Gamepedia was upgraded to MediaWiki version 1.31 on Wednesday November 14th. To learn more about the upgrade and its effects click here.
|A feared weapon in the right hands, this maul's ability to shatter the defenses of its opponents should not be underestimated.|
- For strength heroes, it grants 225 health, 6.88% health regen amplification, 1% magic resistance and 35 attack damage.
- For agility heroes, it grants 180 health, 5.5% health regen amplification and 0.8% magic resistance.
- For intelligence heroes, it grants 180 health, 5.5% health regen amplification and 0.8% magic resistance.
- When held by Bash cannot proc. , , or ,
- When held by a hero that has the Ability Draft), Bash cannot proc either. passive (e.g. in
- Skull Basher's bash does not stack with the bash of and other Skull Bashers.
- When obtaining multiple items with the bash ability, only the one that has been continuously the longest in the inventory works.
- The proccing attack first applies the debuff, then its own damage.
- The bonus damage is dealt in one instance together with the attack damage, and counts as attack damage as well.
- Adds an average of 25 damage to every attack for melee heroes, and 10 damage for ranged heroes.
- Bash uses pseudo-random distribution.
Heroes who buy Skull Basher in order to build:
- Since the Bash is a chance based ability, buying attack speed granting items increases the odds of a bash proccing. However, the effectiveness stops at a certain amount of attack speed due to the cooldown the bash has.
- The bash goes through spell immunity. When not having other spell immunity piercing spells in the team, a Skull Basher is a great purchase as it can help greatly against heroes with spell immunity, especially those who get a Black King Bar in order to channel their channeling spell.
- Despite having a much lower chance to proc for ranged heroes, it still has a decent chance. When coupled with high attack speed, a Skull Basher on ranged heroes can be very viable, especially for heroes who have attack speed boosting abilities like with her , or with her high amount of agility from .
- In the original DotA, this item was called "Cranium Basher", a reference to a unique item in Diablo 2.