From Dota 2 Wiki
| Skull Basher|
|A feared weapon in the right hands, this maul's ability to shatter the defenses of its opponents should not be underestimated.|
- One Skull Basher grants a total of 200 health and 7.14% health regen amplification.
- When held by Slardar, Spirit Breaker, Troll Warlord or Faceless Void, Bash cannot proc.
- Skull Basher's bash does not stack with the bash of Abyssal Blade and other Skull Bashers.
- When obtaining multiple items with the bash ability, only the one that has been continuously the longest in the inventory works.
- The proccing attack first applies the debuff, then its own damage.
- The damage can be reduced with e.g. Enfeeble or Static Link.
- Adds an average of 25 damage to every attack for melee heroes, and 10 damage for ranged heroes.
- Bash uses pseudo-random distribution.
- Attacks which proc Bash cannot miss.
Heroes who buy Skull Basher in order to build Abyssal Blade:
- Since the Bash is a chance based ability, buying attack speed granting items increases the odds of a bash proccing. However, the effectiveness stops at a certain amount of attack speed due to the cooldown the bash has.
- The bash goes through spell immunity. When not having other spell immunity piercing spells in the team, a Skull Basher is a great purchase as it can help greatly against heroes with spell immunity, especially those who get a Black King Bar in order to channel their channeling spell.
- Despite having a much lower chance to proc for ranged heroes, it still has a decent chance. When coupled with high attack speed, a Skull Basher on ranged heroes can be very viable, especially for heroes who have attack speed boosting abilities like Windranger with her Focus Fire, or Drow Ranger with her high amount of agility from Marksmanship.
- In the original DotA, this item was called "Cranium Basher", a reference to a unique item in Diablo 2.