Among the sovereign Demons with explicit access to this world, Doom scarcely bothers with the affairs of Noninfernals and Lesser Spectral Consorts, while Shadow Fiend passes through almost exclusively on collecting expeditions. The Shadow Demon, however, has always taken a deep and abiding interest in the material plane, as if sensing that mastery of this gritty dimensional nexus might be the key to total domination of all realities. Summoned first by minor wizards, the Shadow Demon granted every wish and put on increasingly impressive displays of power until he had the full attention of the greatest demonologists, and through them the various lords, tyrants, autarchs and hierophants who depended on sorcery to buttress their mundane power. So great was his deception that all his summoners considered themselves the master and Shadow Demon the servant; meanwhile, he eroded their identities and made their minds his own. In the end, most members of the cult were hollow puppets, extensions of his evil will. What Shadow Demon's next step would have been remains open to speculation, for around this time, Nevermore the Shadow Fiend bit into a particularly nasty-tasting soul and discovered that it held nothing but a foul nougat of Shadow Demon's essence. Alerted that a coup was underway, and that the ancient equilibrium of the Umbral Pact was about to be destabilized, Doom and Shadow Fiend briefly joined forces to destroy the burgeoning cult. Combining spells of incredible force, they undid Shadow Demon's centuries of patient work, reducing his cult to smithereens--and all its members to a bloody splatter. Nothing remained except a tiny speck of demon shadow. Immortal and irreducible, this mote of evil was enough to seed the Shadow Demon's next scheme, and in fits and starts, over further centuries, he began to regroup. Whatever that speck of shadow touched, it tainted, and its influence gradually grew. A chaos of damaged parts pulled together, reknit, and combined to give Shadow Demon a form even stronger than his former. He is all but complete now, and his plan for infinite dominion lacks all of its former weaknesses. It would seem that such a being of pure malice and malevolence, a threat to all creation, would be forever out of place in our world...yet Shadow Demon does not lack for followers.
- Like other demons, Shadow Demon speaks Ozkavosh.
- Nevermore was once in service to Shadow Demon, possibly because of an unknown debt.
- Shadow Demon employs gifts and bribery to get people to join his cult.
Friendships and rivalries
Allies meeting Shadow Demon
- Play r Eyik izh poz.
- Play u Ozkavosh icha domosh.
- Play r Ozkavosh icha domosh.
- Play Play r A demon watching my back. There's a first time for everything.
- Play Play r I'm something of a demon myself, you know.
- Play Play r We demons shall take them.
- Play u We demons shall take them.
Enemies killing Shadow Demon
- Play You do not deserve such power.
- Play Izh acha vo'domosh.
- Play Ahm'ov icha domosh omoz.
- Play Shadow Demon, ye're but a shadow of the demon fleet I put down.
- Play Go back to your hells.
- Play u Go back to your hells.
- Play Play Begone hellspawn!
- Play Never trust a demon.
- Play u Never trust a demon.
- Play Play r I've dealt with your puppets before. It's nice to kill the real thing.
- Play Play r I'll always know which one is real, Shadow Demon.
- Play Play I'll keep your soul where light cannot defile it.
- Play Play Your shadow soul's within my grasp.
- Play Play Demon, your shadow is cheerily bright, compared to my uttermost absence of light.
- Play Play Ozh ahm'poz arkosh.
- Play Play Vo'hadoq greesh. Sol icha Ozh!
- Play Play Ozh acha vo'izh.
- Play A demon returns to hell.
- Play Back to hell with you.
- Play Play Play A lesser demon, you were.
- Play Play Play Sof izh.
- Play r Your shadow shall become possessed by its unrightful lord.
- Play Vile hellbeast!
- Play u Vile hellbeast!
- ↑ Shadow Fiend response: Play Play Vo'hadoq greesh. Sol icha Ozh!
- ↑ Dark Willow response: Play I don't want any of your gifts, Demon.