|Heroes:|| Naga Siren|
- Rhasta regards himself as an intermediary between living and dead, as well as a "messenger of those gone by". These descriptions hint at some sort of communication with the world of the dead. He communes with the spirits of ancestors, as well as the "shades", who direct him across the world and grants him strength.
- Rhasta often chants in an unknown language.
- Rhasta continues to tell fortunes, like he did when traveling with his old master.
- Rhasta makes several references to drums, including hearing his own personal drumbeat.
- Rhasta has connections with several esoteric figures or cults, including the Tang-Ki, and the Eki Bukaw.
- Rhasta also knows an ancient spell for curing insomnia: by turning the afflicted into sheep.
- When Rhasta was traveling with his Rhasta's Master, he delighted and shocked crowds with jolts of lightning, charmed dangerous snakes, and amused them by turning himself into a chicken at the end of each performance.Hex description.</ref> After the old con-man was slain, he turned his magical tricks to deadly forms of self-defense. He also developed a method of holding enemies in place with magical bonds.
- Rhasta and Slithice are old friends.
- Jah'rakal looks down on Rhasta because he regards hill trolls to be inferior to true trolls.
The Sordid Era
Like the other shamans of his day, Rhasta traveled from town to town, peddling his services to all manners of peoples. But by near the end of the Sordid Era, the reputation of itinerant shamans had fallen into disrepute. Magicians like Rhasta were blamed for diseases and poor harvests, leading to their persecution and execution. Fearing for his life, Rhasta hid his shamanic powers, disguising himself as a vagabond, while performing the same services the old con-man once had. Should anyone ask about his skills, he claimed he had merely learned them on the road as a wanderer. His master's advice stayed with him, and he wore a wide-brimmed hat, as well as banners on his back that clearly displayed the services he offered, in case of any confusion that may lead to hostilities with distrustful villagers. While on the road, he brewed a potent drink, which he kept in a bottle by his side, toxic to everyone except himself.
The Serpent Priest
Rhasta's enemies piled up as he killed his pursuers, attracting even more powerful foes to seek him out. To avoid his, he went into hiding below the earth, but did not find sanctuary there either. Instead, he was met by Gliss, a lordly serpent priest who desired his powers, and tried to attack him with a cursed decanter. Rhasta had no choice but to kill Gliss, and later acquired the priest's censer for himself.
Friendships and rivalries
Allies meeting Shadow Shaman
- Play Play I'm a fan of your work Shaman, a good con is a thing of beauty.
- Play Play Are your grifting days all behind you, Shadow Shaman?
- Play Shadow Shaman, my old friend.
- Play Shaman, we shall lay our enemies low.
Enemies killing Shadow Shaman
- Play Did you not see me in the shadows, Shaman?
- Play Shadow Shaman, your pagan ways die with you.
- Play Shadow Shaman, I've seen your end.
- Play Shadow Shaman, over the hills with you!
- Play Oh Rhasta, still playing at doctor?
- Play Shaman, I envy you the plunge into death's Shadow.
- Play I send you to your ancestors.
- Play You join the great gone-by.
- Play Play Never trust a wizard.
- Play Play Go with your father, Shaman.
- Play Leave the snake magic to the experts, Shaman.
- Play Play You're nothing a but a petty thug.
- Play Play I know a huckster when I see one.
- Play Shadow Shaman, I cast you out.
- Play I am honored to have faced a shaman's skill.
- Play Bow before your warlord.
- Play The trolls from the hills are barely trolls at all.
- Play Hill trolls are the weakest of our kind.
- Play Your shades guided you to my kingdom.
- Play Play These so-called gods of yours are unknown to me. You should introduce us.
- Play Vexed and hexed by fortune's shackles shall ye be.
- Shadow Shaman response: Play I am the messenger of those gone by.
- Shadow Shaman response: Play I am the medium between the worlds!
- Shadow Shaman response: Play As the shades direct.
- Shadow Shaman response: Play Suluchi-nominus-forti-cali!
- Shadow Shaman response: Play Told your fortune.
- Shadow Shaman response: Play I move to my own drumbeat.
- Lamb to the Slaughter description.
- Ether Shock description.
- Mass Serpent Ward description.
- Shackles description.
- Naga Siren response: Play Shadow Shaman, my old friend.
- Troll Warlord response: Play Hill trolls are the weakest of our kind.
- Dark Willow response: Play We need to come up with a schedule for who gets to hit what city. Last time we overlapped, it was trouble for both of us.
- The Mysterious Vagabond Set description.
- Mysterious Vagabond's Pack description.
- Mysterious Vagabond's Concoction description.
- Censer of Gliss description.