Audio migration in progress. Some responses pages / audio files may have broken file links.
To view the old Silencer, see here.
- This ability got replaced by in the 6.86 gameplay patch.
- Curse of the Silent is dispelled when the affected hero casts a spell.
- Only affects heroes and illusions.
- Successive casts of Curse of the Silent place always new, independent debuffs. This includes the curse applied by .
- Cannot curse invulnerable or hidden units, however, if a unit turns invulnerable or hidden while being cursed, it still loses mana.
- Damages and burns mana in 1 second intervals, starting 1 second after the debuff is applied, resulting in 6 instances.
- Can deal up to 120/210/300/390 damage (before reductions) and burn up to 48/96/144/192 mana on a single unit.
- Applies the mana loss first on each tick, and then the damage.
- The sound effect played on every damage instance is only audible to the affected unit's player.
- This ability got reworked into the current in the 6.76 gameplay patch.
- The spell which triggers the aura still takes effect.
- Last Word does not trigger on item use.
- Does trigger on channeling spells, but waits for the channeling to stop first.
- The intelligence steal is not retroactive, meaning any kills made before this ability is leveled at least once does not count.
- Stolen intelligence is added to Silencer's base intelligence.
- It does not matter how an enemy hero within the radius dies, Silencer always steals its intelligence.
- However, Silencer needs to be alive as the kill happens to steal the intelligence.