|A form of plant originally grown in the garden of a fearful king.|
- Stacks with itself and with
in the inventory, there is no stack limit. The sell value adapts based on the number of instances in a stack.
- Wards from multiple players are combined when given by allies.
- Sentry Wards are completely shareable.
- Killing a Sentry Ward prints out a chat notification to allies.
- Provides 150 radius ground vision at its location for 12 seconds.
- Cannot be placed inside the fountain area (including a small area in front of the ramp), or in 's pit.
- It is not possible to give couriers or a Sentry Ward by holding Control.
- Creep spawn ranges are shown before placing a ward, allowing camps to be blocked.
- The radiuses of already placed Sentry Wards is shown as well, allowing to see how they overlap.
Placed Sentry Ward
- The True Sight is provided in its whole area, it is not obstructed by anything.
- The True Sight is provided by an aura which affects enemies. Its debuff lingers for 0.5 seconds.
- Cannot detect units under the effect of , and ' mines under the effect of an upgraded .
- Holding ALT shows all allied sentries' True Sight radius with a green ring.
Fade Time: 0
- The ability and modifier are not displayed in-game.
- The Sentry Ward is recommended when facing heroes who mostly relies on invisibility (Or using invisibility as an escape mechanism), especially
- It is great to be placed near towers or shrines, so it can help heroes gank over them.
- Sentry Wards' detection radius is quite large, making them useful for keeping an eye out on invisible heroes in key areas, given one has vision over that area.
- Sentry Wards are commonly used to de-ward enemy wards, as they are able to detect their wards.
- When dewarding, the ward is best placed so that its true sight reaches multiple common ward spots, so that it is more likely to spot enemy wards.
- If an enemy ward location is known, the sentry ward is best placed so that the enemy won't find it when they try to de-ward the sentry wards, like between some trees, but still so that their ward is within true sight range.
- Similar to Observer Wards, Sentry Wards can also be used to block neutral creep camps.
- Knowing how to craft a ward is an important skill for artificers of magical goods. Rylai showed great talent at crafting wards, and once considered becoming an artificer.
- Despite this, the flavor text for this item refers to Sentry Wards as plants and states that they were "originally grown in [a] garden." This implies that they are grown as opposed to crafted, directly contradicting the White Sentry's description.
- White Sentry description.