- Axe can easily close the distance to Sniper with either or .
- With in combination with and , Axe can make short work of Sniper, finishing him off easily with due to his naturally low HP & high attack speed in the late game
- Sniper is suspectible to being ganked by Bloodseeker, who can easily kill Sniper due to his lack of mobility and escape mechanisms.
- Even if Sniper builds mobility items, Bloodseeker can prevent and even punish Sniper from/for using them with : Sniper is forced to stand still with , while and deals damage if he attempts to use it while Ruptured.
- Bounty Hunter can use to get close, and can do massive damage and slow down Sniper on the first attack.
- gives additional speed to Bounty Hunter and makes useless, easily killing him with few attacks.
- Primarily, a combined with can be used to catch Sniper.
- Centaur can also utilize to cover the distance.
- can easily finish off Sniper after Centaur initiates on him.
- punishes Sniper for focusing Centaur in teamfights, by returning damage dealt upon Sniper and giving attack damage charges for Centaur.
- Clockwerk can easily close the distance to Sniper using and trap him using .
- Even though Sniper is a natural carrier, Sniper's low health usually means Clockwerk can finish him off with and .
- Invoker's arsenal of magical spells are troublesome for Sniper who has low HP and high armor, which does not benefit him much against Invoker.
- Besides magical damage, he can be disarmed and repeatedly ministunned with preventing him from reacting.
- Lifestealer can close the distance to Sniper by using on a fast or durable creep to tank Sniper's damage while Lifestealer gets close enough to cast .
- Being mostly a physical damage dealer, Sniper's effectiveness is greatly reduced by Omniknight's .
- Omniknight can also protect an ally from being finished off by Assassinate by using .
- allows her to jump on Sniper with increased attack speed and it's hard for him to win a fight against her.
- and shreds Sniper's low health and armor.
- can be activated to get within Phantom Strike's range, surprising Sniper before he has a chance to react. Its passive also reduces Sniper's overall effectiveness against Phantom Assassin, provided he hasn't purchased a .
- grants Phantom Lancer mobility to close in the distance between sniper, which Sniper highly resorts to it to assault his enemies.
- Phantom Lancer can dispel Sniper's Assassinate easily with and causes confusion to Sniper with the latter effect of creating an additional of 2 illusions.
- Phantom Lancer's could create massive army of illusions in seconds to destroy Sniper easily since most Sniper's abilities are single targeted, which means Sniper has a hard time in taking down Phantom Lancer and his illusions one by one before Phantom Lancer kills him instead.
- Pudge's enables him to bring Sniper in the middle of any fight or to pick him up in early game which counters his ability to deal far away from the melee.
- Also, can lock Sniper down which makes him highly vulnerable and give enough time for Pudge to kill him alone.
- Slark is natural or carrier and with Sniper has no opportunity to escape.
- With and Slark will easily win a fight against Sniper.
- instantly takes her to melee range of Sniper, and makes it difficult to escape from her.
- Spectre outcarries Sniper in the late game, so Sniper must try to end the game early before Spectre comes online.
- Spirit Breaker can charge towards Sniper from anywhere on the map with .
- deals Magical Damage, which can prove dangerous to low health Sniper.
- Both previous abilities combined with ensures Spirit Breaker can easily solo kill Sniper.
- Storm Spirit can close the distance towards Sniper very easily with his ultimate .
- allows Tusk to move himself and allies towards Sniper whilst invulnerable and hidden.
- His may also block pathing for Sniper as he has no means of moving through obstacles. In addition, can hinder Sniper's escape.
- breaks Sniper's passives.
- together with can slow Sniper and tears through his low health and mobility.
- allows Weaver to close the gap between himself and Sniper with high speed, and to maneuver through teamfights to get on top of him.
- A combination of and tears through Sniper's low armor.
- Heroes with high mobility can approach Sniper: , , , , , , and most notably .
- Heroes with catch to disrupt Sniper's positioning and deliver him into the enemies: , , ,
- returns all the damage Sniper deals, and the duration of it is often more than enough to either kill Sniper, or leave him low on HP.
- can disjoint Assassinate if timed correctly, as you have ~4 seconds to react before being hit.
- disables True Sight from Assassinate on target.
- blocks Assassinate on impact.
- capable of closing gap between user and Sniper very fast and disjointing Assassinate.
- reflects Assassinate.
- Somewhat like Medusa, Drow Ranger is a fairly immobile hero that hopes to be able to attack without dying. Sniper should outrange her.
- Be careful however that if she starts attacking you, she packs a bigger punch than you thanks to .
- Sniper is able to kite Earthshaker with his very long range.
- Sniper can dodge Earthshaker's stuns like and with mobility items such as and / .
- Sharpnel can be used to cancel Earthshaker's Blink Dagger and preventing his .
- Sniper has a very long range, so it is rare that Enigma can catch him in a .
- Assassinate can easily cancel if he is not caught, especially with the level 20 talent.
- Enigma's Eidolons from are useless to push against a Sniper as he will easily kill them, especially with / .
- Medusa is a fairly immobile hero that deals damage around her with . Sniper should outrange her and stay out of harm's way from Split Shot.
- More importantly, Sniper should have enough attack range to fire at Medusa during her without turning to stone, so the ultimate is mostly wasted against him.
- Sniper is a pure right click carry with a very long range, making it hard for Silencer to cast any of his skills on him in lane. During team-fights, has little impact on Sniper.
- Shrapnel can be used to cancel Shadow Fiend's Blink Dagger from a huge range.
- Take Aim and Headshot allow Sniper to harass Shadow Fiend in lane without getting into the range of his .
- Assassinate can be used to cancel Shadow Fiend's if he is not a target.
- Sniper can easily destroy from long range.
- Heroes who Sniper can kite: , , , , , , , and etc.
- Heroes with channeled abilities which Assassinate may cancel at long range: , , ,
- Silence and root abilities are irrelevant to Sniper.
Works well with...
- of Drow Ranger benefits Sniper a lot throughout the whole game as it provides him with extra attack speed, which is never bad for a carry.
- increases Sniper's attack speed and movement speed, enabling him to farm faster and output more damage in team-fight.
- Lich's multiple slows allow enemies to be easily kited
- True Sight on all enemies under 25% HP, even through Fog of War, providing vision for Sniper to attack or use Assassinate to secure kills. grants
- Sniper appreciates durable front-liners to engage the enemies, allowing him to attack from a safe distance: , , ,