Nortrom, the Silencer
Part of the seventh and final generation of a carefully designed pedigree, Nortrom was bred by the ancient order of the Aeol Drias to be the greatest magic user the world had ever seen. He was the prophesied one, the culmination of two-hundred years of careful pairings, a war-mage who would bring glory to the order, and destruction to their sworn enemies, The Knights of the Fold. Raised with other young mages in a hidden cantonment among the hills of the Hazhadal barrens, the order's preceptors waited for Nortrom’s abilities to manifest. While the other students honed their talents with fire, or ice, or incantatory spells, Nortrom sat silent and talentless, unable to cast so much as a hex. As the day of final testing approached, he still hadn’t found his magic. In disgust, the preceptors berated him, while the children laughed. “You are no mage,” the head of the order declared. Still, Nortrom did not slink away. He entered the day of testing and faced down the young mages who had mocked him. And then his preceptors learned a valuable lesson: a lack of magic can be the greatest magic of all. Nortrom silenced the young mages one by one and defeated them in single combat, until he alone stood as champion of the Aeol Drias, in fulfillment of the prophecy.
Friendships and rivalries
Allies meeting Silencer
- Play Play r I'll do the talking, Silencer.
- Play Play r Your voice really carries, Silencer. A bit too much.
- Play r What's the good word, Silencer?
- Play r You are one of the few who understand the value of Silence.
Enemies killing Silencer
- Play What's that, Silencer? I couldn't hear you.
- Play You talk too much.
- Play You are silenced.
- Play There's no silencing your nightmares.
- Play Finally, some peace and quiet.
- Play Look who's silent now.
- Play Play r Oh, shut up.
- Play Play r Ah, had to kill you before you bored me to death.
- Play The silencer now resting in silence.
- Play You're out of the action.
- Play Can't silence mah belly.
- Play I'll see your silence… is eternal.
- Play Silencer? I'd prefer a screamer.
- Play The sand of silence.
- Play Now that's a stony silence.
- Play Hush now.
- Play Shh.
- Play Play Ha ha ha, you cannot silence the voice of thunder.
- Play r When I listen for your future, I hear naught but a great silence.
By the forge of creation.
This section is under construction. It may still lack crucial information or contain unvalidated statements.
- ↑ Dark Willow response: Play How's teaming up with Anti-Mage working out for ya?
- ↑ Dark Willow response: Play I'm not going to the Tyler Estate!