Solar Crest

From Dota 2 Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
Item   Changelogs  
Solar Crest
Solar Crest icon.png
A talisman forged to honor the daytime sky.
Cost
2625
Bought From
Caster
Active Shine
Bonus +10 Armor
+1 Mana regeneration
+20% Evasion
Disassemble? Yes
Alert allies? No
Recipe
Solar Crest (2625)Components2.png
Medallion of Courage (1175)
Talisman of Evasion (1450)

The Solar Crest is an item purchasable at the Main Shop, under Caster. However, it requires an item from the Secret Shop to be completed.

Additional information[edit]

Ability[edit]

Shine
Ability
Target Unit
Affects
Enemies / Allies
When cast on an ally, grants them 10 armor and 20% evasion. When cast on an enemy, removes 10 of their armor and grants your allies 40% Accuracy on the target.

Removes the armor and evasion from the caster when used.

Cannot target magic immune enemies.
Cast Range: 1000
Self Armor Reduction: 10
Enemy Armor Reduction: 10
Ally Accuracy on Enemy Target: 40%
Ally Armor Bonus: 10
Ally Evasion Chance: 20%
Duration: 7
Cooldown symbol.png 7
Partially pierces spell immunity. Can be cast on spell immune allies.
Cannot be cast on spell immune enemies.
Modifiers
Buff Item Solar Crest Armor Addition: Dispellable with any dispel.
Debuff Item Solar Crest Armor Reduction: Dispellable with any dispel.

Notes:

  • Cannot be cast on self.
  • Grants evasion for targeted allies, and accuracy to allies against targeted enemies.
  • The effect on self and the modifier on the target are independent from each other. Dispelling the target does not remove the effect on the caster.
  • Unlike Medallion, Solar Crest does not place a debuff on the caster. Instead, its effects are directly bound to its cooldown.
    • Its duration is always 7 seconds on the target, while the duration on self can vary when the cooldown gets manipulated.
    • This means when the cooldown is reduced, the reduction effects on self are briefer. The reduction effects on self also disappear immediately when the cooldown is refreshed.
    • This also means that the effects on self are applied when using Medallion of Courage, since they share a cooldown.
  • The armor reduction on self fully stacks. When having multiple Solar Crests, each of them reduce armor when on cooldown.
    • The evasion loss also affects all owned Solar Crests, but no other source of evasion.
  • The target buff and target debuff fully stack with each other. The effects on self also stack with the target debuff.
    • When a unit is targeted by an allied and an enemy Solar Crest, it effectively has 12% evasion. This is the result of 20% evasion applying only 60% of the time (as the other 40% of attacks have accuracy).
    • When opposing heroes cast it on each other, they effectively have -20 armor, no evasion from Solar Crest, and attackers have 40% accuracy on them.
    • Multiple target debuffs or target buffs do not stack, but refresh their durations.
    • The target buff, target debuff and self-debuff fully stack with those applied by Medallion of Courage.
  • Can be cast on any unit, except on wards and buildings.


Recommended heroes[edit]

  • Abaddon, Alchemist, Arc Warden, Visage, Vengeful Spirit, Lycan, Bristleback, Slardar.

Tips[edit]

  • The Solar Crest can be a good item pick for heroes who has trouble against heroes with evasion especially Phantom Assassin minimap icon.png Phantom Assassin. It can be cast on both allies and enemies which is essentially a great way to easily take down the enemy.

Items synergy[edit]

  • Necronomicon 1 icon.png Necronomicon: the armor reduction amplifies the damage of the necronomicons and the accuracy helps them fight targets with evasion.
  • Manta Style icon.png Manta Style: remove the debuff of the Solar Crest and gives evasion to your illusions and amplify their damage with the armor reduction.
  • Heart of Tarrasque icon.png Heart of Tarrasque: because the Solar Crest gives the highest physical damage resistance, a combination with an Heart of Tarrasque makes you very tanky against carries.

Counter items[edit]

  • Manta Style icon.png Manta Style: remove the debuff and the enemy can target an illusion.

Gallery[edit]