|Said to have belonged to a goddess, today it retains much of its former power.|
- For strength heroes, it grants 15 armor, 360 mana and 1.5 mana regen.
- For agility heroes, it grants 15 armor, 360 mana and 1.5 mana regen.
- For intelligence heroes, it grants 15 armor, 360 mana, 1.5 mana regen and 30 attack damage.
- Does not interrupt the user's channeling spells upon cast.
- The blast spreads at a speed of 350 and takes 2.57 seconds to reach maximum range and dissipate.
- The area of effect is centered around the owner, so when moving or blinking, the radius moves along.
- The blast is not a ring. It affects every enemy within the blast's expanding area of effect.
- This means that unlike , it is not possible to avoid the effect by blinking "over" the edge towards the caster.
- Arctic Blast first applies the damage, then the debuff.
- Provides 800 radius flying vision, following the caster and leaving a trail of vision which lasts for 2 seconds.
- Freezing Auras from multiple Shiva's Guards do not stack.
- Applies heal reduction, health regen reduction, lifesteal reduction and spell lifesteal reduction on affected enemies.
- The aura's debuff lingers for 0.5 seconds.
- The status debuff icon on enemies only shows up when the affected unit has vision over the source.
- However, the attack speed slow in the HUD is always visible.
- Arctic Blast will hit multiple enemies when initiated on by .
- Arctic Blast slows fleeing enemies, and helps Axe bring them low enough for .
- Arctic Blast helps Batrider deal extra damage whenever he blinks in to grab an enemy with .
- Arctic Blast allows Batrider to stay ahead of targets, burning them with the flaming trail from while slowing them further with .
- Shiva's Guard's armor bonus stacks well with Bristleback's durability.
- Arctic Blast's slow stacks with , reducing enemies to a crawl.
- Arctic Blast boosts Clockwerk's otherwise low damage output.
- Arctic Blast is useful for initiation, especially if used just before landing a .
- Arctic Blast hit numerous heroes when caught together with .
- Arctic Blast's slow prevents enemies from fleeing illusions spawned by , as well as allies hastened by .
- Shiva's Guard's armor and attack speed slow keeps Death Prophet alive longer during .
- Arctic Blast's slow keeps enemies within range of and .
- Shiva's Guard makes up for Doom's low base armor.
- Arctic Blast's slow keeps enemies within range of and upgraded .
- Arctic Blast's slow stacks with 's slow, making it hard for enemies to flee when Phoenix initiates on them.
- 's movement path allows Arctic Blast's radius to cover a very large area, and will hit almost all enemies on the screen.
- Freezing Aura's attack speed slow makes it less likely for enemies to kill Phoenix during .
- 's rapid movement allows Storm Spirit to catch many enemies with Arctic Blast.
- Shiva's Guard's extra armor works well with , making Tidehunter even tankier.
- Shiva's Guard's extra intelligence gives Tidehunter a much larger mana pool, allowing to him comfortably use twice with a .
- ensures that most enemies will be hit by Arctic Blast.
- 's rapid movement helps Timbersaw hit more enemies with Arctic Blast.
- Arctic Blast makes it easier to hit and keep enemies inside 's radius.
- Shiva's Guard's extra armor and attack speed slow makes Underlord relatively tanky, allowing him to teamfight longer with .
- 's high regeneration through makes up for the minor damage received after reduction from Shiva's Guard's armor, protecting him from being killed by burst damage.
- benefits from Shiva's Guard's armor, allowing him to stay in the middle of fights and debuff enemies with , as well as deal damage with 's attack bonus.
- can follow up with Arctic Blast after using or , adding to his overall nuke damage.
- is guaranteed to hit multiple enemies with Arctic Blast after landing a good , which prevents them from quickly spreading out after the stun ends.
- Arcane Orb’s damage as well. benefits greatly from Shiva's Guard's extra intelligence, which lets him deal significantly more damage with . The extra intelligence greatly boosts
- can use Arctic Blast to keep enemies within range of all his abilities.
- can use Arctic Blast to keep enemies within range of his .
- can use Arctic Blast to supplement his low damage, as well as keeping enemies within range of 's zombies.
- Arctic Blast's effect hits every enemy once within its radius, even after its edge has expanded past the target. Because of its slow expansion time (taking about 2 seconds to reach max radius), it can be thought of as a moving area effect, centered on the hero.
- Use Arctic Blast before blinking or engaging an enemy to instantly deal area damage and movement slow upon initiation.
- This can be used to instantly disable enemy s by prematurely using Arctic Blast out of vision and then blinking onto an enemy.
- Shiva's Guard is a useful item against enemies with mana burn. It greatly increases a hero's mana pool, and its aura slows the number of mana burning attacks made against its owner.
- Shiva's Guard is good against heroes and creeps with low attack speed, causing them to attack even slower.
- The name "Shiva" is a reference to the Shiva of the Final Fantasy series, an elemental summon with the power of ice.