Rooftrellen, the Treant Protector, is a melee strength hero who excels in supporting and strengthening his allies with his beneficial set of spells, which use the power of nature. He is a natural tank, offensively and defensively, having both the highest natural attack damage and the third highest overall strength in the game. Manipulating the power of the plants to his will, he can grant invisibility and stealth to himself with Nature's Guise and move quickier with a stunning hit, being a good ganking skill and rather efficient for scouting, provided that he remains within close proximity to a tree. He can use Leech Seed to sap the life from a target, slowing and dealing moderate damage over time to it while nearby allies are replenished by the same amount. His signature Living Armor makes him truly live up his title, as he is able to provide allies and even friendly buildings with increased health regeneration and a massive damage block from anywhere on the map. Finally, his ultimate Overgrowth roots nearby enemies with vines, branches, and roots; though it does not deal any damage, it immobilizes them and renders them unable to attack for several crucial seconds. Although Rooftrellen is not able to dish out much damage outside of his regular attacks, he is able to provide an enormous amount of defensive utility and survivability to himself and his teammates, thereby planting the seeds for a decisive victory.
- Can deal up to 360/480/600/720 damage (before reductions).
- Deals damage and sends healing projectiles in 0.5-second intervals, starting 0.5 seconds after cast, resulting in 10 pulses.
- Can drain up to Can deal up to 75/150/225/300 ( 275/350/425/500) health (before reductions)
- Healing projectiles travel at a speed of 400.
- If the target turns invisible, the pulses continue coming from its current actual position, making it possible to track it.
- When targeting the ground, the closest unit to the target point is targeted instead.
- Can be cast on buildings, providing all its effects to them.
- The talent turns Living Armor into an area-targeted spell, so that it cannot directly target units anymore.
- Only counts player based damage.
- This is an innate ability and does not need to be skilled. It is not bound to any ability, but to Treant Protector himself.
- Casting spells or using items does not break the invisibility.
- Treant Protector stays invisible as long as there are trees within 265 radius around him.
- The invisibility is not instantly lost upon getting too far from trees. There is a 0.75-second-long grace time.
- This means Treant Protector can stay up to 0.75 seconds long away from trees and still be invisible.
- The grace time resets whenever a tree is within range again. The grace time is not indicated anywhere.
- In addition to tree-walking, Treant Protector is also phased while invisible.
When Overgrowth is cast, it is also cast around Eye of the Forest.
Also causes trees to respawn after 10 seconds, instead of 5 minutes.
- Roots and disarms the targets, preventing them from moving, attacking and casting certain mobility spells.
- Provides True Sight over the targets, but does not affect already invisible targets.
- Forces a stop command onto the targets upon cast, so that their current move, attack and spell cast orders get canceled.
- When upgraded, also affects enemies which are within range of a tree enchanted by .
- Deals damage in 1-second intervals, starting 1 second after cast, resulting in 3/4/5 ( 4/5/6) instances.
- Can deal up to 300/400/500 ( 800/1000/1200) damage per affected unit (before reductions).
- Requires to be unlocked.
- There is no limit on how many enchanted trees can be up at one time.
- The Enchantment of a tree has no expire time; it lasts until the tree gets destroyed.
- If the enemy has True Sight over the enchanted tree, they are able to see the visual effects on both the affected tree and the 800 radius around it.
- The sound effect upon cast is audible to allies only.
- Upon dropping, selling or destroying Aghanim's Scepter, the enchanted trees still provide vision, and are not removed.
- However, Overgrowth does not root enemies around enchanted trees, and does not deal damage.
|700 AoE||25||100 DPS|
|+40Damage/Heal||20||15% Cooldown Reduction|
- Added innate passive ability
- Whenever Treant hasn't taken damage in the last 3 seconds, he gains the ability to path through trees. While in trees you gain 25% more regeneration and heal as well as a 15% Movement Speed bonus. (Once you have the ability to walk through trees, you don't lose it until you aren't near trees.)
- now also causes trees to respawn every 10 seconds, instead of 5 minutes.
- Cast range is now global, instead of 700.
- Reduced armor bonus from 7/10/13/16 to 4/6/8/10.
- Reduced total heal from 60/120/180/240 to 60/100/140/180.
- Increased duration from 8 to 12.
- Level 10 Left Talent: Changed from 10% Cooldown Reduction to Invisibility.
- Level 10 Right Talent: Changed from +60 Heal to +50 Damage.
- Level 15 Right Talent: Changed from +90 Damage to +60 .
- Level 20 Right Talent: Changed from Gains Tree Walking to 15% Cooldown Reduction.
- No longer targets trees directly.
- Reduced cooldown from 20 to 20/19/18/17.
- Reduced cooldown from 16 to 16/15/14/13.
- Increased damage from 50/75/100 to 100.
- Increased movement speed from 270 to 280.
- Provides 7/10/13/16 Armor
- Restores 60/120/180/240 health over the duration
- Cast range 700
- Lasts 8 seconds
- Reduced cast point from 0.5 to 0.4.
- Rescaled cooldown from 30/24/18/12 to 26/22/18/14.
- Now a self cast spell.
- Drains the life from a random nearby enemy within 700 range every 0.5 seconds and restores your life.
- Enemies affected by this are slowed by 26/34/42/50% for 0.5 seconds for each pulse. Prioritizes heroes.
- Lasts 5 seconds.
- Lifedrain per second: 15/30/45/60.
- Duration: 5.
- Cooldown: 16.
- Mana cost: 80
has been replaced with Nature's Grasp.
- Targets a location, creating vines along the way. If any vine touches a tree, all the vines have 50% better effect.
- Vines slow down enemy heroes by 25/30/35/40%
- Vines deal 30/40/50/60 damage per second. Deals half damage to creeps.
- Vines last until up to 12 seconds.
- Cast Range: 1500.
- Cooldown: 20.
- Mana cost: 60/70/80/90
- Reduced duration from 3.5/4.25/5 to 3/4/5
- Now does 50/75/100 DPS as part of the base skill instead of Scepter providing it
- Now deals damage through spell immunity (as a result of the Spell Immunity change)
- Level 10 right talent: Replaced +2 instances bonus with +60 heal bonus.
- Level 15 left talent: Replaced reduced map tree spawn time to 2s with +30 damage per second.
- Level 20 right talent: Replaced +2s root duration with Gains Tree Walking.
- Level 20 left talent: Reduced damage/heal bonus from 50 to 40.
- Level 25 right talent: Replaced +350 and radius with +1s and +100 damage per second.
- heals a little at a time in the laning stage.
- restores large amount of health.
- sustains mana for using early Leech Seed to harass enemies.
- applies a slow to keep enemies in range of your powerful physical attacks in the early game.
- ferries items to teammates.
- grants map vision.
- give movement speed boost.
- helps with mana and health restoration.
- provides mana regeneration and magical damage absorption, as well as building Urn of Shadows.
- grants movement speed bonus for cheap.
- restores mana to Treant Protector and allies.
- provides some attributes, as well as restoring health and mana in bursts.
- gives miscellaneous bonuses and charges to heal or hurt heroes.
- sustains mana, as well as granting or removing armor of units.
- , an upgrade of Arcane Boots and Mekansm, restores health and mana in an area; it also carries an aura of health regeneration and armor that works better on heroes at low HP.
- grants vision over the map and allows Treant Protector to deal some damage in the late game with a semi-global Overgrowth.
- gives regeneration and armor, as well as Echo Shell on friendly heroes to dispel and reflect single targeted spells.
- provides health regeneration and movement speed to roam the map. Consider it when teammates do not need extra mana from Arcane Boots.
- solves Treant Protector's mana problems in the early to mid game so he can use Leech Seed more frequently to gank and Living Armor to heal. Consider this item with Tranquil Boots to offset its health cost.
- provides cheap attribute bonuses, and movement speed for allies and Treant Protector, which stacks with Nature's Grasp.
- allows for more powerful initiaions with Overgrowth, as well as letting Treant Protector dart around the forest while remaining invisible through Nature's Grasp.
- gives Treant Protector strength, intelligence, regeneration, and area stun. Overgrowth's root will help him use this item reliably as an initiation tool.
- provides Treant Protector and his team with a useful aura, most notably the attack damage bonus that scales well in the late game.
- provides team with protection against magical damage.
- status resistance, and evasion to increase durability. disarms an enemy hero, while providing strength,
- provides protection against physical damage with armor and slow aura that also helps in teamfights.
- lowers cooldowns of items and abilities, especially the upgraded Overgrowth to increase farm and apply constant pressure on all lanes.
- allows Treant Protector to use Overgrowth twice in quick succession.
- applies excellent area damage during fights, even while invisible.
|Roles:||Support Initiator Durable Disabler Escape|
|Playstyle:||From beyond the Vale of Augury comes Rooftrellen, a lone explorer sent forth by his ancient race to survey the wider world. Barely distinguishable from his arboreal brethren, the Treant Protector summons a wall of vines with Nature's Grasp, draining foes with Leech Seed while protecting allies with Living Armor. Given possession of one mystical scepter, Rooftrellen enchants trees to serve as his Eyes in the Forest. Unsuspecting foes may find themselves in an Overgrowth of vines and roots, fully immobilized for that which awaits them.|
- Treant Protector has "Riki was here" carved into his side (near the left-handed runes on his belt).
- Treant Protector's appearance, name, and voice are based heavily on Treebeard, the eldest of the Ent race, who appears in the Lord of the Rings books and movies.
- Treant Protector's response ▶️ "They say my bark is worse than my bite. I wonder what that means." is a reference to the speaking tree "Grandmother Willow" from Pocahontas.
- Treant Protector's response "You were nasty, brutal, and most of all short", in reply to killing Pugna, is a reference to the 1651 book, Leviathan by Thomas Hobbes