From Dota 2 Wiki
Main article: Buildings
Search Radius: 900 / [ Info Needed ]
Heal per Second: 90
Damage Reduction: 25%
Protected Illusion Damage Reduction: 75%
Unprotected Illusion Attack Damage Reduction: 60%
Reactivation Delay: 15
Backdoor Protection Active: Undispellable.
- All buildings, except for tier 1 towers and the shrines outside of the base have this ability.
- Tier 2 towers outside the base use different backdoor protection of one inside the base, whose search radius is 900.
- That means the backdoor protections of tier 2 towers outside the base are all independent from each other and from the base backdoor protection.
- However, the protection of buildings inside the base is bound together. If one of them loses backdoor protection, all of them do.
- The unit detection is aura-based. If an enemy lane creep gets within 900 / [ Info Needed ] radius of the building, the protection is lost.
- The aura's effect lingers for 0.5 seconds, so the total reactivation delay is effectively 15.5 seconds.
- While protected, the building takes 25% less damage from any source, and 75% less damage from illusions.
- This includes spell damage, not only attacks, including spells cast by illusions.
- While unprotected, the building only takes 60% less damage from illusion attacks (excluding their spells).
- If a backdoor-protected building is damaged by an enemy, it immediately starts healing back.
- Heals 9 health in 0.1 second intervals, which translates to 90 health per second.
- This means, it is possible to destroy protected buildings by dealing more than 90 damage per second (after reductions).
- Only heals back damage dealt by enemy units. Damaged dealt by allies is not healed back.
- Whenever this ability is off cooldown, the shrine emits particle effects and a looping sound. Its minimap icon also starts glowing.
- While ready, pressing the ALT key highlights the aura's radius with a blue circle. This circle disappears when on cooldown after the aura expired.
- A shrine can be activated by ordering the hero to follow it. A follow order is given by right-clicking, or by pressing the move hotkey and selecting the shrine as a target.
- Once the hero is within the activation range, the shrine gets activated, if the follow command is still active.
- Can only be activated by allied heroes and clones. No other unit can activate it.
- Since a hero executing a move order is required to activate it, it cannot be activated while stunned, taunted, slept, cycloned and hidden.
- Once activated, the shrine emits an aura which applies the restoring effects. The aura's buff lingers for 0.5 seconds.
- The aura affects all allied units which are not wards or buildings. However, it does not affect invulnerable or hidden allies.
- Multiple instances of the aura do not stack, so standing between two activated shrines in the base does not double the effect.
- For each full minute mark, starting after the first creep wave spawn, the health and mana regeneration get stronger. There is no cap to this.
- The auras do not update if they were activated just a few seconds before a full minute mark was reached. Their values are set upon cast.
- Restores in the form of regeneration, so it restores 9 (+ 0.2 per minute) health and 4 (+ 0.075 per minute) mana in 0.1 second intervals.
- Can heal and restore up to 495 (+ 11 per minute) health and 220 (+ 4.125 per minute) mana over its full duration (duration + buff linger time).
- All shrines are on cooldown until the 5 minute mark of the game.