- attack animation. will continiously prevent Spirit Breaker from using Nether Strike, Charge of Darkness and even right clicking because of his long
- can be used to cancel Charge of Darkness.
- combined with cancels Charge of Darkness and Nether Strike from long range.
- Ember Spirit can use to instantly escape when he sees approaching Spirit Breaker.
- can be used to protect allies by imprisoning either them or Spirit Breaker.
- will heavily drain Spirit Breaker's intelligence, rendering him almost useless and unable to cast spells. Spirit Breaker's low intelligence also means will deal a lot of damage to him.
- prevents Spirit Breaker from using his spells for the duration.
- Eidolons have high magic resistance, receiving little damage from Charge of Darkness.
- allows Invoker to cancel Charge of Darkness and Nether Strike.
- can be used from long range to cancel Charge of Darkness.
- proccing his Greater Bash. prevents Spirit Breaker from right clicking and thus
- is useful for intercepting Spirit Breaker affected by Charge of Darkness, and if Luna can use it in anticipation, it can kill Spirit Breaker before he can even manage to disable Luna.
- From safe zones, Luna can use her to cancel Charge of Darkness.
- If Medusa activates the charge will inevitably fail.
- and overall tankiness allows Medusa to easily survive Spirit Breaker’s initiation.
- prevents/interrupts Charge of Darkness.
- As a single target focused hero without much damage output, Spirit Breaker is ineffective in general against Meepo.
- Due to Spirit Breaker's low attack speed, is problematic for Spirit Breaker to take down, and even more so with debuff applied.
- grants Phoenix capability to quickly escape to safety.
- reduces damage bonus from Greater Bash, but cannot remove by Nether Strike.
- melts Spirit Breaker's armor, and makes him much less tanky.
- makes it hard for Spirit Breaker to catch Razor.
- can mitigate a large portion of Spirit Breaker's damage since his attacks are slow.
- Treant Protector can also counter initiate Spirit Breaker with and his bash from before he manages to escape.
- can be cast on an area, that Spirit Breaker has to cross to finish his Charge of Darkness, to cancel it.
- provides a way to escape from a Spirit Breaker gank for Underlord as well as his teammates.
- Due to Spirit Breaker's low attack speed, is problematic for Spirit Breaker to take down.
- and allows Undying and his allies to survive from incoming ganks of Spirit Breaker.
- Heroes that can cancel Charge of Darkness: ( , .
- Heroes with ways to protect themselves or allies from Spirit Breaker's initiation: ( , )
- Heroes that punish mobile heroes: ( , )
- Heroes with as core item: , ,
- Durable heroes: , , ,
- Heroes who continue damaging while being stunned: , , , , ,
- Heroes has slows: , , ,
- (and its upgrade ) prevents Spirit Breaker from right clicking and bashing you.
- can be used on yourself or Spirit Breaker to cancel Charge of Darkness and Nether Strike.
- , , , and (and its upgrade ) interrupt Charge of Darkness.
- can prevent Spirit Breaker from right clicking and bashing.
- can prevent Charge of Darkness and Nether Strike.
- Anti-Mage usually relies on to escape, but with vision from Charge of Darkness it is easier to catch him.
- Spirit Breaker could single-handedly lock Anti-Mage down for 4 seconds (or even more with lucky bashes), allowing his teammates to follow up.
- As Anti-Mage is an elusive hero who likes to farm alone, Spirit Breaker could choose to charge whenever Anti-Mage is in sight.
- Once caught with dust, Clinkz could be locked down for a long time by Spirit Breaker and has nowhere to escape.
- Charge of Darkness provides shared vision over its target, showing Clinkz even when he is in .
- Charge of Darkness allows Spirit Breaker to catch Nature's Prophet out when he tries to split push.
- Nature's Prophet can't hide in his against Spirit Breaker, as his Charge of Darkness provides vision on its target.
- Spirit Breaker can easily cancel Nature's Prophet's .
- Tinker relies on his high mobility from and to survive. Those items don't help him if Spirit Breaker manages to cast Charge of Darkness on him.
- Spirit Breaker can easily cancel and .
- Though Spirit Breaker can't fight Ursa toe to toe directly, his stuns could prevent Ursa from dealing damage during .
- Heroes that are squishy by nature are an easy target for Spirit Breaker: ,
- Charge of Darkness provides shared vision over its target, keeping track of heroes who rely on invisibility, mobility, or illusions: , ,
- Heroes that rely on escapes to stay alive can be caught and locked down for a long time: ,
- Spirit Breaker's stuns pierce spell immunity, making him a good choice against heroes that heavily rely on : ,
Works well with...
- amplifies Spirit breakers damage, giving him higher solo kill potential.
- reveals low health enemies, enabling Spirit Breaker to use Charge of Darkness to finish them off.
- enables Spirit Breaker to charge heroes that are outside of the team's field of vision, also granting gold for the rest of the team should the kill occur.
- Bounty Hunter usually scouts areas, hence he can find lone targets for Spirit Breaker to charge.
- gives Spirit Breaker extra attack speed and thus a higher chance to proc Greater Bash.
- can turn a Charge of Darkness into a three man gank.
- allows Lifestealer to come along when Spirit Breaker uses Charge of Darkness.
- With Lifestealer can an ally before infesting Spirit Breaker, turning a two man gank into a three man gank.
- allows Spirit Breaker to increase his movement and Charge of Darkness speed decreasing his target time to counter simultaneously increasing his damage.
- Heroes with attack speed buffs: ( , , ,
- Heroes that can give extra movement speed to Spirit Breaker: ( , )