|Said to have belonged to a goddess, today it retains much of its former power.|
4850 ( )
- For strength heroes, it grants 15 armor, 360 mana and 1.5 mana regen.
- For agility heroes, it grants 15 armor, 360 mana and 1.5 mana regen.
- For intelligence heroes, it grants 15 armor, 360 mana, 1.5 mana regen and 30 attack damage.
- Does not interrupt the user's channeling spells upon cast.
- The blast spreads at a speed of 350 and takes 2.57 seconds to reach maximum range and dissipate.
- The area of effect is centered around the owner, so when moving or blinking, the radius moves along.
- The blast is not a ring. It affects every enemy within the blast's expanding area of effect.
- This means that unlike , it is not possible to avoid the effect by blinking "over" the edge towards the caster.
- Arctic Blast first applies the damage, then the debuff.
- Provides 800 radius flying vision, following the caster and leaving a trail of vision which lasts for 2 seconds.
- Freezing Auras from multiple Shiva's Guards do not stack.
- Applies heal reduction, health regen reduction, lifesteal reduction and spell lifesteal reduction on affected enemies.
- The aura's debuff lingers for 0.5 seconds.
- The status debuff icon on enemies only shows up when the affected unit has vision over the source.
- However, the attack speed slow in the HUD is always visible.
- Arctic Blast will hit multiple enemies when initiated on by .
- Arctic Blast slows fleeing enemies, and helps Axe bring them low enough for .
- Arctic Blast helps Batrider deal extra damage whenever he blinks in to grab an enemy with .
- Arctic Blast allows Batrider to stay ahead of targets, burning them with the flaming trail from while slowing them further with .
- Shiva's Guard's armor bonus stacks well with Bristleback's durability.
- Arctic Blast's slow stacks with , reducing enemies to a crawl.
- Arctic Blast boosts Clockwerk's otherwise low damage output.
- Arctic Blast is useful for initiation, especially if used just before landing a .
- Arctic Blast hit numerous heroes when caught together with .
- Arctic Blast's slow prevents enemies from fleeing illusions spawned by , as well as allies hastened by .
- Shiva's Guard's armor and attack speed slow keeps Death Prophet alive longer during .
- Arctic Blast's slow keeps enemies within range of and .
- Shiva's Guard makes up for Doom's low base armor.
- Arctic Blast's slow keeps enemies within range of and upgraded .
- Arctic Blast's slow stacks with 's slow, making it hard for enemies to flee when Phoenix initiates on them.
- 's movement path allows Arctic Blast's radius to cover a very large area, and will hit almost all enemies on the screen.
- Freezing Aura's attack speed slow makes it less likely for enemies to kill Phoenix during .
- 's rapid movement allows Storm Spirit to catch many enemies with Arctic Blast.
- Shiva's Guard's extra armor works well with , making Tidehunter even tankier.
- Shiva's Guard's extra intelligence gives Tidehunter a much larger mana pool, allowing to him comfortably use twice with a .
- ensures that most enemies will be hit by Arctic Blast.
- 's rapid movement helps Timbersaw hit more enemies with Arctic Blast.
- Arctic Blast makes it easier to hit and keep enemies inside 's radius.
- Shiva's Guard's extra armor and attack speed slow makes Underlord relatively tanky, allowing him to teamfight longer with .
- 's high regeneration through makes up for the minor damage received after reduction from Shiva's Guard's armor, protecting him from being killed by burst damage.
- benefits from Shiva's Guard's armor, allowing him to stay in the middle of fights and debuff enemies with , as well as deal damage with 's attack bonus.
- can follow up with Arctic Blast after using or , adding to his overall nuke damage.
- is guaranteed to hit multiple enemies with Arctic Blast after landing a good , which prevents them from quickly spreading out after the stun ends.
- Arcane Orb’s damage as well. benefits greatly from Shiva's Guard's extra intelligence, which lets him deal significantly more damage with . The extra intelligence greatly boosts
- can use Arctic Blast to keep enemies within range of all his abilities.
- can use Arctic Blast to keep enemies within range of his .
- can use Arctic Blast to supplement his low damage, as well as keeping enemies within range of 's zombies.
's effect hits every enemy once within its radius, even after its edge has expanded past the target. Because of its slow expansion time (taking about 2 seconds to reach max radius), it can be thought of as a moving area effect, centered on the hero.
- Use Arctic Blast before blinking or engaging an enemy to instantly deal area damage and movement slow upon initiation.
- This can be used to instantly disable enemy s by prematurely using Arctic Blast out of vision and then blinking onto an enemy.
- Shiva's Guard is a useful item against enemies with mana burn. It greatly increases a hero's mana pool, and its aura slows the number of mana burning attacks made against its owner.
- Shiva's Guard is good against heroes and creeps with low attack speed, causing them to attack even slower.
- The name "Shiva" is a reference to the Shiva of the Final Fantasy series, an elemental summon with the power of ice.
Main Article: Shiva's Guard/Changelogs
- Can no longer be disassembled.