Razor, the Lightning Revenant, is a ranged position-based agility tank/carry that employs his abilities to deal massive damage in a relatively short amount of time, chase down the fleeing injured with his speed, and inflict debuffs on more powerful foes. Razor prefers to keep his position or kite his enemies allowing his spells to unleash its full potential. Known for being a great Anti-carry hero, Razor specializes in using his opponent's own powers against them, draining them of their damage and using it to smite them, as well as damaging, slowing, and purging them of buffs should they dare cast a spell on him. His ultimate, Eye of the Storm, further enhances his carry-killing powers by inflicting constant, armor-shattering, lightning strikes on the foe with the lowest HP within a 500 radius. For those who rely on their pure brute force alone to fight, there is truly no escape from the Underscape.
- Plasma Field interrupts Razor's channeling spells upon cast.
- Plasma Field expands and retracts at a speed of 636, taking 1.1 seconds to fully expand.
- The damage is divided into 2 instances. One instance is applied while expanding, and the other one while retracting. Both instances can hit a unit only once each.
- Plasma Field's damaging area is actually a 200 radius ring, which is right in front of the actual visible ring.
- This means that upon cast, it instantly damages units within 200 radius and can hit units up to 900 range away.
- So upon expanding, the damage hits 200 range before the visible ring hits, and upon retracting, the damage hits after the ring passed the units already.
- Plasma Field is centered on and follows Razor.
- Plasma Field provides 700 radius flying vision during the 2.2 second effect, following Razor and leaving a trail of vision which lasts 2 seconds.
- Static Link is broken when either unit dies or the link break distance is exceeded. Nothing else can break the link.
- Static Link keeps stealing damage even if the target's damage has reached 0.
- The distance between Razor and the target is checked right before each damage steal interval. If the distance is greater upon check, the link breaks.
- Static Link provides shared vision over the target while draining.
- Drains 1.75/3.5/5.25/7 ( 3.5/5.25/7/8.75) damage in 0.25 second intervals, starting 0.25 seconds after cast, resulting in 32 instances.
- Multiple casts of Static Link stack with each other, each cast placing its own debuff on the target and buff on Razor.
- However, the vision modifier does not stack. It disappears as soon as the first link ends.
- Applies a basic dispel on the target upon striking.
- Chooses a random target within the area, there are no priorities.
- When Razor is invisible, it still strikes enemies, but does not create a visual jolt, so that his position is not revealed.
- Strikes enemies even while Razor is disabled.
- Unstable current first applies the damage, then the debuff.
- Although the cooldown value in the tooltip changes, and the cooldown can visually be refreshed, the strike interval cannot be altered by anything.
- Eye of the Storm always targets the unit with the lowest current health in range first.
- If there are multiple units with the same lowest health in range, Eye of the Storm prioritizes the closest target.
- The storm prioritises enemies which have the Static Link Vision modifier on them, striking them over any other unit when within range, regardless of health values.
- When there are multiple enemies with the Static Link Vision modifier within strike range, the storm chooses between them randomly on each strike.
- The armor reduction debuff on units lasts as long as the storm, or until Razor dies.
- The strikes first deal their damage and then apply the armor reduction.
- The strikes are not regular attacks, so they fully ignore effects such as evasion and Damage Block.
- Aghanim's Scepter upgraded Eye of the Storm always prioritizes units over buildings and fully ignores filler buildings.
- Eye of the Storm can strike up to 42/50/60 ( 50/60/75) times and deal up to 1680/2750/4200 ( 2000/3300/5250) damage (before reductions).
- With the talent, it can strike up to 50/60/75 ( 60/75/100) times and deal up to 2000/3300/5250 ( 2400/4125/7000) damage (before reductions).
- When Razor turns invisible, the whole storm and its strike turn invisible as well, but still strike nearby enemies without them seeing or hearing them.
- Eye of the Storm immediately ends when Razor dies.
|-3s Unstable Current Interval||25||+100 Attack Speed|
|-0.1 Eye of the Storm Strike Interval||20||+10 Armor|
|+4% Unstable Current Movement Speed||15||+7 Static Link Damage Steal|
|+15 Agility||10||+200 Health|
- Iron Branch adds to Razor's already decent starting attributes.
- Tango helps Razor stay in lane.
- Healing Salve can save Razor if used at the last moment.
- Faerie Fire may keep Razor alive with burst health.
- Magic Stick can help Razor get off an extra Plasma Field.
- Boots of Speed is mandatory on all heroes. Combined with Unstable Current, it makes Razor one of the fastest heroes in the early game.
- Bottle is commonly picked up if Razor is playing in mid, as his superior movement speed helps him reach runes faster.
- Ring of Aquila provides a well-rounded mix of damage, armor, and mana regeneration.
- Magic Wand grants attributes and more charges to restore health and mana.
- Power Treads gives Razor good attack speed boost and desired attributes.
- Phase Boots can be a good alternative, as it allows Razor to catch up to enemies and keep them within range of Static Link and Eye of the Storm.
- Drum of Endurance enhances attributes, attack speed, and movement speed.
- Sange and Yasha provides both movement speed and a slow, helping Razor keep enemies within range of his abilities.
- Black King Bar's spell immunity negates numerous disables, allowing Razor to keep up with enemies.
- Butterfly's evasion and movement speed make Razor much more difficult for enemy carries to take down, so he can stay on top and drain more damage.
- Aghanim's Scepter upgrades Eye of the Storm's damage, as well as helping Razor take down buildings faster.
- Hood of Defiance protects Razor against magical damage with magic resistance, magical damage absorption, and health regeneration.
- Mekansm provides health restoration and armor to increase Razor's survivability, allowing his abilities to do damage.
- Helm of the Dominator helps Razor last longer in lane, increases his attack speed and allows him to dominate a creep to scout, use its abilities, or attack.
- Dragon Lance supplements Razor's attack range and attributes.
- Blade Mail deters enemies from attacking, letting Razor stay alive longer when using Static Link and Eye of the Storm.
- Shadow Blade allows Razor to use and pursue enemies with Static Link and Eye of the Storm with invisibility. The sounds and particle effects from his abilities cannot be seen or heard by the enemy when he is invisible, but will still do damage.
- Shiva's Guard increases defense with armor and aura that decreases enemy attack speed. The active ability slows enemy movement speed to keep them within abilities' ranges of Razor.
- Assault Cuirass's armor reduction works well with Eye of the Storm. It also provides attack speed and armor aura to keep Razor and teammates alive.
- Eye of Skadi gives a sizeable amount of health and attributes, as well as a slow to keep enemies in range.
- Heart of Tarrasque gives Razor supreme durability with strength and health, helping him stay alive and keep Eye of the Storm active as long as possible.
- Refresher Orb allows two instances of Eye of the Storm to be active at the same time, dealing heavy damage and armor reduction. Combined with Aghanim's Scepter, Eye of the Storm can hit buildings twice as often.
|Roles:||Carry Durable Nuker Pusher|
|Playstyle:||The whip that ushers the dead through the Narrow Maze brings just as much pain on the battlefield. The Lightning Revenant radiates a Plasma Field that shocks nearby foes, once upon expansion, and again upon contraction. He connects to enemy heroes with a Static Link, transferring their power to his own reserves. Charged with an Unstable Current, Razor hovers effortlessly off the ground, and sends jolts of electricity to those who dare come too close. In the Eye of the Storm, one finds Razor, watching and delighting in his work as bolts of lightning reduce his foes to charred remains.|
- Razor's alternate/fun name was Gillette, which is also the name of a reputable brand of shaving razors.
- Razor's attack response Play "Ride the Lightning!" is also the name of a Metallica's album and song (which references execution via electric chair).
- Razor's response upon picking the Aegis of the Immortal Play "There is a lightning that never goes out." is a reference to a song "There is a light that never goes out" by The Smiths.
- Razor's response "Conduct me where you will." is also a line said by Scrooge in A Christmas Carol.