|A talisman forged to honor the daytime sky.|
- For strength heroes, it grants 200 health, 1 health regen, 9.67 armor, 10 attack speed, 120 mana, 2.25 mana regen and 10 attack damage.
- For agility heroes, it grants 200 health, 1 health regen, 9.67 armor, 10 attack speed, 120 mana, 2.25 mana regen and 10 attack damage.
- For intelligence heroes, it grants 200 health, 1 health regen, 9.67 armor, 10 attack speed, 120 mana, 2.25 mana regen and 10 attack damage.
- Movement speed bonuses from multiple Solar Crests fully stack.
- Stacks with all other movement speed bonuses.
- Solar Crest does not inherit the passive armor reduction from .
Cast Range: 1000
Self Armor Reduction: 8
Ally Armor Bonus: 8
Ally Movement Speed Bonus: 10%
Ally Attack Speed Bonus: 80
Enemy Armor Reduction: 8
Enemy Movement Speed Slow: 10%
Enemy Attack Speed Slow: 80
- Cannot be cast on self.
- Shares cooldown with .
- The effect on self and the modifier on the target are independent from each other. Dispelling the target does not remove the effect on the caster.
- Unlike Medallion, Solar Crest does not place a debuff on the caster. Instead, its effects are directly bound to its cooldown.
- Its duration is always 7 seconds on the target, while the duration on self can vary when the cooldown gets manipulated.
- This means when the cooldown is reduced, the reduction effects on self are briefer. The reduction effects on self also disappear immediately when the cooldown is refreshed.
- This also means that the effects on self are applied when using Medallion of Courage, since they share a cooldown.
- The armor reduction on self fully stacks. When having multiple Solar Crests, each of them reduce armor when on cooldown.
- The target buff and target debuff fully stack with each other. The effects on self also stack with the target debuff.
- When a unit is targeted by an allied and an enemy Solar Crest, the modifiers effectively cancel each other out.
- When opposing heroes cast it on each other, they effectively have -16 armor, -10% movement speed, and -80 attack speed.
- Multiple target debuffs or target buffs do not stack, but refresh their durations.
- The target buff, target debuff and self-debuff fully stack with those applied by Medallion of Courage.
- Can be cast on any unit, except on wards and buildings.
- The armor reduction on self can be an advantage for Abaddon thanks to , which allows him to heal more from physical damage he takes.
- Targeted allies can make more use of the attack speed bonus, since Abaddon can dispel stuns, slows, and most disarms with his
- All of Alchemist's abilities deal physical damage, making Solar Crest a decent damage boost.
- Thanks to Alchemist's farming speed, an early Solar Crest can be very effective, since most heroes already have low armor early on.
- Arc Warden does not have to worry much about the armor reduction on self upon cast, since negates most physical damage anyway.
- Arc Warden is a natural split pusher with his siege creep if present, to push even faster. . It can spam the ability on one of the summons, or on a
- Since the Tempest Double is an expiring summon anyway, the negative effect on self upon cast is much less tragic.
- Solar Crest conventially provides to all the stats Bristleback normally builds on, with strength, intelligence, armor and mana regeneration, making it even without the ability a decent item for him.
- Combined with , Bristleback can deal a hefty blow to an enemy's armor, and slow them for even more, allowing him to stack up his quills more easily.
- Bristleback almost exclusively deals physical damage, making the armor reduction on a target even more effective.
- Bristleback's tankiness granted by his passive ability allows him to more or less ignore the armor reduction on self upon cast.
- Combined with , Dazzle can deal a hefty blow to an enemy's armor and allowing him to spam abilities more easily.
- The armor reduction on self is bound to the item's cooldown, so when , Ogre Magi can have multiple enemies debuffed while only having his armor reduced once.
- Combined with , Tidehunter can reduce a lot of armor on one target.
- Combined with , Vengeful Spirit can reduce a lot of armor on one target.
Heroes who mainly want Solar Crest to increase their physical burst damage