- basic dispel which can be used to dispel Corrosive Haze, or even Slardar's own Guardian Sprint. applies a
- is able to dispel Corrosive Haze and Slithereen Crush stun/slow from any allies Oracle chooses to cast it on.
- can also be cast on Slardar to prevent him from proccing his Bash of the Deep.
- Abaddon can cast on any of his allies to immediately dispel Corrosive Haze and/or the stun and the slow components of Slithereen Crush.
- All of Slardar's debuffs are also removed if Abaddon's triggers.
- Phantom Lancer has a low cooldown basic dispel from , making it hard to keep Corrosive Haze on him. Can also build and .
- Slardar does not do well against illusions and has a low mana pool, making Phantom Lancer with annoying, to say the least.
- means you can't Guardian Sprint away from his illusions either, forcing you to Blink, Slithereen Crush or get your cancelled.
- Slardar does not do well against multiple targets, as his only way to damage multiple targets being Slithereen Crush.
- Meepo's will root Slardar, making him unable to chase/escape for the time being. Also, 's low cooldown and high damage can burst Slardar down rather quickly.
- cares less than other heroes about armor reduction, since blocks 60% of all damage without taking armor/magic resistance into consideration. This makes 60% of your Corrosive Haze ineffective until Medusa's mana is drained.
- starts out with and gains a lot of armor from his agility growth. His illusions also make it difficult for Slardar to focus down the real Terrorblade.
- dispels Haze and stun if bursting him is attempted often leading to Slardar's team being baited into . Also reduces Slardar's already low damage, so Tidehunter stays tanky even against Slardar.
- cooldown. Due to the increased move speed from Guardian Sprint, Slardar can lose health at about 160% the rate of normal heroes while under . Bloodseeker's also gives him enough move speed that he's one of the few heroes who can outrun or catch up to a Slardar during Sprint. 's forces Slardar to stay still during fights, preventing Slardar from using Guardian sprint to move in and out of fights. This takes away the ability to initiate and re-initiate with Slithereen Crush's low
- Slardar relies on initiation, so any illusion-based hero (especially with ) can scout you out and/or cancel your blink.
- Illusion heroes like Phantom Lancer, Luna, Arc Warden.
- Given that Slardar's damage output is entirely physical, there is almost nothing he can do when enemies activate .
- provides armor which helps against Slardar, while the passive attack slow also prevents him from attacking as often.
- armor reduction. , , , can reduce the value of your Corrosive Haze with constant misses and can be hard for Slardar to itemize against, requiring , or both. Same goes true for his allies that want to take advantage of the
- and can be a pain to deal with until Slardar gets a .
- Invisible and fragile. Riki lacks a good option against Corrosive Haze: Riki will not win most straight-up fights even without being stunned, and doesn't have nearly enough health or armor to survive being focused on with Corrosive Haze. Slardar's Guardian Sprint is usually enough to chase effectively, and even Riki's ultimate will rarely deal enough damage to matter much against Slardar. If you find yourself in this untenable position it is recommended to use aggressively or have a support interfere with Slardar.
- Clinkz is fragile, and relies on to escape from battles quickly. Corrosive Haze grants True Sight on Clinkz, making his invisibility useless, and makes him even more squishy for the time being. Do not underestimate Clinkz however, as late game, Clinkz can tear down most heroes with and along with which is commonly built by Clinkz.
- Bounty Hunter's is rendered useless with Corrosive Haze and makes Bounty Hunter an easy target for Slardar and his team.
- Weaver relies on to escape and kite enemy heroes. Slardar's Corrosive Haze reveals Weaver, who is already a very frail target.
- Weaver usually builds , Corrosive Haze can be used to "pop" the spell block of , letting Allied heroes use their abilities on Weaver.
- Shadow Fiend, a normal builder often relies on its invisibility to escape fights. Corrosive Haze reveals Shadow Fiend and also weakens his already low armor.
- Alchemist has a low starting armor and a low agi growth, which translates to a low armor growth . And since it is very uncommon for Alchemist to get straight to , or , Corrosive Haze makes him too vulnerable to physical damage, even with the hp regeneration of
- With armor items like or combined with Bash of the Deep, Slardar can easily tank the , If not dueled himself, he can drop 's armor during duel and/or buff his teammate and save them, leaving her only the choice of dueling supports which can also be saved with fast Blink into Slithereen Crush.
- 's can be countered, however, could also use abilities like or to escape by other means.
- 's can be revealed easily by Corrosive Haze
- 's already low armor and easily interruptible ultimate, can make Slardar her worst nightmare. also often builds which is revealed by Corrosive Haze.
- 's ultimate makes her and all her allies invisible for a duration. Corrosive Haze reveals invisibility, potentially rendering useless.
- can be easily countered by Corrosive Haze's true sight.
- Slardar's Bash of the Deep pierces spell immunity so Black King Bar won't prevent the Bash.
- because Corrosive Haze has a shorter cooldown than Spellblock by 8 seconds (13-5).
Works well with...
- Corrosive Haze significantly increases the damage from Jinada.
- Bounty Hunter commonly builds as well, further amplifying physical damage done to the enemy.
- Track makes it easier for Slardar to target enemies with Corrosize Haze, and vice versa.
- Track's movement speed aura also allows Slardar to very easily catch up to enemies, especially with Guardian Sprint.
- and Corrosive Haze used in tandem will drastically reduce the enemy's armor and amplify physical damage.
- Shadow Fiend's passive reduces armor to enemies around him, along with Corrosive Haze, Shadow Fiend, mainly being a basic attack hero, will easily be able to tear down foes.
- Combined with Alchemist's further armor reduction with and given the fact that his does physical damage, it can allow Alchemist to deal huge amounts of damage.
- Slardar's Guardian Sprint and Corrosive Haze makes him a great host for .
- The slow of gives Slardar an easier time into rushing straight to his target with Guardian Sprint and cast Slithereen Crush right next to it.
- The global vision provided by Corrosive Haze allows Phantom Assassin to constantly throw at her target, even if the target tries to hide among the trees.
- and does more damage with Corrosive Haze being cast on the target.
- In case both Phantom Assassin and Slardar are retreating or escaping, Slardar can use Guardian Sprint to make a quick escape, allowing Phantom Assassin to use to hop in.
- Templar Assassin's Pure Damage basic attacks from is amplified greatly with the use of Corrosive Haze.
- Templar Assassin also commonly builds , which also reduces enemy armor.
- Templar Assassin's second ability, reduces enemy armor as well.
- 's leaves enemies near him at 0 armor. Corrosive Haze further decreases the enemies' armor, leaving them with a negative armor value, making them take amplified physical damage.
- 's deals physical damage, in conjunction with Slardar's armor reduction, all of Anti-Mage's basic attacks will deal even more damage.
- Generally any hero who is reliant on physical damage/basic attack damage works well with Slardar because of Corrosive Haze.
- Generally any hero who benefits from the vision granted by Corrosive Haze, even if they don't deal physical damage, like .