Rod of Atos
From Dota 2 Wiki
|Item||Old Abilities||Changelogs||Known Bugs|
| Rod of Atos|
|Atos, the Lord of Blight, has his essence stored in this deceptively simple wand.|
- One Rod of Atos grants a total of 300 health, 10.71% health regeneration amplification, 1 armor, 6 attack speed, 240 mana, 0 mana regeneration, 1.43% spell damage and 15 attack damage to strength heroes, 6 to agility heroes and 20 to intelligence heroes.
- The projectile travels at a speed of 1500.
- Roots the target, preventing it from moving and casting certain mobility spells.
- Successive casts on the same target do not stack, but refresh the duration instead.
Recommended heroesAncient Apparition
- Cripple synergizes well with Cold Feet, as the root is long enough to ensure that the target gets frozen in place.
- Cripple also forces the target to stay within Ice Vortex's range for a bit longer, allowing him and his allies to nuke down the target faster.
- Cripple will make sure an enemy does not run away from Kinetic Field before it is set-up.
- Cripple will help you reach an enemy in order to use Glimpse on them.
- Cripple will make all slow moving or delayed spells easier to land such as: EMP, Tornado, Deafening Blast, Chaos Meteor and Sun Strike.
- Cripple will help you close the distance between you and your enemy in order to cast Ice Wall.
- Forge Spirit will have a much easier time staying close to your enemy due to cripple.
- Cripple will make landing Dual Breath and Ice Path much easier.
- Cripple will force enemies under Macropyre stay on it longer, thus taking more damage.
- Cripple will make landing Light Strike Array much easier, due to its effect delay.
- Cripple helps you land more autoattacks in case your target is trying to run away, working with the attack speed from Fiery Soul.
- Cripple helps Outworld Devourer to get a few more guaranteed hits with Arcane Orb on the target, while the intelligence bonus also boosts Arcane Orb's and Sanity's Eclipse's damage, since their damage is mana/intelligence-based.
- Cripple will make landing Illusory Orb much easier, due to its slow travel time.
- Cripple will also help you get close to an enemy to use Waning Rift on them, if you want to save Illusory Orb.
- Using cripple on an enemy chasing you will make it much harder from them.
- Using cripple right after an enemy is stunned from Dream Coil will make them much easier to kill.
- Cripple will help Razor lock down a target and drain more damage using Static Link, if they were trying to escape.
- Cripple will also help with making sure that he gets the maximum amount of damage from Plasma Field and force them to take some hits from Eye of the Storm.
- Cripple will help illusions summoned from Disruption catch up to their target
- Cripple can be cast right after Disruption in order to offer even more lockdown.
- Silencer often has trouble keeping up to people. Cripple will make it much easier for you to keep up with your enemies and hit them with Glaives of Wisdom.
- Cripple synergizes extremely well with Mystic Flare, rooting an enemy long enough for the spell to deal almost all of its damage. Ancient Seal further increases the damage dealt and also prevents the enemy from using abilities to fight or flee while rooted.
- Cripple also helps compensate for Arcane Bolt's slow travel speed, holding a target in place for the spell to impact more quickly and keeping them in range long enough for Skywrath Mage to cast multiple Arcane Bolts. The bonus Intelligence also increases Arcane Bolt's damage.
- Using cripple when an enemy is near a tree will be a smart idea in order to get the most damage out of your abilities.
- Crippled enemies will stay longer in Chakram, thus taking more damage.
- Cripple will help the golem summoned from Chaotic Offering keep up to targets.
- Because Visage has no disables other than a slow, Rod of Atos will greatly help disabling an opponent when it's getting damaged from Visage's familiars.
- Root is a great disable to make a melee hero unable to reach his target and attack and later to force them to use their Black King Bar while out of position.
- This item can be combined with a Bloodthorn and/or a Necronomicon to get more attacks off.
- Combine it with an Hurricane Pike to push away your target then root him for preventing your enemy from attacking or escaping.
- The item can be used for ganking, chasing survivors after a team fight, or to escape.
- The very long cast range makes the Rod of Atos an effective item to disable an enemy Linken's Sphere from afar, although it requires the projectile to connect.
- The particle effects of Cripple include runes resembling the Elvish scripts from The Lord of the Rings, a novel by J.R.R. Tolkien (specifically the alphabet bee or umbar in Tengwar).