From Dota 2 Wiki
| Refresher Orb|
|A powerful artifact created for wizards.|
- Interrupts the user's channeling spells upon cast.
- Only refreshes items in the user's inventory. Items in the stash, in other units' inventories or dropped items are unaffected.
- Only refreshes items owned by the user. Allied items in the inventory are not refreshed.
- Refreshes all spells owned by the user. This includes hidden or inactive spells (e.g. invoked spells or Battle Cry).
- This means that it does not refresh all spells for Rubick. Stolen spells are only refreshed when he owns them upon refreshing.
- Also replenishes all charges of charge-based abilities.
- Does not refresh the cooldown of Cloak and Dagger and Drunken Brawler's certain crit/evasion timers.
- Visually resets the cooldown of Tranquil Boots, but does not skip the broken state.
- Since items of same kind always share cooldown, it is not possible to refresh a Refresher Orb's cooldown with another Refresher Orb.
- Tidehunter may pick Refresher Orb because of his long-cooldown ultimate, Ravage, dealing high damage to all enemies in an area, and a high perma-stun. Keep an eye on his low mana-pool before using double Ravage!
- Magnus is one of the best, if not, the best hero to carry Refresher Orb, mainly because he can combine it with Reverse Polarity to create chaos in teamfights, with a double Reverse Polarity resulting in up to an 8-second stun if used correctly.
- Synergizes greatly with AoE abilities such as Sonic Wave and Earth Splitter, or heroes capable of dealing high physical damage, mainly with cleave, like Sven, or any other hero that can deal high area damage with Magnus' Empower, like Tusk or Phantom Assassin.
- Black Hole is one of the best initiation abilities, combined with Refresher Orb, it can create a chaotic teamfight both for your team and the enemy.
- Enigma has a high mana pool, making double Black Hole possible even with a double Midnight Pulse on top of it to deal massive amounts of pure damage over time.
- Very situational, but if enemy team has a great AoE initiator like Magnus, Tidehunter, or Enigma, a Refresher Orb is a must-have if one can afford it.
- Heroes with great AoE skills that could initiate a teamfight or those who have high-cooldown abilities/ultimates might rather get a Refresher Orb, examples are: Jakiro's Macropyre, Crystal Maiden's Freezing Field.
- Using Refresher Orb allows some skills to have two instances running simultaneously; for example, Eye of the Storm, Chaotic Offering.
- Note though that some spells are specifically coded to not be able to run multiple instances at the same time (e.g. Exorcism). Before building Refresher Orb, be sure that the ability you aim to use it with supports multiple instances at the same time or is worth having its duration doubled.