Short Film Contest
The Short Film Contest is a Dota 2 contest announced on May 22, 2015.
- Entries must be no longer than 1 minute.
- Entries must pertain to Dota 2.
- Entries can use any form or combination of animation or live-action technique in their creation. Using Source Filmmaker is not a requirement.
- Each entry must be at least 720p.
- The deadline for submission will be 04:00:00 PDT on the morning of July 13th, 2015. The submission process must be completed, including uploading the video and filling out submission dialogs, before the submission period ends.
- Nominees will be selected by the Steam community through voting on the Steam Workshop. Winners will be selected by Valve in its sole discretion from among the community-chosen nominees, and will be announced at The International.
- The video must be a new creation made specifically for the Dota 2 Filmmaker Contest.
- You are free to use any Valve IP (Intellectual Property).
- If you use any non-Valve IP, you must be the copyright owner or have explicit permission from the owner. You will be required to warrant to Valve that you have all necessary rights and permissions in order for the entry to be considered. Any submissions found to be infringing non-Valve IP will be disqualified. Note that for workshop items, you still need to provide a link to the items used, but you do not need explicit permission from the creator, since submission to the workshop automatically grants permission to use the item.
- Multiple submissions per person are allowed.
- Submissions must be free of advertisements.
Voting began on May 22, 2015, and ended on July 13 at morning.
|Winning Video||Created By|
The winners will be announced and showcased at The International. Valve will award $20,000 in prizes to the entry or entries we consider the best.