Terrorblade the Demon Marauder is a melee agility carry hero who is devastating in the later stages of the game. Terrorblade has the highest starting armor in the game, but is squishy due to his low health, meaning he needs strength items to be tanky enough to sustain damage to himself and his illusions. As with all illusion-based heroes, he needs stat-based items in order to make his illusions powerful. He is known for casting Reflection, which creates invulnerable illusions of all nearby enemy Heroes for a few seconds. Conjure Image creates an illusion of Terrorblade that deals considerable damage at max level. Terrorblade can create up to two illusions, which together deal more damage than Terrorblade himself, effectively multiplying Terrorblade's Base Damage (but not his Bonus Damage). Metamorphosis is an unorthodox spell that transforms Terrorblade into a powerful ranged demon capable of wrecking havoc on his enemies with its bonus range and damage, but makes Terrorblade slower. This spell also makes illusions of Terrorblade transform into his demonic form, but they revert back once they wander too far away from Terrorblade. Finally his ultimate, Sunder, is a unique ability that swaps his health with a targeted hero, ally or enemy alike. This makes ganks on him incredibly risky since he can sunder a hero before finishing them off with a few attacks. With his two Illusion-based spells, the 'semi-ultimate' Metamorphosis and his ultimate, Sunder, Terrorblade's skill set makes him a strong foe in the early game and absolutely terrifying at the later stages of the game. He is usually played as a hard carry.
|Terrorblade, the Demon Marauder|
|Play "The self-righteous shall choke on their sanctimony."|
|Role:||Carry / Pusher / Nuker|
|Lore:|| Terrorblade is the demon marauder--an outlaw hellion whom even other demons fear. A cosmic iconoclast, he stole from the Demon Lords, ignored the codified rites that should have bound his behavior, and broke every law of the seven Infernal Regions. For his crimes, he was taught this lesson: even Hell has a hell. A short, brutal trial ensued, with many dead on all sides, and he was finally incarcerated in Foulfell, a hidden dimension where demonkind imprison their own.
But Foulfell is no normal prison. In this dark mirror of reality, demons are sentenced to gaze eternally into the twisted reflection of their own souls. But instead of suffering, Terrorblade made himself master of his own reflected worst self--a raging, thieving demon of unimaginable power. With his inner beast under sway, he destroyed the fractal prison walls and burst free to turn his terror loose upon all creation.
|Voice:||David Sobolov (Responses)|
- Upon cast, slows all enemy visible heroes and illusions within range and creates illusions of them.
- Reflection illusions are invulnerable, untargetable and uncontrollable.
- Reflection illusions have 550 movement speed and free pathing. They also provide vision equal to the vision range of their target.
- The illusions spawn 108 range away from their targets if the hero has a collision size of 24, and 72 if the collision size is 8. They appear either north, east, south or west from their targets.
- The illusions attempt to attack their targets. If they cannot be attacked, they follow the targets close enough until they can be attacked again.
- The illusions do not lose track when their targets turn invisible, hidden or move in the Fog of War. However, they need vision to attack.
- The illusions are completely immune to every spell, even those which affect invulnerable units.
- Just like other illusions, Reflection illusions bestow auras and can make use of other passive abilities which work for illusions.
- The slow debuffs and the illusions are independent from each other. Dispelling the slow does not remove the illusion.
- The slow of multiple casts does not stack, but each cast creates an illusion for each enemy hero within range.
- Has a cast backswing of 1.66 during Metamorphosis.
- The created illusions are visually distinguishable from the real Terrorblade for the enemies.
- When cast during Metamorphosis, the illusions are only in ranged form when staying within range.
- The illusion spawns 108 range away from Terrorblade. It appears either north, east, south or west from him.
- Considering the default cooldown and cast time, it is possible to have 3 illusions up at a time.
- Has a cast backswing of 0.7 during Metamorphosis.
- During the transformation, Terrorblade cannot do anything. Cannot be interrupted. This applies to transforming illusions as well.
- The bonus damage is added to Terrorblade's and his illusions' base attack damage.
- Increases Terrorblade's base attack damage to 68‒74/88‒94/108‒114/128‒134, attack range to 550 and reduces movement speed to 285.
- It also gives him ranged unit properties, so all items with ranged and melee differences (e.g. Manta Style) use their ranged values.
- Terrorblade's attack projectiles travel at a speed of 900.
- The aura only affects illusions under Terrorblade's control, except for the illusions from Reflection.
- The transformation aura's buff lingers for 0.5 seconds.
- While transformed, Terrorblade does not leave footprints behind.
- Metamorphosis is fully canceled on death.
- Sunder can be cast on both enemy and allied heroes as well as illusions.
- Terrorblade and his target always end up with at least 25% of their maximum health.
- For example, if both parties have 5% health before Sunder, then they both end up at 25% thereafter.
- Sunder directly manipulates Terrorblade's and his target's health, so it fully ignores on-damage effects (e.g. Ice Blast, Borrowed Time and Blade Mail).
- Has a cast backswing of 0.8 during Metamorphosis.
|-30s Sunder Cooldown||25||+15 All Stats|
|+25 Movement Speed||20||+15 Agility|
|+200 Health||15||+25 Damage|
|+15 Attack Speed||10||+6 Health Regen|
- The health regen is added as a bonus and does not benefit illusions.
- The attack damage is added as bonus attack damage, and therefore does not benefit illusions.
- Upgrading health increases maximum health capacity and keeps the current health percentage.
- Tango and Healing Salve both provide needed health regeneration during the laning phase.
- 2 Slippers of Agility help Terrorblade last hit and deny easier and build into a Poor Man's Shield in the side shop.
- Poor Man's Shield helps mitigate his vulnerability to harassment when in his melee state.
- Ring of Aquila provides minor stats, some armor as well as much needed mana regen.
- Power Treads provide attack speed and raw stats, both of which are needed to buff up his illusions.
- Dragon Lance greatly increases Terrorblade's range in Metamorphosis. The range also helps Terrorblade and his illusions to hit towers from a safer distance. The item can either be upgraded into hurricane pike for more mobility, or later dismantled to build bkb and yasha.
- Manta Style is a great complement to Terrorblade as it allows you to have even more illusions. A unique benefit is the fact that he can get stronger illusions and a shorter cooldown if he uses the item while in melee form, and then cast metamorphosis to get ranged illusion
- Black King Bar is vital for teamfights to prevent him from being stunned or silenced when his HP is low enough to warrant casting Sunder.
- Sange and Yasha provides great all around benefits for Terrorblade and his illusions.
- Butterfly provides the 2nd most agility of any item. Illusions also benefit from the evasion.
- Radiance provides a lot of damage and the Radiance aura can accelerate Terrorblade's farm and increase his ability to push. Illusions carry the Radiance aura, although the aura does not stack from multiple sources.
- Shadow Blade is a great initiation and escape item, which also allows you to get close enough to your enemy and use Sunder with minimal risk. It also provides great damage and attack speed, both good attributes in all stages of the game.
- Helm of the Dominator is useful to keep Terrorblade alive in teamfights.
- Boots of Travel can be purchased early to help Terrorblade split push.
- Eye of Skadi's gives a large amount of stats which help bulk up his illusions, and its attack and movement speed slow works nicely with Metamorphosis, bringing enemy heroes to a halt.
- Heart of Tarrasque gives you a massive health bonus, which is well needed as Terrorblade's strength growth is one of the weakest in the entire game, and a powerful regeneration.
- In DotA, Terrorblade and Anti-Mage were brothers. This was to be kept in Dota 2 based on certain responses Anti-Mage made in Terrorblade's presence, but upon Terrorblade's release, these relations were severed and thus the lines went unused.
- Terrorblade's title in DotA was Soul Keeper. Unlike other name changes, this one does not appear to be related to copyright issues with Blizzard. A possible reason could be that the title "Soul Keeper" doesn't fit him anymore, since only one ability could be associated with souls.
- In-game, Terrorblade constantly leaves flaming footprints wherever he goes, similar to his DotA hero model, Illidan Stormrage (a prominent Warcraft character). These can be seen by enemies, but stop being rendered once he's out of their vision, meaning that one cannot track down an enemy Terrorblade that goes invisible or enters the Fog of War on the basis of his footprints.