|is a fast, tough anti-carry who steals attack damage from his enemies, and transfers it to himself. He can quickly melt away armor with , allowing his team to finish off enemies with ease. However, Razor has no disables, and must rely on staying close to his targets and executing his abilities properly to deal damage.|
|+200Damage||25||+100 Attack Speed|
|-0.1Strike Interval||20||+10 Armor|
|+4%Movement Speed||15||+7Damage Steal|
|+15 Agility||10||+225 Health|
Tips & Tactics
- Razor can play in all lanes, but usually starts mid. Because of his speed and durability, he is not too dependent on supports.
- Razor is durable compared to many carries, especially in the early to mid game. However, this advantage falls off in the late game.
- Compared to other carries, Razor's attacks deal little damage. In order to hit hard, Razor relies on his Static Link to steal enemy damage, and Eye of the Storm to lower their armor.
- Razor's abilities are dependent on positioning, requiring him to chase and stay close to his targets.
- Purchasing items that grant movement speed will help. Examples include and .
- Razor's ability effects and sounds cannot be seen or heard by the enemy when he is invisible, allowing him to deal damage surreptitiously with a or other means of invisibility.
- However, enemies may counter with to slow down Razor.
- Though the visual effect may appear to connect instantly, Razor's attack projectile still needs a bit more time to travel; so, get used to his animation to last hit.
- Razor can get items to boost his durability, damage, or both, depending on what his team needs.
- With Unstable Current, Eye of the Storm, and a few defensive items, Razor should aim to dominate the battlefield by placing himself directly in the middle of the fight.
- Try to catch enemies with the edge of Plasma Field's radius, as this will deal maximum damage and slow.
- Therefore, Razor may sometimes want to move away from the enemies to deal full damage and slow with Plasma Field.
- Use Plasma Field to harass enemies in lane and secure last hits.
- Plasma Field deals damage to invisible enemies, or enemies juking in the trees.
- Since Plasma Field's expanding radius follows Razor as he moves, its range can become large. If Razor keeps moving toward the enemies after using Plasma Field early, he may catch up and hit them.
- Use Plasma Field's wide radius to farm jungle creeps by hitting multiple camps at once.
- Enemies can see Plasma Field's large area effect across any terrain, thus giving away his position. So, think when using it before ganks or during a Roshan attempt.
- More tips needed.
- Level Static Link first to zone out the laning opponent, reducing their damage so they cannot get last hits. Conversely, it also helps Razor get last hits by giving him more damage.
- Move close to the target, then use Static Link to drain them for as long as possible. Do not attack the enemy, as it will cause the lane creeps to aggro, forcing you to retreat without stealing much damage.
- This method allows Razor to dominate against a solo lane opponent.
- In teamfights, use Static Link on enemy carries as early as possible to transfer their damage to Razor, neutralizing much of the enemy damage output.
- A quickly broken Static Link does not necessary spell defeat, but will cause Razor to do little damage.
- Static Link is undispellable and pierces spell immunity.
- Because of its cast animation time, try to use Static Link when Razor is close to the target. Using it from the maximum cast range will often allow the target to break the link before Razor can catch up.
- Static Link will stay applied to when using , and will continue to sap damage from .
- Blinking heroes like or can break Static Link with ease. Make sure to disable them or wait after they have blinked before using Static Link.
- Razor may want to hold the skill point of Unstable Current in lane since the ability may interfere with lane equilibrium.
- With the saved skill point, Razor can skill Unstable Current when going for kills.
- The speed increase from a single point in Unstable Current is usually enough for the mid game.
- In lane, approach the creep wave and trigger Unstable Current to add damage as Razor is attacking for last hits; enemies will finds it hard to deny against Razor's large amount of damage.
- More tips needed.
- Eye of the Storm keeps lowering the enemy's armor with each hit.
- Eye of the Storm will more likely to strike creeps as they have lower health than heroes, thus Razor should use Plasma Field to clear the creeps first.
- Razor can direct Eye of the Storm to target an enemy by attacking and lowering that enemy's health.
- Eye of the Storm prioritizes targets affected by Static Link.
- Eye of the Storm can deal devastating damage to a single enemy, as long as Razor keeps the target within range, an easy way to get early kills.
- Because Eye of the Storm reduces armor, armor reducing items like and will allow Razor and his team do heavy damage to an affected target.
- Move between attacks to keep enemies within Eye of the Storm's range.
- Take advantage of Eye of the Storm's long duration to activate it before fights, lest the enemies disable Razor first.
, Eye of the Storm can target buildings, allowing Razor to push with ease. Combined with its short cooldown, Razor can apply pressure by clearing creeps and damaging towers.
- However, Eye of the Storm will not hit filler buildings nor Roshan.
- More tips needed.
- adds to Razor's already decent starting attributes.
- helps Razor stay in lane with health regeneration.
- can save Razor by restoring his health.
- may keep Razor alive with burst health.
- gives burst mana so Razor can use Plasma Field to finish off his enemies in the early game.
- can help Razor get off an extra Plasma Field.
- , combined with Unstable Current, make Razor one of the fastest heroes in the early game.
- helps with regeneration if Razor is playing in mid, as his superior movement speed helps him reach runes faster.
- grants attributes and more charges to restore health and mana.
- allow Razor to catch up to enemies and keep them within range of Static Link and Eye of the Storm.
- enhances attributes, attack speed, and movement speed.
- provides many bonuses including movement speed and status resistance, helping Razor keep enemies within range of his abilities.
- spell immunity negates numerous disables, allowing Razor to keep up with enemies. 's
- 's evasion and movement speed make Razor more difficult for enemy carries to take down, so he can live and drain more damage.
- upgrades Eye of the Storm's damage output, as well as helping Razor take down buildings faster.
- magic resistance, magical damage absorption, and health regeneration. protects Razor against magical damage with
- channeling like Town Portal Scroll. 's Cyclone holds target in place so Razor can continue to drain their damage. Furthermore, it increases movement speed so Razor can keep the enemies within range, as well as providing a way to interrupt
- helps Razor last longer in lane, increases his attack speed, and allows him to dominate a creep to scout, use its abilities, or attack.
- deters enemies from attacking, letting Razor stay alive longer when using Static Link and Eye of the Storm.
- allows Razor to use and pursue enemies with Static Link and Eye of the Storm with invisibility. Enemies cannot hear or see the sounds and visual effects from his abilities, but they will still do damage.
- boosts Razor's attack range and attributes, as well as giving him a tool to escape or position himself.
- increases defense with armor and aura that decreases enemy attack speed. The active ability slows enemy movement speed to keep them within abilities' ranges of Razor.
- 's armor reduction works well with Eye of the Storm. It also provides attack speed and armor aura to keep Razor and teammates alive.
- gives a sizeable amount of health and attributes, as well as a slow to keep enemies in range.
- gives Razor durability with strength and health, helping him stay alive and keep Eye of the Storm active for as long as possible.
- allows Razor to keep two instances of Eye of the Storm active at the same time, dealing heavy damage and armor reduction. Combined with , Eye of the Storm can hit buildings twice as often.