From Dota 2 Wiki
|Said to have belonged to a goddess, today it retains much of its former power.|
- One Shiva's Guard grants a total of 15 armor, 330 mana, 1.2 mana regeneration and 2.14% spell damage (and 30 attack damage to intelligence heroes).
- Does not interrupt the user's channeling spells upon cast.
- The blast spreads at a speed of 350 and takes 2.57 seconds to reach maximum range and dissipate.
- The area of effect is centered around the owner, so when moving or blinking, the radius moves along.
- The blast is not a ring. It affects every enemy within the blast's expanding area of effect.
- This means that unlike with Ravage, it is not possible to avoid the effect by blinking "over" the edge towards the caster.
- Provides 800 radius flying vision, following the caster and leaving a trail of vision which lasts for 2 seconds.
Attack Speed Slow: 45
Item Shivas Guard Aura: Undispellable.
- Freezing Auras from multiple Shiva's Guards do not stack.
- The aura's debuff lingers for 0.5 seconds.
- The status debuff icon only shows up when the affected unit has vision over the Shiva's holder.
- Arctic Blast will hit multiple enemies when initiated on by Berserker's Call.
- Arctic Blast slows fleeing enemies, and helps Axe bring them low enough for Culling Blade.
- Arctic Blast helps Batrider deal extra damage whenever he blinks in to grab an enemy with Flaming Lasso.
- Arctic Blast allows Batrider to stay ahead of targets, burning them with the flaming trail from Firefly while slowing them further with Sticky Napalm.
- Shiva's Guard's armor bonus stacks well with Bristleback's durability.
- Arctic Blast's slow stacks with Viscous Nasal Goo, reducing enemies to a crawl.
- Arctic Blast boosts Clockwerk's otherwise low damage output.
- Arctic Blast is useful for initiation, especially if used just before landing a Hookshot.
- Arctic Blast hit numerous heroes when caught together with Vacuum.
- Arctic Blast's slow prevents enemies from fleeing illusions spawned by Wall of Replica, as well as allies hastened by Surge.
- Shiva's Guard's armor and attack speed slow keeps Death Prophet alive longer during Exorcism.
- Arctic Blast's slow keeps enemies within range of Spirit Siphon and Exorcism.
- Shiva's Guard makes up for Doom's low base armor.
- Arctic Blast's slow keeps enemies within range of Scorched Earth and Aghanim's Scepter upgraded Doom.
- Arctic Blast's slow stacks with Icarus Dive's slow, making it hard for enemies to flee when Phoenix initiates on them.
- Icarus Dive's movement path allows Arctic Blast's radius to cover a very large area, and will hit almost all enemies on the screen.
- Freezing Aura's attack speed slow makes it less likely for enemies to kill Phoenix during Supernova.
- Ball Lightning's rapid movement allows Storm Spirit to catch many enemies with Arctic Blast.
- Shiva's Guard's extra armor works well with Kraken Shell, making Tidehunter even tankier.
- Shiva's Guard's extra intelligence gives Tidehunter a much larger mana pool, allowing to him comfortably use Ravage twice with a Refresher Orb.
- Ravage ensures that most enemies will be hit by Arctic Blast.
- Timber Chain's rapid movement helps Timbersaw hit more enemies with Arctic Blast.
- Arctic Blast makes it easier to hit and keep enemies inside Chakram's radius.
- Shiva's Guard's extra armor and attack speed slow makes Underlord relatively tanky, allowing him to teamfight longer with Atrophy Aura.
- Alchemist's high regeneration through Chemical Rage makes up for the minor damage received after reduction from Shiva's Guard's armor, protecting him from being killed by burst damage.
- Elder Titan benefits from Shiva's Guard's armor, allowing him to stay in the middle of fights and debuff enemies with Natural Order, as well as deal damage with Astral Spirit's attack bonus.
- Invoker can follow up with Arctic Blast after using Tornado or Deafening Blast, adding to his overall nuke damage.
- Magnus is guaranteed to hit multiple enemies with Arctic Blast after landing a good Reverse Polarity, which prevents them from quickly spreading out after the stun ends.
- Outworld Devourer benefits greatly from Shiva's Guard's extra intelligence, which lets him deal significantly more damage with Sanity's Eclipse.
- Razor can use Arctic Blast to keep enemies within range of all his abilities.
- Sand King can use Arctic Blast to keep enemies within range of his Epicenter.
- Undying can use Arctic Blast to supplement his low damage, as well as keeping enemies within range of Tombstone's zombies.
- Arctic Blast's effect hits every enemy once within its radius, even after its edge has expanded past the target. Because of its slow expansion time (taking about 2 seconds to reach max radius), it can be thought of as a moving area effect, centered on the hero.
- Use Arctic Blast before blinking or engaging an enemy to instantly deal area damage upon initiation.
- This can be used to instantly disable enemy Blink Daggers by prematurely using Arctic Blast out of vision and then blinking onto an enemy.
- Shiva's Guard is a useful item against enemies with mana burn. It greatly increases a hero's mana pool, and its aura slows the number of mana burning attacks made against its owner.
- Shiva's Guard is good against heroes and and creeps with low attack speed, causing them to attack even slower.
- The name "Shiva" is a reference to the Shiva of the Final Fantasy series, an elemental summon with the power of ice.
- Shiva is the supreme deity within Shaivism, one of the three most influential denominations in contemporary Hinduism.