We are currently performing an upgrade to our software. This upgrade will bring MediaWiki from version 1.31 to 1.33. While the upgrade is being performed on your wiki it will be in read-only mode. For more information check here.
- Axe can easily close the distance to Sniper with either or .
- With in combination with and , Axe can make short work of Sniper, finishing him off easily with due to his low HP & high attack speed in the late game.
- Sniper is suspectible to being ganked by Bloodseeker, who can easily kill Sniper due to his lack of mobility and escape mechanisms.
- Even if Sniper builds mobility items, Bloodseeker can prevent and even punish Sniper from/for using them with ; Sniper is forced to stand still with , while and deals damage if he attempts to use them while Ruptured.
- Bounty Hunter can use to get close, and can do massive damage and slow down Sniper on the first attack.
- gives additional speed to Bounty Hunter and makes useless, allowing Bounty Hunter to easily kill him with a few attacks.
combined with can be used to catch Sniper.
- Centaur can also utilize to cover the distance.
- can easily finish off Sniper after Centaur initiates on him.
- punishes Sniper for focusing Centaur in teamfights.
- Clockwerk can easily close the distance to Sniper using and trap him with .
- Even though Sniper is a natural carrier, Sniper's low health usually means Clockwerk can finish him off with and .
- Ember Spirit can close the distance between Sniper easily with his and further keep Sniper in place with .
- With the help of , Sniper cannot outrun Ember Spirit or chase him, even if Sniper builds mobility items.
- Invoker's arsenal of magical spells are troublesome for Sniper who has low HP and high armor, which does not benefit him much against Invoker.
- Besides magical damage, he can be disarmed and repeatedly mini-stunned with , preventing him from reacting.
- Lifestealer can close the distance to Sniper by using on a fast or durable creep to tank Sniper's damage.
- will reduce Sniper's mobility heavily, and 's attack speed bonus helps in taking down Sniper.
- Being mostly a physical damage dealer, Sniper's effectiveness is greatly reduced by Omniknight's .
- Omniknight can also protect an ally from being finished off by Assassinate by using .
- allows her to jump on Sniper with increased attack speed.
- and shreds Sniper's low health and armor.
- can be activated to get within Phantom Strike's range, surprising Sniper before he has a chance to react. Its passive also reduces Sniper's overall effectiveness against Phantom Assassin, provided he hasn't purchased a .
- grants Phantom Lancer the mobility to close in the distance between Sniper.
- Phantom Lancer can dispel Sniper's Assassinate easily with and causes confusion to Sniper with the latter effect of creating an additional of 2 illusions.
- Phantom Lancer's easily can overwhelm Sniper, as his damage is mostly single-targeted.
- Pudge's allows him to bring Sniper in the middle of any fight, and the pure damage does well against his high armor and low health.
- can lock Sniper down, which makes him highly vulnerable and gives enough time for Pudge to kill him alone.
- Slardar can use with or to get close, and will stun Sniper, making him vulnerable to Slardar's teammates.
- lowers Sniper's armor and makes Sniper's useless, easily killing him with a few attacks.
- Slark is a natural carrier, and with Sniper has no opportunity to escape or react.
- With and , Slark will easily win a fight against Sniper.
- instantly allows her to get up and close with Sniper, and makes it difficult to escape from her.
- Spectre outcarries Sniper in the late game, so Sniper must try to end the game early before Spectre comes online.
- Spirit Breaker can charge towards Sniper from anywhere on the map with .
- deals magical damage, which can prove dangerous to Sniper and his low health.
- Both previous abilities combined with ensures that Spirit Breaker can easily solo kill Sniper.
- Storm Spirit can close the distance towards Sniper very easily with his ultimate .
- allows Tusk to move himself and allies towards Sniper whilst invulnerable and hidden.
- His may also block pathing for Sniper as he has no means of moving through obstacles. In addition, can hinder Sniper's escape.
- breaks Sniper's passives.
- together with can slow Sniper and tears through his low health and mobility.
- allows Weaver to close the gap between himself and Sniper with high speed, and to maneuver through teamfights to get on top of him.
- A combination of and tears through Sniper's low armor.
- Heroes with high mobility can approach Sniper: , , , , , , and most notably .
- Heroes with catch to disrupt Sniper's positioning and deliver him into the enemies: , , ,
- returns all the damage Sniper deals, and the duration of it is often more than enough to either kill Sniper, or leave him low on HP.
- can disjoint Assassinate if timed correctly, as you have ~4 seconds to react before being hit.
- disables True Sight from Assassinate on target.
- blocks Assassinate on impact.
- capable of closing gap between user and Sniper very fast and disjointing Assassinate.
- reflects Assassinate.
- Somewhat like Medusa, Drow Ranger is a fairly immobile hero that hopes to be able to attack without dying. Sniper should outrange her.
- Be careful however that if she starts attacking you, she packs a bigger punch than you thanks to .
- Sniper is able to kite Earthshaker with his very long range.
- Sniper can dodge Earthshaker's stuns like and with mobility items such as and / .
- Sharpnel can be used to cancel Earthshaker's Blink Dagger and preventing his .
- Sniper has a very long range, so it is rare that Enigma can catch him in a .
- Assassinate can easily cancel if he is not caught, especially with the level 20 talent.
- Enigma's Eidolons from are useless to push against a Sniper as he will easily kill them, especially with / .
- Medusa is a fairly immobile hero that deals damage around her with . Sniper should outrange her and stay out of harm's way from Split Shot.
- More importantly, Sniper should have enough attack range to fire at Medusa during her without turning to stone, so the ultimate is mostly wasted against him.
- Sniper is a pure right click carry with a very long range, making it hard for Silencer to cast any of his skills on him in lane. During team-fights, has little impact on Sniper.
- Shrapnel can be used to cancel Shadow Fiend's Blink Dagger from a huge range.
- Take Aim and Headshot allow Sniper to harass Shadow Fiend in lane without getting into the range of his .
- Assassinate can be used to cancel Shadow Fiend's if he is not a target.
- Sniper can easily destroy from long range.
- Heroes who Sniper can kite: , , , , , , , and etc.
- Heroes with channeled abilities which Assassinate may cancel at long range: , , ,
- Silence and root abilities are irrelevant to Sniper.
Works well with...
- of Drow Ranger benefits Sniper a lot throughout the whole game as it provides him with extra attack speed, which is never bad for a carry.
- increases Sniper's attack speed and movement speed, enabling him to farm faster and output more damage in team-fight.
- Lich's multiple slows allow enemies to be easily kited
- True Sight on all enemies under 25% HP, even through Fog of War, providing vision for Sniper to attack or use Assassinate to secure kills. grants
- Sniper appreciates durable front-liners to engage the enemies, allowing him to attack from a safe distance: , , ,