Scythe of Vyse
| Scythe of Vyse|
|The most guarded relic among the cult of Vyse, it is the most coveted weapon among magi.|
The Scythe of Vyse, also known as Sheepstick, is an item purchasable at the Main Shop, under Caster. However, it requires items from the Secret Shop/Side Lane Shop to be assembled, or can be assembled entirely with items from the Secret Shop.
- One Scythe of Vyse grants a total of 200 health, 7.14% health regeneration amplification, 1.67 armor, 10 attack speed, 420 mana, 159.75 (+ %) mana regeneration, 2.5% spell damage and 10 (35 to intelligence heroes) attack damage.
- Applies a hex on the target, setting its base movement speed to 140, silencing, muting and disarming it.
- Since hex changes base movement speed and does not actually apply a slow, all speed effects are calculated using the 140 base speed.
- Hex instantly destroys illusions.
- Scythe of Vyse's hex transforms the target into a pig.
Heroes whose default item build includes Scythe of Vyse as a core item
Heroes whose default item build includes Scythe of Vyse as a situational item
Intelligence: Batrider, Storm Spirit, Tinker, Silencer, Witch Doctor, Crystal Maiden, Death Prophet, Rubick, Invoker, Leshrac. Pugna, Outworld Devourer, Enigma, Warlock, Dazzle, Shadow Shaman, Shadow Demon, Necrophos, Visage, Skywrath Mage, Disruptor, Lion, Enchantress, Windranger, Oracle, Dark Seer.
- Combine it with a blink or invisibility to surprise your target and approach and hit him while he is hexed. You can also use those items to catch an enemy that is running away.
- Useful against enemies that have items to purge debuffs like Eul's Scepter of Divinity, Manta Style, Guardian Greaves to use a Bloodthorn in combination.
- Extremely powerful against heroes with high DPS, escape abilities, disablers, debuffs and carrying initiation or escape items like Black King Bar, Blade Mail, Blink Dagger, Shadow Blade, Town Portal Scroll.
- As a support it can be worth to use hex on an enemy carry using Lotus Orb.
- In the original DotA, this item was known as Guinsoo's Scythe of Vyse, as a tribute to one of the developers of DotA: Allstars, who went on to co-create League of Legends.
- This item is known by many players (and referred to by several in-game Heroes) as "Sheepstick" due to turning targeted heroes into sheep in DotA. However, in Dota 2, targeted units turn into a pig.
- The item's name may be a reference to the Sega RPG Skies of Arcadia. The main character, Vyse, has been depicted wielding a scythe in early concept art.