We are currently performing an upgrade to our software. This upgrade will bring MediaWiki from version 1.31 to 1.33. While the upgrade is being performed on your wiki it will be in read-only mode. For more information check here.
|A talisman forged to honor the daytime sky.|
- For strength heroes, it grants 200 health, 1 health regen, 0.8% magic resistance, 9.6 armor, 10 attack speed, 0.5% movement speed, 120 mana, 2 mana regen, 0.7% spell damage and 10 attack damage.
- For agility heroes, it grants 200 health, 1 health regen, 0.8% magic resistance, 9.6 armor, 10 attack speed, 0.5% movement speed, 120 mana, 2 mana regen, 0.7% spell damage and 10 attack damage.
- For intelligence heroes, it grants 200 health, 1 health regen, 0.8% magic resistance, 9.6 armor, 10 attack speed, 0.5% movement speed, 120 mana, 2 mana regen, 0.7% spell damage and 10 attack damage.
- Movement speed bonuses from multiple Solar Crests fully stack.
- Stacks with all other movement speed bonuses.
- Solar Crest does not inherit the passive armor reduction from .
- Cannot be cast on self.
- Shares cooldown with .
- The effect on self and the modifier on the target are independent from each other. Dispelling the target does not remove the effect on the caster.
- Unlike Medallion, Solar Crest does not place a debuff on the caster. Instead, its effects are directly bound to its cooldown.
- Its duration is always 7 seconds on the target, while the duration on self can vary when the cooldown gets manipulated.
- This means when the cooldown is reduced, the reduction effects on self are briefer. The reduction effects on self also disappear immediately when the cooldown is refreshed.
- This also means that the effects on self are applied when using Medallion of Courage, since they share a cooldown.
- The armor reduction on self fully stacks. When having multiple Solar Crests, each of them reduce armor when on cooldown.
- The target buff and target debuff fully stack with each other. The effects on self also stack with the target debuff.
- When a unit is targeted by an allied and an enemy Solar Crest, the modifiers effectively cancel each other out.
- When opposing heroes cast it on each other, they effectively have -16 armor, -10% movement speed, and -80 attack speed.
- Multiple target debuffs or target buffs do not stack, but refresh their durations.
- The target buff, target debuff and self-debuff fully stack with those applied by Medallion of Courage.
- Can be cast on any unit, except on wards and buildings.
- The armor reduction on self can be an advantage for Abaddon thanks to , which allows him to heal more from physical damage he takes.
- Targeted allies can make more use of the attack speed bonus, since Abaddon can dispel stuns, slows, and most disarms with his
- All of Alchemist's abilities deal physical damage, making Solar Crest a decent damage boost.
- Thanks to Alchemist's farming speed, an early Solar Crest can be very effective, since most heroes already have low armor early on.
- Arc Warden does not have to worry much about the armor reduction on self upon cast, since negates most physical damage anyway.
- Arc Warden is a natural split pusher with his siege creep if present, to push even faster. . It can spam the ability on one of the summons, or on a
- Since the Tempest Double is an expiring summon anyway, the negative effect on self upon cast is much less tragic.
- Solar Crest conventially provides to all the stats Bristleback normally builds on, with strength, intelligence, armor and mana regeneration, making it even without the ability a decent item form him.
- Combined with , Bristleback can deal a hefty blow to an enemy's armor, and slow them for even more, allowing him to stack up his quills more easily.
- Bristleback almost exclusively deals physical damage, making the armor reduction on a target even more effective.
- Bristleback's tankiness granted by his passive ability allows him to more or less ignore the armor reduction on self upon cast.
- Combined with , Dazzle can deal a hefty blow to an enemy's armor and allowing him to spam abilities more easily.
- The armor reduction on self is bound to the item's cooldown, so when , Ogre Magi can have multiple enemies debuffed while only having his armor reduced once.
- Combined with , Tidehunter can reduce a lot of armor on one target.
- Combined with , Vengeful Spirit can reduce a lot of armor on one target.
Heroes who mainly want Solar Crest to increase their physical burst damage