- basic dispel which can be used to dispel Corrosive Haze, or even Slardar's own Guardian Sprint. applies a
- is able to dispel Corrosive Haze and Slithereen Crush stun/slow from any allies Oracle chooses to cast it on.
- can also be cast on Slardar to prevent him from proccing his Bash of the Deep.
- Abaddon can cast on any of his allies to immediately dispel Corrosive Haze and/or the stun and the slow components of Slithereen Crush.
- All of Slardar's debuffs are also removed if Abaddon's triggers.
- Phantom Lancer's basic dispel on PL, making it hard to keep Corrosive Haze on him. has a low cooldown and applies a
- Phantom Lancer usually purchases which provides another basic dispel to remove Corrosive Haze with.
- Besides Slithereen Crush, Slardar does not have another way to deal with illusions and has a low mana pool, which allows Phantom Lancer with to quickly build up illusions while draining Slardar's mana.
- outruns Guardian Sprint, forcing Slardar to Blink away or use Slithereen Crush defensively to avoid being killed.
- Slardar does not do well against multiple targets, as his only way to damage multiple targets is Slithereen Crush.
- Meepo's will root Slardar, making him unable to chase/escape for the time being. Also, 's low cooldown and high damage can burst Slardar down rather quickly.
- cares less than other heroes about armor reduction, since blocks 70% of all damage without taking armor/magic resistance into consideration. This makes 60% of your Corrosive Haze ineffective until Medusa's mana is drained.
- starts out with and gains a lot of armor from his agility growth. His illusions also make it difficult for Slardar to focus down the real Terrorblade.
- 's dispels Corrosive Haze and Bash of the Deep's stun if enough damage is taken. and Kraken Shell's damage block also reduces Slardar's damage.
- cooldown. Due to the increased move speed from Guardian Sprint, Slardar can lose health at about 160% the rate of normal heroes while under . Bloodseeker's also gives him enough move speed so that he's one of the few heroes who can outrun or catch up to a Slardar during Guardian Sprint. 's forces Slardar to stay still during fights, preventing Slardar from using Guardian sprint to move in and out of fights. This takes away the ability to initiate and re-initiate with Slithereen Crush's low
- Slardar relies on initiation, so any illusion-based hero (especially with ) can scout you out and/or cancel your blink.
- Illusion heroes like the aforementioned or , or heroes that tend to buy , like or , will give Slardar a hard time, as his damage is single-targeted.
- Given that Slardar's damage output is entirely physical, there is almost nothing he can do when enemies activate .
- provides armor which helps against Slardar, while the passive attack slow also prevents him from attacking as often.
- armor reduction. , , , can reduce the value of your Corrosive Haze with constant misses and can be hard for Slardar to itemize against, requiring , or both. The same applies for his allies that want to take advantage of the
- and can be a pain to deal with until Slardar gets a .
- Corrosive Haze makes Riki completely vulnerable to Slardar and his allies, as Riki has no easy way of dispelling it.
- Slardar's physical damage with Slithereen Crush and Bash of the Deep amplified by Corrosive Haze can easily kill Riki.
- Clinkz survivability depends entirely on . Corrosive Haze not only makes its invisibility useless, but also makes Clinkz even more vulnerable to physical damage.
- Bounty Hunter's is rendered useless with Corrosive Haze and makes Bounty Hunter an easy target for Slardar and his team.
- Weaver relies on to escape and kite enemy heroes. Slardar's Corrosive Haze lowers armor and reveals Weaver, who is already a very frail target.
- Weaver usually builds , Corrosive Haze can be used to "pop" the spell block of , additionally the level 25 undispellable talent will prevent Weaver from removing Corrosive Haze with , allowing allied heroes to use their abilities on Weaver.
- Shadow Fiend, a normal builder often relies on its invisibility to escape fights. Corrosive Haze reveals Shadow Fiend and also weakens his already low armor.
- Alchemist has a low starting armor and a low agility growth, which translates to a low armor growth . And since it is very uncommon for Alchemist to get straight to , or , Corrosive Haze makes him too vulnerable to physical damage, even with the hp regeneration of
- With armor items like or combined with Bash of the Deep, Slardar can easily tank the , If not dueled himself, he can drop 's armor during duel and/or buff his teammate and save them, leaving her only the choice of dueling supports which can also be saved with fast Blink into Slithereen Crush.
- While Slardar has Guardian Sprint activated, cannot slow him and is easier to avoid.
- Slithereen Crush allows Slardar to interrupt at close range (when Slardar is not a target).
- Corrosive Haze reveals Pudge's location, making it very difficult for him to land hooks from the fog.
- 's can be countered, however, could also use abilities like or to escape by other means.
- 's can be revealed easily by Corrosive Haze
- 's already low armor and easily interruptible ultimate, can make Slardar her worst nightmare. also often builds which is revealed by Corrosive Haze.
- 's ultimate makes her and all her allies invisible for a duration. Corrosive Haze reveals invisibility, potentially rendering useless.
- can be easily countered by Corrosive Haze's true sight.
- Slardar's Bash of the Deep pierces spell immunity so Black King Bar won't prevent the Bash.
- because Corrosive Haze has a shorter cooldown than Spellblock by 8 seconds (13-5).
Works well with...
- Corrosive Haze significantly increases the damage from Jinada.
- Bounty Hunter commonly builds as well, further amplifying physical damage done to the enemy.
- Track makes it easier for Slardar to target enemies with Corrosize Haze, and vice versa.
- Track's movement speed aura also allows Slardar to very easily catch up to enemies, especially with Guardian Sprint.
- and Corrosive Haze used in tandem will drastically reduce the enemy's armor and amplify physical damage.
- Shadow Fiend's passive reduces armor to enemies around him, along with Corrosive Haze, Shadow Fiend, mainly being a basic attack hero, will easily be able to tear down foes.
- Combined with Alchemist's further armor reduction with and given the fact that his does physical damage, it can allow Alchemist to deal huge amounts of damage.
- Slardar's Guardian Sprint and Corrosive Haze makes him a great host for .
- The slow of gives Slardar an easier time into rushing straight to his target with Guardian Sprint and cast Slithereen Crush right next to it.
- The global vision provided by Corrosive Haze allows Phantom Assassin to constantly throw at her target, even if the target tries to hide among the trees.
- and does more damage with Corrosive Haze being cast on the target.
- In case both Phantom Assassin and Slardar are retreating or escaping, Slardar can use Guardian Sprint to make a quick escape, allowing Phantom Assassin to use to hop in.
- Templar Assassin's Pure Damage basic attacks from is amplified greatly with the use of Corrosive Haze.
- Templar Assassin also commonly builds , which also reduces enemy armor.
- Templar Assassin's second ability, reduces enemy armor as well.
- 's leaves enemies near him at 0 armor. Corrosive Haze further decreases the enemies' armor, leaving them with a negative armor value, making them take amplified physical damage.
- 's deals physical damage, in conjunction with Slardar's armor reduction, all of Anti-Mage's basic attacks will deal even more damage.
- Generally any hero who is reliant on physical damage/basic attack damage works well with Slardar because of Corrosive Haze.
- Generally any hero who benefits from the vision granted by Corrosive Haze, even if they don't deal physical damage, like .