Scythe of Vyse
| Scythe of Vyse|
|The most guarded relic among the cult of Vyse, it is the most coveted weapon among magi.|
The Scythe of Vyse, also known as Sheepstick, is an item purchasable at the Main Shop, under Caster. However, it requires items from the Secret Shop/Side Lane Shop to be assembled, or can be assembled entirely with items from the Secret Shop.
- For strength heroes, it grants 225 health, 6.88% health regen amplification, 1% magic resistance, 1.6 armor, 10 attack speed, 0.5% movement speed, 420 mana, 63% mana regen amplification (at least 3.67 mana regen), 2.45% spell damage and 10 attack damage.
- For agility heroes, it grants 180 health, 5.5% health regen amplification, 0.8% magic resistance, 2 armor, 12.5 attack speed, 0.63% movement speed, 420 mana, 63% mana regen amplification (at least 3.67 mana regen), 2.45% spell damage and 10 attack damage.
- For intelligence heroes, it grants 180 health, 5.5% health regen amplification, 0.8% magic resistance, 1.6 armor, 10 attack speed, 0.5% movement speed, 525 mana, 78.75% mana regen amplification (at least 6.56 mana regen), 3.06% spell damage and 35 attack damage.
- Applies a hex on the target, setting its base movement speed to 140, silencing, muting and disarming it.
- Since hex changes base movement speed and does not actually apply a slow, all speed effects are calculated using the 140 base speed.
- Hex instantly destroys illusions.
- Scythe of Vyse's hex transforms the target into a pig.
Heroes whose default item build includes Scythe of Vyse as a core item
Heroes whose default item build includes Scythe of Vyse as a situational item
Strength:, , , .
Agility:, , , , , .
Intelligence:, , , , , , , , , . , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , .
- Combine it with a blink or invisibility to surprise your target and approach and hit him while he is hexed. You can also use those items to catch an enemy that is running away.
- Useful against enemies that have items to dispel debuffs like , , to use a in combination.
- Extremely powerful against heroes with high DPS, escape abilities, disablers, debuffs and carrying initiation or escape items like
, , , , .
- Alternatively a and can put an enemy carry out of a fight, unable to attack, it is useful against heroes hard to reach with high attack range.
- As a support it can be worth to use hex on an enemy carry using .
- In the original DotA, this item was known as Guinsoo's Scythe of Vyse, as a tribute to one of the developers of DotA: Allstars, who went on to co-create League of Legends.
- This item is known by many players (and referred to by several in-game Heroes) as "Sheepstick" due to turning targeted heroes into sheep in DotA. However, in Dota 2, targeted units turn into a pig.
- The item's name may be a reference to the Sega RPG Skies of Arcadia. The main character, Vyse, has been depicted wielding a scythe in early concept art.