rely on invisibility, mobility, or illusions: , ,
- Heroes that rely on escapes to stay alive can be caught and locked down for a long time: ,
- Spirit Breaker's stuns pierce spell immunity, making him a good choice against heroes that heavily rely on ;
Works well with...
- amplifies Spirit breakers damage, giving him higher solo kill potential.
- reveals low health enemies, enabling Spirit Breaker to use Charge of Darkness to finish them off.
- enables Spirit Breaker to charge heroes that are outside of the team's field of vision, also granting gold for the rest of the team should the kill occur.
- Bounty Hunter usually scouts areas, hence he can find lone targets for Spirit Breaker to charge.
- gives Spirit Breaker extra attack speed and thus a higher chance to proc Greater Bash.
- can turn a Charge of Darkness into a three man gank.
- allows Lifestealer to come along when Spirit Breaker uses Charge of Darkness.
- With Lifestealer can an ally before infesting Spirit Breaker, turning a two man gank into a three man gank.
- allows Spirit Breaker to increase his movement and Charge of Darkness speed decreasing his target time to counter simultaneously increasing his damage.
- can be a very strong combo with Charge of Darkness in the early game.
- is much easier to use when a tanky hero is causing a distraction, which Spirit Breaker is very good at doing.
- Heroes with attack speed buffs: ( , , ,
- Heroes that can give extra movement speed to Spirit Breaker: ( , )